Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And it's quite unlikely to suddenly change, wouldn't you say? ;-)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, MR's gonna lose, unless DC007, 007RM and BS make thirty "extra" accounts just to vote again.
    Yeah, MR's gonna lose, unless DC007, 007RM and BS make thirty "extra" accounts just to vote again.

Hahaha, has that actually been done before?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Agreed. I don't think this score is proof of MR being a bad film, but merely of DN being a very good film in the minds of many members.

Indeed. It'd be an embarassment for MR if it was losing against TWINE or AVTAK like this but not to DN.
    This is turning out how FRWL v.s. DAD would end.

You think DAD would get as many as 9 votes against FRWL? @-) I guess we will know for sure when that matchup occurs.
    No, I am alluding simply to the fact that FRWL would clean DAD's clock as DN is doing with MR. But, sadly there are many on here that are daft enough to vote DAD in that matchup.
  • DB5DB5
    Is this even a competition. How can you not vote for the first film with the famous and immortal line, "Bond, James Bond." Plus Dr. No is such a great villain. My vote is Dr. No.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DB5 wrote:
    Is this even a competition. How can you not vote for the first film with the famous and immortal line, "Bond, James Bond." Plus Dr. No is such a great villain. My vote is Dr. No.

+Sean+Ursula coming out of the water+the first showing of the Bond theme+no OTT garbage= WINNER
    Moonraker is not such a bad film, take away the dumb, asinine ending with Bond in space and you've got a very good and entertaining Bond adventure, even if Moore does go a bit overboard on the campy humor every now and again

It's ahead of Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and Diamonds for me with regards to the Connery tenure, and Yes, being serious, I'm not lying about it, you know I hold Moonraker in high regard, even if it is all a bit silly and slapstick here and there
    Moonraker is not such a bad film, take away the dumb, asinine ending with Bond in space and you've got a very good and entertaining Bond adventure, even if Moore does go a bit overboard on the campy humor every now and again

It's ahead of Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and Diamonds for me with regards to the Connery tenure, and Yes, being serious, I'm not lying about it, you know I hold Moonraker in high regard, even if it is all a bit silly and slapstick here and there

I agree with you that it is ahead of GF and YOLT, but not DAF. I myself am an honest fan of DAF, and I like it better than MR. While Moonraker's got the locations and Roger Moore going for it, I prefer Diamonds Are Forever in the music, action, plot, characters, and dialogue. Well, I say plot, but really both of them have good story-lines. Still, I'd prefer DAF. Sorry, I know that's a bit off-topic, just thought I'd comment on that.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    The one thing in MR that arguably beats ANYTHING in Dr No is this:

It's just epic. Probably John Barry's second best Bond score after OHMSS.

Then again DN does have this ;)

00Beast wrote:

Multiple accounts were attempted once, years ago... and immediately banned, years ago. ;-)
  • definitively thunderball :-))
    ENRNST_CAT wrote:
    definitively thunderball :-))

We're voting between DN and MR...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    ENRNST_CAT wrote:
    definitively thunderball :-))

We're voting between DN and MR...

He's being smart. He meant to do a laughing emoticon after his post, but the laughing emoticon isn't typed correctly in the default selection and we get a smile with a left over parenthesis.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    28-9, DN's still winning.
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Multiple accounts were attempted once, years ago... and immediately banned, years ago. ;-)

I miss Scashy

:(
    28-9, DN's still winning.

Thanks for the scores update @Agent007391! Haha, now I don't have to tally up the votes! Since this round seems to have been a slaughter-fest, we'll call it quits and declare Dr. No the winner.

All right, moving along now, here's the next round-up:

Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun
    Live and Let Die
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TMWTGG
  • I am not a TMWTGG hater, but Live And Let Die is a classic top 10 Bond movie IMO.
    My vote goes out to Live and Let Die which beats TMWTGG in the categories of music and villains mainly, and while also being equal in some other areas, I'd just prefer to watch LALD. Still, TMWTGG isn't bad, and recently I've seen it in a better light.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The only thing TMWTGG has over LALD is the main villain. And a more assured performance from Rog.

Not even close this one.
    LALD

At least it has Madeleine, Jane, a script that makes sense and a great action sequence although unfortunately during those minutes the Bond film has temporarily changed into a Bond parody.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    LALD. Kananga is in my top 5 Villains.
    TMWTGG
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,812
    Love both films and they're in my top three Moore Bond films but I'm giving this one to The Man With The Golden Gun. It's my number one Moore film with LALD in my number three spot.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Live and Let Die!
    Live and Let Die

Jane Seymour and David Hedison are the only reasons I put LALD over TMWTGG. Also, the taxi driver... "You're headed inta Harlem, baby!"
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,310
    I shall hand it to Live and Let Die. LALD just seems more cohesive. And it goes without saying that Solitare >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goodnight. And after all, Golden Gun is my least favorite Bond film.

15. Live and Let Die (1973) - 7/10
    16. Quantum of Solace (2008) - 6/10
    17. The World Is Not Enough (1999) - 6/10
    18. Diamonds Are Forever (1971) - 5.5/10
    19. Moonraker (1979) - 5.5/10
    20. A View to a Kill (1985) - 5.5/10
    21. Die Another Day (2002) - 5/10
    22. The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) - 5/10
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    LALD.
    Live and Let Die

LALD is one of my favorite Moore films, ranking just slightly behind FYEO. TMWTGG on the other hand, is amongst my least favorite Bond films, so it makes for an easy decision here.