The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I cant fit him in,i would lose 2 players to accomodate him who,on their day,can do the same.

Some midfielders I think should be forwards Hazard, Mané and Salah for example then I would ship out Kane in a straight swap lol

That would make it easier fitting them into the team, but at the same time, you would lose out on the one potential clean sheet point, and the higher score for each goal/assist.

True I can see they have done it for a good balance of quality in each area. Lukaku scored much needed points for me.

Shame Lukaku comes at a so high price. Difficult to fit many of the expensive strikers into the team without sacrificing too much elsewhere.

That's the gamble I took, with Kane, Lukaku and Aguero up front. If two fire each game it's a bonus, Lukaku looks like he will be dependable.

The team balance is a real struggle. So far we've seen the premium defenders deliver high scores (Alonso, Robertson, Mendy) - today was a different story. Maybe we'll see a points swing eventually, where the premium strikers are the ones to get? Time will tell.

Yeah my midfield is weak, just seen Agüero has picked up a ankle injury.

Read that too. Wonder if it's serious or not, as it might affect my transfer(s) for next gameweek.

One to keep an eye on later in the week, I have just made one transfer earlier brought in Richarlison, thankfully I have that spare transfer if needed.

That's the great thing about saving transfers when you can! Did Mkhitaryan to Maddison for free this gameweek (and it paid off), but it was really just the uncertainty around Mkhi, Walcott and Fraser that made me do it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I cant fit him in,i would lose 2 players to accomodate him who,on their day,can do the same.

Some midfielders I think should be forwards Hazard, Mané and Salah for example then I would ship out Kane in a straight swap lol

That would make it easier fitting them into the team, but at the same time, you would lose out on the one potential clean sheet point, and the higher score for each goal/assist.

True I can see they have done it for a good balance of quality in each area. Lukaku scored much needed points for me.

Shame Lukaku comes at a so high price. Difficult to fit many of the expensive strikers into the team without sacrificing too much elsewhere.

That's the gamble I took, with Kane, Lukaku and Aguero up front. If two fire each game it's a bonus, Lukaku looks like he will be dependable.

The team balance is a real struggle. So far we've seen the premium defenders deliver high scores (Alonso, Robertson, Mendy) - today was a different story. Maybe we'll see a points swing eventually, where the premium strikers are the ones to get? Time will tell.

Read that too. Wonder if it's serious or not, as it might affect my transfer(s) for next gameweek.

One to keep an eye on later in the week, I have just made one transfer earlier brought in Richarlison, thankfully I have that spare transfer if needed.

That's the great thing about saving transfers when you can! Did Mkhitaryan to Maddison for free this gameweek (and it paid off), but it was really just the uncertainty around Mkhi, Walcott and Fraser that made me do it.

Yeah I noticed you had a good points total I need Pogba and Lukaku to score for a respectable total been a poor week for me and have no players in tomorrows game.

Yeah I noticed you had a good points total I need Pogba and Lukaku to score for a respectable total been a poor week for me and have no players in tomorrows game.

First decent score in quite some time, although with Hazard in some teams already it might not make much difference. The Watford-United game is still wide open at 82 minutes played. Everything can happen!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Nervous finish, United really need a win

Close for Watford at the end there!

United really need to convert more chances we should have been four up first half.

United really need to convert more chances we should have been four up first half.

Foster had a good game though – that made the difference, IMO. Same with De Gea in the other end just before the match ended.
    Not a good week for me, Game week 5 is my worst total though I do have one player playing tomorrow [-O<
    Not a good week for me, Game week 5 is my worst total though I do have one player playing tomorrow [-O<

Second best for me. Hope I can climb a bit from that 1,2m ranking, but there's still three matches to go.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,272
    Gameweek 5 update! This round takes team LVLA Skopje 05 back in the lead with impressive 86 points - and a GW Rank of 77,650! Our 11th and most recent team in the league - Mexico Power, goes straight into 4th place with incredible 94 points, and a GW Rank of 23,721 after playing Tripple Captain on Hazard! Couldn't have gone better, could it!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 86 - TOT: 318
    2. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 37 - TOT: 311
    3. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 70 - TOT: 293
    4. Mexico Power - GW: 94 - TOT: 266
    5. We Need Help - GW: 44 - TOT: 264
    6. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 41 - TOT: 262
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 39 - TOT: 229
    8. Kloppites - GW: 32 - TOT: 212
    9. The Wizard Rises - GW: 35 - TOT: 204
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 39 - TOT: 204
    11. Octobenny - GW: 36 - TOT: 180

Always enjoy the stats in these videos. It's useful when you're considering players for future transfers.

Always enjoy the stats in these videos. It's useful when you're considering players for future transfers.

There are some good tips and gets you switched on to considering upcoming fixtures. Pogba scored two and one assist in CL last night hope he carries that form into the Wolves game at the weekend.
    Back to back bad weeks for me not good, my top players just are not delivering I may have to ship out Lukaku

There are some good tips and gets you switched on to considering upcoming fixtures. Pogba scored two and one assist in CL last night hope he carries that form into the Wolves game at the weekend.

Which he did with an assist! One to consider going forward.
    Back to back bad weeks for me not good, my top players just are not delivering I may have to ship out Lukaku

Difficult to predict where the points will come from sometimes; still a few good fixtures coming up for Lukaku with West Ham and Newcastle next, so he might still be a good option. Saying that, I haven't seen any highlights from the United-Wolves match, and don't know how he played.

Difficult to predict where the points will come from sometimes; still a few good fixtures coming up for Lukaku with West Ham and Newcastle next, so he might still be a good option. Saying that, I haven't seen any highlights from the United-Wolves match, and don't know how he played.

My knee jerk reaction is to overhaul the team lol though looking at the table teams are closer than I thought they would be.

My knee jerk reaction is to overhaul the team lol though looking at the table teams are closer than I thought they would be.

No need for knee jerk reactions just yet! Season's only just started, and it's best to think long term with the transfers you make. Look at the players that's least likely to give you points over the next 3-4 fixtures, and start from there. Pogba and Lukaku have a couple of good fixtures coming up – as does Richarlison and Kane.

Also worth looking at form, and which players looks likely to do well not only depending on fixtures.
    I've completely forgot to do the weekly update! Here it is:
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 50 - TOT: 368
    2. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 71 - TOT: 360
    2. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 49 - TOT: 360
    4. We Need Help - GW: 49 - TOT: 313
    5. Mexico Power - GW: 47 - TOT: 309
    6. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 37 - TOT: 299
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 54 - TOT: 283
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 70 - TOT: 270
    9. alisson wonderland - GW: 51 - TOT: 255
    10. Kloppites - GW: 40 - TOT: 252
    11. Octobenny - GW: 64 - TOT: 244

Several good scores this gameweek – which was a difficult one, IMO. With Chelsea and Liverpool playing each other tomorrow, it will be interesting to see which of the highly owned players from each team (Mané, Salah, Hazard, Alonso etc.) will end up scoring most points. Meanwhile, City and Sp*rs have good fixtures, playing Brighton at home, and Huddersfield away.

Some price changes before the next deadline:
    I haven't used my free transfer this week as all are injury free etc,so it will help having 2 next week if needed.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I haven't used my free transfer this week as all are injury free etc,so it will help having 2 next week if needed.

That seems like a good plan. Undecided myself; have a couple injuries, and it's tempting to sort out one of them.
    I used all my (2) free transfers up so stuck with the same team, I am hoping Kane will deliver this weekend.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    YNWA. That is all.
    YNWA. That is all.

Welcome to the forum, @conradhankers! Do you play FPL?
    YNWA. That is all.

I got rid of Mendy and brought Robertson in
    YNWA. That is all.

Difficult fixture this week, but you never know; he'll might get an assist or two!
    YNWA. That is all.

Difficult fixture this week, but you never know; he'll might get an assist or two!

I may fair a little better this week points wise though the United situation is not helping my cause re: Lukaku and Pogba misfiring.

Plus I should have kept the captaincy on Kane and not shifted to Aguero lol
    YNWA. That is all.

I may fair a little better this week points wise though the United situation is not helping my cause re: Lukaku and Pogba misfiring.

Aguero scored and he is my captain so im ok with that..wont have Kane out of principal.
    Dumped Pogba 2 weeks ago....no Man U players in my team,that says something eh ?!
    YNWA. That is all.

Aguero scored and he is my captain so im ok with that..wont have Kane out of principal.
    Dumped Pogba 2 weeks ago....no Man U players in my team,that says something eh ?!

Sign of this current season unfortunately, United will bounce back though short term its a mess. No matter what club any of us support we all want club issues nipped in the bud quickly or it escalates into a cancerous situation.

Makes sense for you not to pick Kane, I am the same with Salah and Mané to my detriment lol
    YNWA. That is all.

Sign of this current season unfortunately, United will bounce back though short term its a mess. No matter what club any of us support we all want club issues nipped in the bud quickly or it escalates into a cancerous situation.

Makes sense for you not to pick Kane, I am the same with Salah and Mané to my detriment lol

Exactly....these scumbag players and their agents just ruin the game for ALL teams.

And its mad isnt it but loyalty and pure hatred means i wont pick any Hotscum players.
    YNWA. That is all.

Exactly....these scumbag players and their agents just ruin the game for ALL teams.

And its mad isnt it but loyalty and pure hatred means i wont pick any Hotscum players.

Loyalty from fans is one of the last positive things left in football.

The media does not help with its over saturation, Sky et al are desperate for a news storys they are like vultures and fuel anything they get there hands on, though I still think Sir Alex would show who is boss even today, whether football fans liked him or not it was his way or the high way he took no bs.

Jose has had cracks since the Chelsea debacle, I hoped and backed him to rebuild, now I think he has lost his passion for the game.