The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    NO!! She was absolutely dreadful! Thank god for Samantha Bond - at least she had a bit more of a feisteness and could actually...act a bit. I'm being a bit hard on Bliss I know but is it any wonder we've not seen her at all on the TV over the years.

Anyone who thinks CB is a better Moneypenny than SB is seriously deluded ;) Sorry but its a fact. I showed my parents the scenes between Dalton/Bliss and Brosnan/Bond and they both agreed the latter was easily the more convincing. Every single bloomin' time I hear that "Barry Manilow" line I crindge

Fair enough if people think Dalton is better than Brosnan but to say that Bliss should have replaced Bond in GE is just X( ~X( ~X( ~X(

I <3 Samantha Bond (and I say that as a man) :x :x :x ~

Are your parents the new yardstick for quality?

Yeah...they are ;)

I'd certainly rather have Bains old man helming the next film than 007RogerMoore.

I'd certainly rather have Bains old man helming the next film than 007RogerMoore.

007RogerMoore is the king, an amazing person. His feats are astonishing and remarkable. If there was even a quantum of justice in the world he would be the earth´s leader. He´s more than qualified to make the next Bond film, which would be awesome! ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And he's got a massive penis.

Now, moving on...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    And he's got a massive penis.

Now, moving on...

Hahahahahaha :D
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 075</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Koskov should have met his demise on-screen in TLD.</b></font>
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Well, it would have helped his case as a 'villain' that's certain. As it is, it only helps Koskov come off weak like the rest of the film's villains.

It suits his character though and at least it's a little different compared to the normal.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    No, but I would´t be heartbroken if he died. Doesn´t matter that much, but he was too nice to be killed. After all, he didn´t kill Bond, in mercy he just sent him to a seemingly terrible prison. The same happened in to Koskov in the end of TLD (but he was likely killed anyway inside the iron curtain). But I prefer not to see him die.
    Disagree. The face he gives after he realizes that Pushkin is going to have him executed is great!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,904
    I disagree that the rest of the films villains were weak. Necros was very much a physical heavy, Whitaker was somewhere in the middle, while Kosvkov, the little runt that we was, was more of an intellectual villain. I like the ending, just the way it is.

Thesis 75: Disagree.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 23,625
    I disagree that the rest of the films villains were weak. Necros was very much a physical heavy, Whitaker was somewhere in the middle, while Kosvkov, the little runt that we was, was more of an intellectual villain. I like the ending, just the way it is.

And I myself agree with the Major. I find it so simple yet so effective a remedy against boredom. You see after all these years, the one man most movie goers at the time would have expected to die in a battle versus Bond, surprisingly enough remains standing, as far as we see.
    No. It's more satisfying to know that that weasel's fate is somewhat unclear. Even though we as the audience and he probably know that he's soon finding out how to play dead. That or rot in a prison somewhere.
    I disliked the Koskov/Krabbe part and it made the movie weaker. Shot in the head he should have been imho. ;)

This.
    Thesis 75 : Disagree
    Although its funny to see the realisation of whats going to happen to him when Pushkin has him put in the diplomatic bag? It would have been fun to see Dalton deal with him! So it is a yes and no!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Disagree. Krabbe is just too fun and likable to be killed on screen !! The ending we got was good, IMO.
  • Disagree, because it gives us something to think about.
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 076</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Bond romancing Andrea with Goodnight in a closet is tasteless and not-at-all funny.</b></font>
    Disagree.
    Care to explain why? ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Care to explain why? ;-)

Of course, how rude of me. :D

I just like that he sc""ws one and puts the other in the closet and later tells her "your turn will come, I promise". Such a playboy. :))
    THESIS 075

I'm on the fence- while he was a bad guy he was still pretty likeable. I like how he's arrested and pretty much done for, but at the same time if he had gotten killed, the audience could have applauded! Same with Boris in GoldenEye- his death was a he-had-it-coming crowd pleaser. Koskov could have been handled similarly

THESIS 076

Well... I'm no prude- I wouldn't call that scene 'tasteless' per se, not so much as Bond was generally a jerk in that movie period.
    Having Bond sleep with Andrea while Goodnight was right there within earshot was just 'another coin in the douche jar' (lol anyone watch 'New Girl'?) as far as TMWTGG was concerned.
    That said, since it was Rog playing Bond, it was still funny
    076- I thought it was funny
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Disagree. It's film Bond, and we all know he's done MUCH worse.
    I disagree. It's pure Bond.
    I find the scene pretty amusing and fitting in the way the Moore films were being pitched to the public. So i would disagree with this thesis.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2012 Posts: 5,999
    74: Disagree. Bliss is like Lazenby, in a way. She was the first to try to fill impossible shoes. I'm glad that they let her go after LTK.

75: Disagree. Koskov worked better understated and with comedy. His best scenes are comedic--"Pig, what is pig?" and "James, I will never forget what you did for me."

76: Disagree. I thought the scene was fine, even though Ekland played her as a twit.
    Missed it, but thought Koskov should of come out of Daylights alive and well, the man was there for comic effect and should of been included in one of Moore's more slapstick offerings than a hard edged Dalton adventure, he wouldn't hurt a fly

Not sure about the other, I mean it was a bit cruel on Goodnight being in that closet for hours while Moore had his way with Ms Anders but he made it up to her in the end. Was it funny?, I didn't get any humor from it, but thought Moore was a bit out of line with what he did to her that night. I'm going to agree with last thesis

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,629
    I don't see the harm. Goodnight got her turn

And didn't get shot in the boob.

And she didn't get slapped.

And she didn't get roughed up.

And she didn't have to manage three nipples.

And she didn't lose her charm and have someone else poop it out.

And she didn't grab a sumo wretler's cheeks.

And she didn't hide behind school girls.

See, Goodnight actually had it pretty good coming out of the closet.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 076</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Bond romancing Andrea with Goodnight in a closet is tasteless and not-at-all funny.</b></font>

It was both tasteless AND funny. Kinda reminded me of something out of "3's Company". So I both agree and disagree with this thesis.