Roger Moore appreciates the James Bond franchise.

2»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    the primary cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage.

I was unaware that Roger Moore had single-handedly destroyed Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, texting in general and that BS called American Idol.

Please, this is a serious matter. Without Sir Roger, thousands of children across the world would have been struck by major deceases and/or killed.

Can you send me a link about his involvement. I'd love to hear more about this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • A class act. It's little surprise that Moore was so popular with cast and crew throughout his career. We all have different tastes, and favourite Bonds on this site, but the vast majority of us, I think, unite to tip the hat to Sir Roger as a great guy.

I've always thought it revealing that he never had a written contract while filming The Persuaders. A hand-shake with Lew Grade was all that was required. It would seem that Sir Rog's word really is his bond.

As for his work with UNICEF, well, let's just say that his knighthood was VERY well deserved.

I want to see Sir Rog play an integral role in the 50th Anniversary celebrations. It wouldn't be the same without a self-deprecating quip, an old Cubby tale or two, and possibly even a raised eyebrow, from the icon in a safari suit, himself.
    In that UNICEF clip with the cab driver, in the end (that wasn't shown), he told Roger that he loved him in "The Untouchables". LOL
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I think he probably made the most of his time as Bond in terms of the films he made in between Bond adventures, Gold, Shout at the Devil, Wild Geese, Sea Wolves, Escape to Athena, Northsea Hijack were epic action adventure yarns that decent box office globally. Obvioulsy there were some little seen stinkers as well!

I know Brosnan did well with The Thomas Crown Affair and Tailor of Pananma during his tenure. I don't think Dalton did much in between? And Connery, I'm not really sure if he was in much else in between, other than Marnie the Hitchcock film?

The Thomas Crown Affiar is one of my favorite movies. And just to add that Brosnan was nominated for a Golden Globe for The Matador (I think ...) and Sean, well, he did win an Oscar for The Untouchables. Or did you mean, just while they were still palying Bond? You probably did ... sorry!

As for ol' Rog ... yes, I love him and do appreciate his helping so many people, and children, through his work with UNICEF. That is completely admirable, and so is his refreshingly modest attitude. A true gentleman!! He and Audrey Hepburn put their lives, hearts and souls into their UNICEF commitments (gosh, I miss her).
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    It's a shame a certain someone who's entire career is owed to Bond can't be so dignified!

Too right. Would be still polishing coffins if it wasnt for Bond. OK he and EON were both good for each other, but I think its a bit petty to practically disown his involvement in Bond as he does these days.

Rog a true gent although I'd wish he'd give it a rest about foie gras. I love a bit and thanks to his lefty belating the only place you can get it in London is Fortnums. I have to wait till I go to France to get some these days. I find it a tad hypocritical - youre not telling me that at his peak in the 70s and when no one gave a toss about animal rights Rog hasnt washed down the odd plateful with some Bolly?
    He also helped launch the partnership between UNICEF and FIFA, the world governing body of football

What a shame. I was just thinking what a nice bloke he is and then you come out with that. Sorry but anyone who does dealings with FIFA is as crooked as a Sun journo. FIFA are second only to the Vatican as the most corrupt and dodgy organisation in the world.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    the Vatican as the most corrupt and dodgy organisation in the world.

Finally! I thought my message hadn't be heard! I've been spreading stuff like this around the internet for years!

Sorry but anyone who does dealings with FIFA is as crooked as a Sun journo. FIFA are second only to the Vatican as the most corrupt and dodgy organisation in the world.

Oh yes. Barca have gotten too many favors handed to them. Did anyone by any chance see the Chelsea-Barca game at the Stamford Bridge in 2009?

And the CL draws are a fraud also.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We might enjoy it more if this thread got back on topic, gents. ;-)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sir Roger Moore single-handidly helped raise $91 millions for the purpose of eliminating iodine deficiency, the primary cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage.

So was it single handedly or did he help? Kidding of course.

Sir Rog has been a fine ambassador using his celebrity status to open doors, however don't cannonise him too much at the expense of others such as Bianca Jagger who have been very active in charitable and human rights issues.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sir Rog should be canonised once he departs (hopefully not before he turns 100) ! If it were my way, Sir Rog would be sanctified as well !!
    There should be moore people like him!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,691
    Yessup wrote:
    There should be moore people like him!

Sir Rog has been the most amazing human being to have walked the earth in the last 84 years. I'm afraid that once Sir Rog will pass away, we may not see another fantastic person like him for the rest of our existence.