Roger Moore appreciates the James Bond franchise.

edited April 2012 in Actors Posts: 224
Someone asked Sir Roger, on his web site, how proud he was to have taken on the role of Bond. This was his reply:

"Of course, I was delighted and honored to be chosen as Bond. I've always said I owe a lot to 007 coming into my life and, continue to be associated with the franchise very happily giving interviews and taking part in documentaries and PR events. I had a bit of a career before Bond. But those films really took my life to another level and, I'm very grateful to them and everyone involved."

What a great answer. May Sir Rog be keeping the British end up for many years to come.

Comments

It's a shame a certain someone who's entire career is owed to Bond can't be so dignified!
    It's a shame a certain someone who's entire career is owed to Bond can't be so dignified!

Maud Adams character in Octopussy referred to her and Moore's Bond as "two of a kind". I wonder if in real life, maybe Roger is one of a kind. Loyalty is in short supply these days in all facets of life.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sir Rog, indeed one of, if not the greatest human being to have walked the earth in the past 84 years. The world will be much darker once Sir Rog will depart. May he grace us with his amazing presence for many more years !!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    'I had a bit of a career before Bond' is a very unassuming and modest comment.

He was in fact the highest paid TV star of the 1960s, certainly big enough to be given equal billing with Hollywood star Tony Curtis when they made The Persuaders.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    NicNac wrote:

You should know that Sir Rog doesn't yell on the roofs how much success he had in his life. Sir Rog is a very modest man, but tries to accomplish so many things. The world would be a better place even if there was only one more human being as great as Sir Roger Moore. Sir Rog is a faultess man, a true gentleman. It would take me the entire week to list all his qualities and accomplishements. Sir Roger Moore, more than a legend, but a true goodhearted spirit watching over us Bond fans, and more importantly watching over every children in the third world and keeping them safe of child traffickers.
    NicNac wrote:

Sir Roger Moore, more than a legend, but a true goodhearted spirit watching over us Bond fans, and more importantly watching over every children in the third world and keeping them safe of child traffickers.

He considers himself anything but a "hero". Yet, he is a "hero", whether he wants to be one or not.

Fair play to the man, not alot of these people in the world today - If only he would do a photo and signing circuit nearer to the release of the film,
    I think he probably made the most of his time as Bond in terms of the films he made in between Bond adventures, Gold, Shout at the Devil, Wild Geese, Sea Wolves, Escape to Athena, Northsea Hijack were epic action adventure yarns that decent box office globally. Obvioulsy there were some little seen stinkers as well!

I know Brosnan did well with The Thomas Crown Affair and Tailor of Pananma during his tenure. I don't think Dalton did much in between? And Connery, I'm not really sure if he was in much else in between, other than Marnie the Hitchcock film?
    Ellis wrote:
    He considers himself anything but a "hero". Yet, he is a "hero", whether he wants to be one or not.

Moore would never brag about himself, that is not his style. That is another trait that makes him even more fantastic! Deep down he probably knows that he is the best Bond, though he will always say that Sean is better.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wonderful to read and I wouldn't expect Moore to say anything else. Thanks for posting.
    The man is a hero! Always makes me smile and laugh when i see him just because of his humour! What a great ambassador for Bond and UNICEF!
    Moore is a living legend.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sir Rog, indeed one of, if not the greatest human being to have walked the earth in the past 84 years. The world will be much darker once Sir Rog will depart. May he grace us with his amazing presence for many more years !!

Right... all those people who saved lives, or stopped criminals or, oh yeah, the real spies of the world just don't make the cut, do they? (sarcasm) None of them matter as much as Sir Rog! (sarcasm)

Right... all those people who saved lives, or stopped criminals or, oh yeah, the real spies of the world just don't make the cut, do they? (sarcasm) None of them matter as much as Sir Rog! (sarcasm)

Sir Rog has saved thousands, if not tens of thousands of children from childtrafickers.

Well, Roger did kind of do this.
    I you want a role model of how to behave and to treat people in your life (except the ex-wives he walked out on)..Sir Roger is it...

The man is one of my heroes.
    actonsteve wrote:
    I you want a role model of how to behave and to treat people in your life (except the ex-wives he walked out on)..Sir Roger is it...

The man is one of my heroes.

Agreed. Although Sir Rog is not one of my heroes, he is my *only* hero :)

Sir Rog is the greatest human being to have walked the earth in the last 100 years. He is like a good-hearted spirit watching over us mortals, and of course saving tens of thousands of children from the evil hands of childtrafickers. Sir Rog is more than a legend, he is a normal, good-willed god who has decided to spend his time with us on earth. Once Sir Moore will depart, the world will be much darker. So instead of bickering and whining about his take on Bond or his acting skills, let's enjoy the short time (long I hope) that he will still be with us. No-one one MI6Community will see another amazing human being like Sir Rog ever again during their lifetime.
    Agreed. Although Sir Rog is not one of my heroes, he is my true hero :)

Sir Rog is the greatest human being to have walked the eart...

*click
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Really? How? What did Roger Moore do (I don't count UNICEF) to save lives or stop criminals? And the people he played do not count.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I always hold a soft place in my heart for Sir Roger, even though he is not my favourite Bond he sure is my favourite actor to have played Bond. What a character!

Really? How? What did Roger Moore do (I don't count UNICEF) to save lives or stop criminals? And the people he played do not count.

Sir Rog has saved thousands of children from the hands of childtrafickers.

Sir Rog has saved thousands of children from the hands of childtrafickers.

Please explain.
    Sir Roger Moore single-handidly helped raise $91 millions for the purpose of eliminating iodine deficiency, the primary cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage.

He also helped launch the partnership between UNICEF and FIFA, the world governing body of football, which includes a focus on preventing the spread of HIV and AIDS among young people.
    Those don't sound like drug traffickers, but damn, Roger is a saint!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Well many thousands of children were saved by Sir Rog, so indeed he is a saint !

JWESTBROOK wrote:

Well many thousands of children were saved by Sir Rog, so indeed he is a saint !

THE Saint <:-P
    Don´t forget that Moore saved earth from being entirely emptied of human beings in MR.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Damn good man. I have nothing but immense respect for the man. He is modest in all that he does, like a true gentleman, but is giving to others as well as the Bond franchise that gave him a big boost in the public eye and opened up all the great opportunities post Bond. The Saint is right. If all the past actors had the admiration Rog did then the big 50 would be even better. Rog can forget grudges and blow it off, while SOME Bond actors let the anger build and never try to be the bigger man and take it with class. TAKE NOTES SIR SEAN!!!
    the primary cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage.

I was unaware that Roger Moore had single-handedly destroyed Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, texting in general and that BS called American Idol.
    the primary cause of preventable mental retardation and brain damage.

I was unaware that Roger Moore had single-handedly destroyed Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, texting in general and that BS called American Idol.

Please, this is a serious matter. Without Sir Roger, thousands of children across the world would have been struck by major deceases and/or killed.