The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Torgeirtrap, I thought I'd reply here rather than via the messaging system. Thanks so much for the invite to the Fantasy Premier League game. I only occasionally watch league games (I'm really a big tournament 'every couple of years' type of fan), so I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute.

I really do appreciate you keeping me in mind though, and I hope you guys have fun with it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap, I thought I'd reply here rather than via the messaging system. Thanks so much for the invite to the Fantasy Premier League game. I only occasionally watch league games (I'm really a big tournament 'every couple of years' type of fan), so I'm afraid I don't have much to contribute.

I really do appreciate you keeping me in mind though, and I hope you guys have fun with it.

No problem, @bondjames - and thanks for replying! :-)
    Less than a week to go, folks! How is everyones teams shaping up? Still struggling with how to spread the budget myself, jumping between drafts of a 3-4-3 and a 3-5-2 formation.

Are there any new signings or players from promoted teams you consider starting the season with? :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Less than a week to go, folks! How is everyones teams shaping up? Still struggling with how to spread the budget myself, jumping between drafts of a 3-4-3 and a 3-5-2 formation.

Are there any new signings or players from promoted teams you consider starting the season with? :-)

I have stuck with the team and formation I set up last week, I am confident of picking up points next weekend lol
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235

I have stuck with the team and formation I set up last week, I am confident of picking up points next weekend lol

Wish I was so confident in the team! I changed almost my entire team two times yesterday - as well as formation! Looking forward to the Community Shield later today. Might give an indication of what Pep and Sarri will do next weekend - or not! Who knows?
    I am very very happy and pleasantly surprised at the players i got actually..feeling positive.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I am very very happy and pleasantly surprised at the players i got actually..feeling positive.

Got any Arsenal coverage?
    You will find out next weekend ;)

Guess I will!
    Agüero scores for City. Hm…

Guess I will!

Really ? have both teams put out a strong side ?

Guess I will!

Really ? have both teams put out a strong side ?

Uhm, not full strength at least. Both teams missing players, but City have Agüero, Sané and Mahrez starting.
    Aaah ok..i'm not watching it,thats why i asked.
    Aaah ok..i'm not watching it,thats why i asked.

City the better team so far, but Sarri only became manager a few weeks ago as well, so it's really not surprising. Chelsea without Kanté is a different team really.
    Not playing Morata is he ? that guy is a waste of space .
    Not playing Morata is he ? that guy is a waste of space .

He is… That guy doesn't look motivated at all. Giroud still on holiday, I think.
    Giroud is still away yep,and being linked wz Marseille.I dont think the new manager wants him.

Thats quite a strong team he has put out ,not bad.
    Giroud is still away yep,and being linked wz Marseille.I dont think the new manager wants him.

It's less than a week until the season starts, so he must put out a good team, IMO. Prefer Giroud to Morata any day of the week, but it depends on what Sarri wants.

It's less than a week until the season starts, so he must put out a good team, IMO. Prefer Giroud to Morata any day of the week, but it depends on what Sarri wants.

Definately..Giroud always gives 100% every time he plays,feel sorry for him that he has never been able to pin down a regular place in the EPL.

Definately..Giroud always gives 100% every time he plays,feel sorry for him that he has never been able to pin down a regular place in the EPL.

The underappreciated Arsenal hero definitely! How many times didn't he secure a draw or a late winner for Wenger!

The underappreciated Arsenal hero definitely! How many times didn't he secure a draw or a late winner for Wenger!

And played nearly every game one season,even though he was kanckered, when we lost nearly all of our strikers.

He carried the team - how soon people forget.

And played nearly every game one season,even though he was kanckered, when we lost nearly all of our strikers.

People are quick to forget, no doubt about that! Luckily he's appreciated by many fans for his years at the club.

People are quick to forget, no doubt about that! Luckily he's appreciated by many fans for his years at the club.

Certainly you and me anyway.

Certainly! He's a striker type I like, really. Have to enjoy a striker that's physical, manages to hold on to the ball, and is a threat inside the box - for Giroud with his headers (and the occasional Puskás Award like goals!)

Certainly! He's a striker type I like, really. Have to enjoy a striker that's physical, manages to hold on to the ball, and is a threat inside the box - for Giroud with his headers (and the occasional Puskás Award like goals!)

Hahaha couldnt agree more...Leeds knocking the crap out of Stoke at the moment !

Hahaha couldnt agree more...Leeds knocking the crap out of Stoke at the moment !

Leeds should really be a club aiming for promotion. Hasn't happened yet, though.

Leeds should really be a club aiming for promotion. Hasn't happened yet, though.

The board need to understand that managers need time...they have a good manager now,apparantly,so they need to let him do his job and let the players settled into a routine.

The board need to understand that managers need time...they have a good manager now,apparantly,so they need to let him do his job and let the players settled into a routine.

All to often you see managers not getting the time they should be given. 1-0 for Bielsa and Leeds now, so that should at least give the Leeds board some faith!

All to often you see managers not getting the time they should be given. 1-0 for Bielsa and Leeds now, so that should at least give the Leeds board some faith!

Leeds are very impressive so far...great goal as well.

Leeds are very impressive so far...great goal as well.

Indeed! But this is a discussion for the "Back of the net!" thread, right? :-D
    Indeed..good point...this thread is about me winning the Fantasy League ;)