Fav Bond Humor Scenes

edited November 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
We already did Craig's humor (what little there was) and this was never Dalton's strong suit. (though I did like Sharkey's comment afer Killerfer was killed) but lets think on some of our favorite humorous Bond moments in some of our favorite films.
Sean Connery: I find it hard to laugh at some of the dry humor and his one liners. DAF is loaded with them but I kept finding myself shaking my head. DAF did serve as an introduction to the Moore era and the light hearted approach. However I did find the scene in YOLT kinda funny after he laid out the driver with the stature and then replaced the broken stature in it's rightful place...
Roger Moore: Though I found the movie serious there were some fun moments in Octopussy. Especially when he was in that body bag and when the workers dumped him in the truck you hear a "grunt" from Moore. then when he rose up and scared the shytt out of the workers....In AVTAK the fight with the thugs at Stacy's mansion with the rock salt loaded shot gun.
Pierce Brosnan: GoldenEye when he dumped Xenia's ass on those hot stones...DAD most of the silly dialogue between him and Jinx
:P
George Lazenby : Not really humor but I liked the line: Tracy: "do you always arm yourself for a rendrzvous?" Bond : "Lately I've become accident prone."

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Connery:
    (drives up to that one building in Dr. No, the dead chauffeur is in the back seat, he gets out) "Make sure he doesn't get away."

Moore:
    He dressed up as a clown. That's all I have to say.

Dalton:
    "Better make that two."

Brosnan:
    (kicks the guy into the printing press) "They'll print anything these days."
    Dr. No:

"You see, there's a Dragon.."
    Bond- *turns with the look like he wants to smack him* "What?!"
  • Connery/From Russia With Love

(Bianchi) - 'oh James, will you make love to me in England'

Connery - 'All day and all night, go on about the Mechanism'

(Bianchi) - 'horrible woman'

Connery ' 'Yes, she's had her kicks'

(Kerim Bey) - 'The woman left in hysterics'

Connery - 'Found your technique too violent?'

Goldfinger

Connery - 'Shocking, Positively Shocking'

Connery - 'My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs' =))

Connery - 'at least they won't be using Heroin flavored bananas to finance revolutions'

I've (just) realized this is more humor bits of dialog than humor scenes but it's late and I'm tired and I'm sticking with it [-(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Clearly you find Connery's films to be the funniest.
    Torro that sounds like a load of bull

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    "I resent that"
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Roger Moore: In MR, when Dr. Goodhead goes to turn on the light, Bond grabs her hand and says "Ha!" - never thought of Bond scaring people like that. :P
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I always get a laugh out of the wine bottle guy from TSWLM/MR/FYEO. Pure gold.

Extremely funny discussion here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/468/where-would-you-stick-bond-legend-victors/p1
    Well, I did think it was funny in MR when the henchman (who's name I forget) ups the G's on the simulator. The look on Moore's face as it speeds up is priceless.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, I did think it was funny in MR when the henchman (who's name I forget) ups the G's on the simulator. The look on Moore's face as it speeds up is priceless.

His name is Chang, played by Toshiro Suga.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 498
    Here's a few I can think of:
    -The scene in Thunderball where Fiona Volpe is in the bathtub, and tells Bond to hand her something to wear. So he hands her a pair of shoes.
    -Bond on the roof in OHMSS basically picking a girl for each hour of the night.
    -Bond sitting up in the bodybag in OP
    -When Xenia headbutts Natalia in GE, and Boris getting doused with liquid nitrogen.
    -DAF when Bond puts the cassette tape in Tiffany's bikini bottom, and then when she's firing the machine gun and goes right off the edge of the rig. Such failure... oh and Blofeld crossdressing was kind of amusing, especially since Charles Grey was cast in the Rocky Horror Picture Show four years later. XD
    EDIT: Forgot one! LALD: "Never go in there without a mongoose."
    DarthDimi wrote:

His name is Chang, played by Toshiro Suga.

Thank you. I haven't seen MR in a long time. All I remembered about him was that he was Asian.
    Georgi Koskov: "How many people have done this?"
    Bond: "You're the first."
    Georgi Koskov: "AAAHH-" (yell cut off when Bond slams the lid of the pipeline thing)

Corrine Dufour: "In fact, Mr. Drax is financing the entire operation out of his own pocket."
    Bond: "He seems to have an eye for good investment." (puts HIS eye on Corrine)

Renard's Thug: "Where was Davidov? I was told to expect him."
    Bond: "Uhh...hehe...he was buried with work."

Honey Ryder: "Did I do wrong?"
    Bond: "Well it wouldn't do to make a habit of it." (looking very uneasy)

Just a few I thought of spur-of-the-moment!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    TSWLM when Bond throws the fish out of the car. LOL-4.png
  • DB5DB5
    Lazenby in OHMSS- "He had a lot of guts."

Connery in TB- "I think he got the point."
    @DB5: Haha, the latter is so perfectly delivered! That's a classic for sure!
    Miss Magda - 'I need refilling'

Moore - 'Of course you do'

Moore especially in some of his latter films, when 'his stunt double' was involved in action, the 'OOOOOOOH', such as nearly going off the Eiffel Tower chasing Mayday, hanging on to the Zorin airship, or some other things I can't think of right now but you get the picture

Honey - 'I put a Black Widow spider in his bed, it took him a whole week to die. Did I do wrong?'

Connery - 'Well it wouldn't do to make a habit of it'

Moore again in the Hai Fat grounds and those two sumo wrestlers

Brosnan and Doctor Kaufmann in the Hamburg motel room

Moore and Pepper in the car in Golden Gun as they race through Thailand (Little Brown Pointy Heads)

Brosnan falling from the balloon and rolling down the Millenium Dome building in London to a silly sound effect

Could be here all night with this actually

@Baltimore_007: YES! The Moore yell from OP and AVTAK is hilarious! My brother and I always die laughing when Roger plunges over the Golden Gate Bridge and makes that yell, only to be caught by the cables!
  • DB5DB5
    In AVTAK Zorin- "Sleep well?" Moore- "A little rough at first, but I got off eventually."
    DB5 wrote:
    In AVTAK Zorin- "Sleep well?" Moore- "A little rough at first, but I got off eventually."

:-& Definitely the most gross part of AVTAK....just knowing what he's referring too!
    It's a trademark Moore sound isn't it. Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh! -

Actually I believe Moore said - 'A little restless' when Zorin asked him but I won't nitpick

Incidentally that meeting with Bond and Zorin in the study is one of my favorite moments of AVTAK.

'Claims to be English, James St John Smythe'- Zorin -'Huh'

'Real name is James Bond', Zorin - 'oooh'

'Extremely Dangerous, License To Kill'- Zorin - 'Huhohu'

It's a real shame it's over with so quickly
    @Baltimore_007: Yeah, Bond and Zorin's meeting is really cool, definitely a favorite with me. Just knowing that Zorin knows who Bond is, and could expose him right then and there is so thrilling!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 774
    TB when he gives Volpe a pair of slippers when she, in her bath, asks for something to put on.
    “Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead.”
    "I think he got the point."

There were a lot of funny moments in TB.
  • Miklos: "We must hurry get him in the pig."
    Koskov: "Pig? what is pig?"
    Bond: "Scouring plug to clean up the pipeline, this one's been specially designed to carry a man."
    Koskov: "Pipeline? you mean our pipeline?"
    Bond: "Great Soviet achievement. Piping natural gas into Western Europe."
    Koskov: "Buh bu...but not me!"
    Bond: "Don't worry Georgi it's a piece of cake."
    Miklos: "Never mind cake. If you open valve before 100, he will be Borscht."
    Koskov: "Pigs, Borscht, cake, there must be another way."
    Bond: "Get in, put in the mask and breathe normaly."
    Miklos: "Enough talk."
    Bond:"Relax Georgi, our enginners have spent months perfecting this."
    Koskov: "How many times have you done this before??"
    Bond: "You're the first."
    Koskov: "AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!"
    :O
    Koskov was a beacon of unintentional humor in that release

He was in that Richard Gere movie, No Mercy I think it was, with Kim Basinger about the same time of release and played a really nasty character, when I saw it for the first time, I thought 'Is this really Koskov', except it wasn't but you understand

He was in The Fugitive (1993) also with Harrison Ford and did well in that, but Daylights I feel was a lame note for the actor, he would of been ideal in a Moore release in the 1980s, not so in a straight faced Dalton adventure I feel
  • I agree. He was trying really hard to be this larger than life character and it looks forced. Like when he says "I told you the British would believe me, I told you, I told you". But that particular scene is funny because everyone is so serious during that whole defection part. It was the only time I liked him in that film.
    Koskov was a beacon of unintentional humor in that release

He was in that Richard Gere movie, No Mercy I think it was, with Kim Basinger about the same time of release and played a really nasty character, when I saw it for the first time, I thought 'Is this really Koskov', except it wasn't but you understand

He was in The Fugitive (1993) also with Harrison Ford and did well in that, but Daylights I feel was a lame note for the actor, he would of been ideal in a Moore release in the 1980s, not so in a straight faced Dalton adventure I feel

YES! I loved Krabbe's performance in The Fugitive as Dr. Charles Nichols. "You never give up Richard!" Such a classic.
  • I hope we don't go too much out of topic here. :P
    I think Krabbe's idea for Princess Diana to break a fake bottle on Charles' head during the filming was hilarious. It was all his idea, pretty ballsy.
    Jeroen Krabbe actually appeared in an Italian movie a few years back who's actual translation of title is -

wait for it-

Skyfall !

So maybe Craig was not the first Bond related actor to feature in a Skyfall Title movie then :-?
  • Mamma mia! Seriously? you must be joking. :O
    Did you tweak a word here and a word there? What was the Italian name?