James Bond actors in other movies (Bond only)

Comments

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Dalts had such an interesting career. Classic literature films like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, action films, and silly films like Looney Toons Back in Action.

Just shows what a great actor he is :)
    Sir Rog as the cultural icon Rufus Excalibur Ffolkes in the masterpiece that is 'North Sea Hijack' !!

I think Roger was more badass in this than in any of his bond films.
  • Master_Dahark that was a good clip, well at least the 40 seconds I saw of it. Someone ruined this by adding that sleepy tune from Kill Bill's anime scene, should've left the original audio, not only that but he posted it in slow motion. My trauma from watching TMWTGG is returning.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,778
    George Lazenby played the villan in a cool little aussie film called The Man From Hong Kong where he naturally put on some awesome fight scenes.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,983
    Every now and then The Quest will show up on Netflix-- I have to say, ignoring the beard, Roger looks as good (if not better!) than in AVTAK, over 10 years later!!

I thought the same thing but maybe it was the beard that made him look better.
    I've noticed this as well. It was obvious that Rog had a bit of "work" done prior to AVTAK; and I've heard that he was ill at some point. He actually looks much better in The Quest. The "work" relaxed and he appears healthy. This is not a great movie but not as bad as some say. He can be seen at about the 1:02 mark of the Trailer.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I quite liked Dalton in his small (but he seemed to enjoy it) role in the Johnny Depp Angelina Jolie movie, The Tourist.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited April 2012 Posts: 858
    "The sicilian cross" starring Roger Moore. Thoughy it was 1981. Picked it up on VHS about 5 years ago, haven't seen it anywhere cince...
    I remember seeing it years back but sure Moore was in The Curse Of The Pink Panther with other ex Bond personnel such as David Niven, Joanne Lumley and Burt Kwouk, only saw it the once, but remember Moore getting involved, not one of his finer works if memory serves
    Alias had some cameos by Bond Actors: Roger Moore himself (in a bad guy role), and Izabella Scorupco, among others.
    It's probably been mentioned but not by myself for sure, in that Brosnan was in a quite awful release about the theft of some expensive paintings and they go to Amsterdam, can't remember much else, must have been a year or two before his James Bond debut and from what I saw of it, it was anything but Oscar material. Probably one of the most forgettable movies any Bond actor has ever been involved in. Nightwatch I'm sure it was, it was pretty lame I recall
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It's probably been mentioned but not by myself for sure, in that Brosnan was in a quite awful release about the theft of some expensive paintings and they go to Amsterdam, can't remember much else, must have been a year or two before his James Bond debut and from what I saw of it, it was anything but Oscar material. Probably one of the most forgettable movies any Bond actor has ever been involved in. Nightwatch I'm sure it was, it was pretty lame I recall
    Here you go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113984/
    Yes, that was the one, thought it was released about 1993 though. A 5.1 ranking probably sums up that movie, old Brosnan probably doesn't look back on that with too much pride. There was an awful fight scene with some Mr Olympia type on a Dutch canal barge now I remember, to The Archies 'Sugar Sugar', no need to say anymore. It was all a bit cringeworthy. Brosnan did himself no favors in that release

Goodnight I-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    talos7 wrote:
    Here you go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113984/
    Christ, the cover of the DVD case is enough...
    :-&
    Could we make comments without swearing, please? Thanks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Is saying "Christ" considered swearing? I don't find it to be.
    In addition to Roger Moore in "Shout at the Devil"
    How about his TV role as Beau Maverick in "Maverick"
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    MartinBond wrote:
    "The sicilian cross" starring Roger Moore. Thoughy it was 1981. Picked it up on VHS about 5 years ago, haven't seen it anywhere cince...

Wasn't that made in 1976?

sicilian+cross.jpg

Stacy Keach and a 70's car chase, I want to find a copy of that film. Now.
    MartinBond wrote:

Wasn't that made in 1976?

sicilian+cross.jpg

Stacy Keach and a 70's car chase, I want to find a copy of that film. Now.

I've wanted to see this film for some time, I know it's supposed to be rubbish but I really want it to be good!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459

Is saying "Christ" considered swearing? I don't find it to be.

Yes it is, to many people who are Christians, not just me. I swear a bit in my personal life, but I find using Christ's name like that to be offensive. I am sure no offense was meant, but I also hope that our members will realize some people do find that particular use of Christ's name to be swearing, or offensive. Anyway, I don't want to harp on it, and I am not upset, but I did want to mention that; thanks for letting me explain.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,821
    I would nominate The Deceivers, with Pierce Brosnan in XIXth century India going undercover among the Thugees. This was the movie that showed me that he could play ruthless, which is mandatory for Bond

Note: By the time, I had only seen him in Remington Steele, and haven't seen The Fourth Protocol yet. So I was a bit worried that he wouldn't fit the character of Bond.
    And of course, there's From Hong Kong With Love, with Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell (as M and Moneypenny, respectively), and Clifton James as a loud and bumbling CIA agent.

Here's Bernard Lee and Lois Maxwell's scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_NLY-oYXo

And the gunbarrel from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDuJ8xGWtg

BTW, how do you make a YouTube clip appears on this forum ?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Roger Moore was in a 2002 comedy called "Boat Trip," starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Horatio Sanz. Everyone seems to hate it, but for me, it's one of those "so bad it's good" movies. Moore is hilarious in it, as well, playing a rich homosexual.
  • Roger Moore was in a movie called 'Bed and Breakfast' from the early 1990's

He plays a criminal who washes up on shore with amnesia, from what I remember, and then starts romances with a woman and her daughter.

Without Roger, this would be a shipwreck. As such, he saves it sufficiently.
    Gerard wrote:
    And of course, there's From Hong Kong With Love, with Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell (as M and Moneypenny, respectively), and Clifton James as a loud and bumbling CIA agent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_NLY-oYXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDuJ8xGWtg

I don't know this film; do you recommend it? It sounds funny.
    Sorry I cannot help with YouTube posting advice.
    Gerard wrote:

Just get rid of the [url] and it's automatically there!

[/url]
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pierce was in a neat little film called "Don't Talk To Strangers", can't remember the year but it was around the time Goldeneye was released I think. Very good film, and he was a very good bad guy in it.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,821
    Gemma Arterton was, of course, in the two recent St. Trinian's movies

Here's the first one (which also featured Caterina Murino):

And the second one (with David Tennant):

• edited May 2012 Posts: 4,813
    If you want to see Timothy Dalton act RIDICULOUS then hop onto Netflix and search for 'Hawks'.

I found it late last night so I was too tired to watch very much of it, but in the ten minutes I did watch, I saw Tim make fart noises and tell a nurse that he'd like to lick jam off her nipples (lol I can't make this up)
    From what I gather Tim and a friend are terminally ill patients who sneak out of their hospital for an adventure. Sounds like The Bucket List...

Also the nurse was the same woman from TLD when they shot Pushkin through the pipeline ('What kind of girl do you think I am!')

This movie *might* be a gem.... I'm gonna check out the rest when I get home later!
    Brosnan in The Fourth Protocol, naturaly....Moore in the genius North Sea Hijack...and finally, Louis Maxwell in every episode of Stingray!!!!!!!!!!
    Sean Connery made quite a good western called Shalako, which re-teamed him with Bond girl Honor Blackman.

Timothy Dalton playing a tongue in cheek villain in the black comedy Hot Fuzz always gives me a giggle - and there's a straight to video for rising stars Daniel Craig and Catherine Zeta Jones - The Adventures of young Indiana Jones: Daredevils of the Desert..
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 224
    nm