"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    How have Roma got this far???
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,377

Must have already played their best matches of the season. The look a bit tired, maybe? The result from last week surely didn't help.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    One question for @Jobo - how shit were Barca on the night? These are pretty average at best from what I can see. They've scored 3 against Karius but one was a disgraceful decision from the ref and one a comedy OG.

How on earth did Barca cock it up to that extent!?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Wizard - completely agree, been talking about the same thing to my son.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,704
    One question for @Jobo - how shit were Barca on the night? These are pretty average at best from what I can see. They've scored 3 against Karius but one was a disgraceful decision from the ref and one a comedy OG.

I thought the same Barca must really have been poor in the second leg of quarters.

Must have already played their best matches of the season. The look a bit tired, maybe? The result from last week surely didn't help.

True first match was almost insurmountable to come back from for Roma, Roma are looking dejected now.
    2-2. Roma want to finish properly.

True first match was almost insurmountable to come back from for Roma, Roma are looking dejected now.

Can Roma score 3 to make it interesting?
    Well my 2 - 2 prediction is on, alas there will be more goal me thinks...
    Karius may as well have presented the ball on a plate for Dzeko

This game could be a cricket score

As an isolated fixture, this match have been entertaining. Wouldn't mind some more goals!

As an isolated fixture, this match have been entertaining. Wouldn't mind some more goals!

I think there will be more goals, some of the defending has been haphazard.

Roma looks dangerous now, but all to late.

Roma looks dangerous now, but all to late.

Goal

Roma have had chances
    Oooh, nice one by Nainggolan!
    Roma penalty!
    4-2! (6-7)
    Penalty???
    All done - exciting match!
    I think Real's experience will win them the final I hope lol, it will no doubt be a goal fest.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 9,117
    To be fair it looks like we scraped over the line but 2 joke penalties and a comedy OG gives the score a flattering gloss.

But why can't we just be not as shit at the back?
  • RC7RC7
    Can see Liverpool winning it and simultaneously slipping into 4th in the league.
    To be fair it looks like we scraped over the line but 2 joke penalties and a comedy OG gives the score a flattering gloss.

The very question I ask about Arsenal every week. That one mistake have cost them the chance at a EL final (a tournament no one actually cares about, but still a final). A part of me actually hope the starting eleven have Mavropanos in it. He can't do worse than recent performances with the regulars.

Just spend our entire transfer budget on Oblak and I'll be happy.
    Just spend our entire transfer budget on Oblak and I'll be happy.

Everybody will want him! Isn't Alisson (Roma's keeper) heavily linked with a move to Anfield, too?

Because we have dj lovren and Karius. :(
    001 wrote: »

It's a given Ronaldo will turn up for the final to exploit both of them I am afraid

It's a given Ronaldo will turn up for the final to exploit both of them I am afraid

Maybe Salah will turn up for the final.

Maybe Salah will turn up for the final.

I think the final has 4 - 3 written all over it, I am a Man United supporter so I obviously want Real to win, one thing is for certain the CL Final will be a classic as this year defending has gone awol in the competition.
    Liverpool are never going to beat them with this fragile barebones squad, but most people are probably fed up of Real and their arrogance.

I already answered that question, didn't I, when I said you would "be fine unless you went into a coma for 90 minutes, as Barca did"?
    jobo wrote: »

I already answered that question, didn't I, when I said you would "be fine unless you went into a coma for 90 minutes, as Barca did"?
    Klavan and Karius are perpetually in a coma, hence our narrow escape. If there had been 5 mins of stoppage time instead of 3 we'd be out now.

Butland will be in demand this summer.