Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Star Craft 2 and Left For Dead 2
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Been switching between Uncharted 3(just got my CO-OP Crushing star), and Red Dead Redemption. I'm thinking about replaying LA Noire at the moment.

One thing that really annoyed me about this game
    john dies and we're left stuck as his annoying son

I'd have preferred to have john die then the game ends, and they pull an assassin's creed and just put us back in the open world with no explanation

After playing saints row, I decided to go back and replay GTA IV. Love the story, the characters, everything.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Been switching between Uncharted 3(just got my CO-OP Crushing star), and Red Dead Redemption. I'm thinking about replaying LA Noire at the moment.

One thing that really annoyed me about this game
    john dies and we're left stuck as his annoying son

I'd have preferred to have john die then the game ends, and they pull an assassin's creed and just put us back in the open world with no explanation
    I understand your frustration here, but Rockstar had to keep the game an open world after the conclusion of the game. Jack can be annoying, yes, but I'd rather have him than to not be allowed to explore the beautiful sandbox the game has to offer. There is a ton of fun to be had in it that we'd miss out on, especially if one didn't have their achievements completed to fruition.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'm not sure which but one of these games will be the next I'll play:

Battlefield 3
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
    Mass Effect 3
    Batman: Arkham City

Hopefully I'll start in a couple of weeks when I've some time off and get through at least two of them then.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Battlefield 3
    Mass Effect 3

Hopefully I'll start in a couple of weeks when I've some time off and get through at least two of them then.

Can't go wrong with Drake and Co. and Batman AC has grown immensely on me. Both strong titles, and being Bats is cooler than ever. When you finish Uncharted 3 @Samuel, be sure to share your thoughts on it here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2065/spoiler-warning-uncharted-3-discussion#Item_30
    Just finished Red Dead Redemption. What can I say.., it's a stunning game and I enjoyed every moment of it. I have a few options on which game I will play next:

L.A. Noire
    Batman Arkham City
    SSX

Any recommendations? :D
    Just finished Red Dead Redemption. What can I say.., it's a stunning game and I enjoyed every moment of it. I have a few options on which game I will play next:

L.A. Noire
    Batman Arkham City
    SSX

Any recommendations? :D

I'm replaying LA Noire as we speak! You can't go wrong with Bats though. Great fun there.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 127
    Thanks! It's a tough choice but the price has to decide as I'm on a tight student budget and currently I can get LA Noire for 249 kr (24£) and Batman for 400 kr (37£). So LA Noire it will be!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Thanks! It's a tough choice but the price has to decide as I'm on a tight student budget and currently I can get LA Noire for 249 kr (24£) and Batman for 400 kr (37£). So LA Noire it will be!

Both are very fun games mind. You will have a great time with either of them. I hope LA Noire is to your liking.
    I was sitting around bored today so I decided to start replaying AC 2, just finished the bit when
    ezio races to the trial of his father and brothers, but that fat arsehole uberto doesn't use the evidence ezio gave him to clear their names, and ezio sees his family get hung before escaping arrest by free running

I've mainly been playing revelations so it was cool playing this one, made a nice change, and its cool seeing ezio's origins.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Battlefield 3
    Mass Effect 3

Battlefield 3's campaign is a let down compared to the bad company games but online is good, it actually takes team work to win, and unlike on COD there are no 10 year olds screaming about how they will kill you. Arkham city is great, and uncharted 3 is the 2nd best game I've ever played.
    Both are very fun games mind. You will have a great time with either of them. I hope LA Noire is to your liking.

I'm sure it will be. Have a soft spot for Rockstar games! :)

Played duke nukem forever today. I was in HMV and it was only a tenner so I thought I'd pick it up, as duke nukem on the N64 was the 1st proper video game I ever had (I used to play games down at the arcade but that's different).

Anyway, duke nukem forever, INSANE FUN. Loved it, duke is still a badass and the gameplay was fun and exciting. Also loved some of the references they threw in to other games and films. The graphics could've been better but graphics don't make a game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I finished it. All in all, not bad. It didn't feel as long as AC2 or even AC and it didn't spend enough time in 2012. Ok then, now to buy Revelations.

1. Assassin's Creed
    2. Assassin's Creed 2
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

@thelivingroyale, Duke Nukem 64 was great fun. I never played the original PC game, and the N64 port was the first Duke game I played. They made a second Duke game for the N64 called Duke Nukem: Zero Hour which was also good fun. As for Duke Nukem: Forever, *shakes head* what can I say but... underwhelming.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Duke Nukem 3D: big fan here. Played it for six years on my old PC. Yes, I mean that, I played that game for six years! :-)

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project: little known game, quite a bit of fun.

Duke Nukem Forever: I suppose I'm one of the few people to enjoy it. It's not the hottest thing around, I'll admit, but it does help to lower the stress after a hard day's work. ;-)
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I finished it. All in all, not bad. It didn't feel as long as AC2 or even AC and it didn't spend enough time in 2012. Ok then, now to buy Revelations.

1. Assassin's Creed
    2. Assassin's Creed 2
    3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

@thelivingroyale, Duke Nukem 64 was great fun. I never played the original PC game, and the N64 port was the first Duke game I played. They made a second Duke game for the N64 called Duke Nukem: Zero Hour which was also good fun. As for Duke Nukem: Forever, *shakes head* what can I say but... underwhelming.

I never got zero hour, but I actually liked forever. The graphics aren't great but the gameplay is fun and duke is still duke. I find brotherhood the weakest out of all the AC games. It was fun, the gameplay was good, but it felt like AC 2 continued instead of being AC 2's sequel. Revelations is also short but the story is better, and it moves away from italy and that set of characters.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Recently bought the PS VITA with Fifa Soccer. Great portable device...

97799df46ab911e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

xxx
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    One of the greatest games of all time, without a doubt. It is a Star Wars fan's biggest thrill, playing the epic battles from the movies as your favorite heroes and villains, using your favorite vehicles or weapons at your disposal. You can take over the galaxy with Galactic Conquest, play through the Republic and Empire through a clone's perspective, or jump right into battle instantly!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I finally got around to picking this one up. I'd like to know who come up with the tower defense game, because they should be stood against a wall and shot. Good way to allow me to play your game by constantly interrupting the flow of the story by making me have to return to one of my towers to defend them. I've only currently got one master assasin / one safe tower.
    I will say however, that I laughed during the mission where Ezio has to dress up as an entertainer and sing, one of his songs being about throwing Cesare off the tower & leaving him to gravity, and Lucrezia not having enough lovers to sate her passion / all she needed was more brothers. It's nice to see Altair, even if he only in 6 memories.

I'm far from finishing this one, so I won't post my ranking.

EDIT

Thank you, youtube...

^
    Those were really funny! :))
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    I thought this one was the best...

I am a tactless minstrel,
    I sing off key for coins,
    if you spot me in the street,
    please kick me in the loins.

The should have made than an optional ability for the rest of the game, not just that memory.
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I finally got around to picking this one up. I'd like to know who come up with the tower defense game, because they should be stood against a wall and shot. Good way to allow me to play your game by constantly interrupting the flow of the story by making me have to return to one of my towers to defend them. I've only currently got one master assasin / one safe tower.
    I will say however, that I laughed during the mission where Ezio has to dress up as an entertainer and sing, one of his songs being about throwing Cesare off the tower & leaving him to gravity, and Lucrezia not having enough lovers to sate her passion / all she needed was more brothers. It's nice to see Altair, even if he only in 6 memories.

I'm far from finishing this one, so I won't post my ranking.

EDIT

Thank you, youtube...

Love that mission. Bought back memories of beating up the minstrels with their own instruments whenever they came close in the past 2 games.
    I thought this one was the best...

I am a tactless minstrel,
    I sing off key for coins,
    if you spot me in the street,
    please kick me in the loins.

The should have made than an optional ability for the rest of the game, not just that memory.

I liked the one about lucrezia best.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I recently just sold my XBOX 360, it was consuming my life, but the last game I played on it was GoldenEye 007: Reloaded; love that game! I down-graded, depending on who you are I up-graded, to a Nintendo 3DS. I like it and it isn't as addicting as my 360 was, which is a good thing. The last game I played on it was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I also own Star Fox 64 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Started Uncharted last night. I did half the game (11 chapters) in six and half hours straight. Great fun.

Hopefully I'll finish it over the next day or two and post my thoughts in that thread.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Started Uncharted last night. I did half the game (11 chapters) in six and half hours straight. Great fun.

Hopefully I'll finish it over the next day or two and post my thoughts in that thread.

The first Uncharted??
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Duke Nukem 3D: big fan here. Played it for six years on my old PC. Yes, I mean that, I played that game for six years! :-)

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project: little known game, quite a bit of fun.

Duke Nukem Forever: I suppose I'm one of the few people to enjoy it. It's not the hottest thing around, I'll admit, but it does help to lower the stress after a hard day's work. ;-)

I enjoyed forever too. I finished the campaign today, overall I thought it was really fun. It had its problems but so does everything.
    Yes I played COD online once... Never will again. Same thing with F1 2010... bunch of kids that can't drive in a straight line or brake at the right time... I never start at the front because the first corner is a mess... I just start slowly than just drive through the mayhem and try to pull enough of a lead so no-one will harpoon me by not braking for a corner...

I laughed picturing this. I used to have f1 2010, good game.

I actually just ventured away from GE: Reloaded and bought BF3 last week. I actually enjoyed the single player. I thought the interrogation and flashback story telling was very effective in capturing my attention. The missions themselves were kinda short and easy but the whole experience was a overall good one. Online I hated at first because it was all about teams camping up areas. But I finally went against how I usually play shooters (as in run N gun maniac) and settled down to a more strategic methotical approach and it has payed off and I am really enjoying online. I would recommend BF3.
    Batman Arkham City
    I love it...