Is there anybody who actually DOESN'T like...

1235»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Trust me, I've seen things to waaaaaaay more off topic:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1253/are-there-any-women-here-on-mi6/p1

The most off-topic MI6 thread ever. And I had the pleasure of starting it. Great memories in that one. Lol.
  • There's already an active thread for this which we have all participated in, but wait a moment, this is placing Connery alone in those standings, not necessarily the other five actors, i.e. does he deserve such high rankings, bottom line - Yes, he's without question up there with Dalton as the top two 007's since time began
    It turned into the ranking thing to supplement forgotmyusername's post. Just decided to break his 'law' of 'SC, TD, RM, DC, PB, GL in dat order'. ;)
    More on topic, I don't think anyone here can truly 'dislike' any Bond actor that the series has seen. They all have their good points and have carried the series for the past fifty years to where it is today. Sure, we prefer one or another for various reasons, but none of the actors are as bad as we've made them out to be in our overly-dramatic posts. (Usually concerning Brosnan, in my case...)
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    I think one thing that really boosts Laz is John Barrys melody. Everytime that comes on I get a little lump in my throat. Never underestimate the power of music.

Well said...that score is an indisputable MASTERPIECE! I was at the John Barry Tribute at the Albert Hall a while back and it sent shivers down my spine.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I think one thing that really boosts Laz is John Barrys melody. Everytime that comes on I get a little lump in my throat. Never underestimate the power of music.

Well said...that score is an indisputable MASTERPIECE! I was at the John Barry Tribute at the Albert Hall a while back and it sent shivers down my spine.

I was there too. Teriffic night. Good to see Timothy Dalton come on stage aswell.
    @doubleoego FRWL is Connery's favourite movie.
    http://www.jamesbondwiki.com/page/Sean+Connery
    Trust me, I've seen things to waaaaaaay more off topic:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1253/are-there-any-women-here-on-mi6/p1

The most off-topic MI6 thread ever. And I had the pleasure of starting it. Great memories in that one. Lol.

Hahahaha, that old thread! Good memories indeed!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    no, I have always enjoyed his portrayal.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Laz was ok. He had potential but, let's be honest, wasnt as fun as the others. He had the HUGE advantage of being surrounded by a great film.
    I like Lazenby more than OHMSS itself. OHMSS was a good Bond film for the most part, but could also be dreadfully boring at points. It also didn't explain a few things, such as Campbell. The movie seems to just let you guess who he is, which bothered me a bit. When I first saw OHMSS, I though Campbell was a henchman for SPECTRE for some reason.

I presume you're talking about Gumbold or what ever his name is and the movie clearly explains who he is.

• edited February 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Right-- if they hadn't had that scene with him assisting with the lock picking device first, then it would have been hard to tell if he was good or bad

*edit- assuming I'm referring to the same guy you are
    Connery ain't great in YOLT and DAF but he's still Connery. Which means he rocks it hardocre.
  • Connery was the first Bond and played the role masterfully. However, I will say that the rule of having automatically as the number one Bond gets a bit tiresome (Dalton is my personal Bond)