List of age differences between Bond and lead female

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012 Posts: 1,778
    @Master_Dahark In regards to no one wanting Bond girls in their 50s you're absolutly right. However if the actor playing Bond is well into his 50s they can atleast limit themselves to casting actresses in their early 30s like Bernice Menlohe or Britt Eckland so the relationship doesn't come off so strange. Some of the sexiest Bond girls in the series have either been in their 30s or pushing 30. There's no need to hire actresses just out of college lol.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I do think actresses in their 40's need a part in the Bond films, otherwise we'll only get what we got last time with Moore.
    gt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    EDIT: My formatting is correct in my post, yet on the forum it looks horrible. Any idea why?
    Any length of whitespace is being is being interpreted as a single space character, that's why the formatting of your post doesn't work. Try to use dots or underscores instead of spaces, it will look much better.

Thank you @gt007! It's sorted - you now have dots and underscores!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 1,492
    There may have been a big age gap in FYEO but I have never felt uncomftable watching Moore and Bouquet together, it seemed to work within the story.

No it was good chemistry but not sexual chemistry until the end. Rog is very protective of Melina because she is grieving and screwed up with revenge. He is sort of a father figure to her and as others have said she is mature for her age. But she always seemed very occupied with marine archaeology and her chosen career. And a little bit of a loner.

When his mission finished I suspect they went off to their separate lives without a backward glance.
    This is all very very interesting and enlightening.
    I like most, had no problem with FYEO and am surprised that he was so much older than her. Jane Seymour was much younger too but no problem here because Moore looked so much younger than his 45 years.
    I was surprised at the age difference between Bond and the girl in the Brosnan films. I just never thought about it at the time.

As for Moneypenny, the reason they finally let Lois Maxwell go because it would have been weird seeing a 50+ Moneypenny pinning for Dalton in TLD

Great informative post. thanks for posting the list.
  • Maxwell wanted the entire Moneypenny character taken out of commission in 1985 after her retirement (from James Bond series) but they decided it would stay and Bliss got the part for the Dalton tenure and the character remained, we didn't see much of her either

I wasn't aware Bouquet was as young as she was at the time, I had her down as early to mid 30's at the earliest, she had the greatest age gap for Bond at 30 years it said, but there was some chemistry between actors/characters and I thought it all worked out rather well

Some have said they don't necessarily want young girls in the role anymore, well that is dependant on a persons perspective maybe age related, there will be 20 somethings who want to see 20 somethings (bond girls), 30 somethings who may want 30 somethings etc in that capacity. All I know is I don't want them too young, not too old either, we've seen some different types down the years and different Bonds to go with them that will arouse debate just as it has done here

• edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    JamesC wrote:
    Can you please also do a list for the secondary and third Bond girls (ie Nancy etc). Cheers :)

Along with the villains this is something I was thinking about doing. It may not be done for any time up to a month but I'm promise I'll get around to doing something.
  • It's funny that the youngest and oldest Bond girls starred in back to back films (FRWL/GF). Showing us that Connery's Bond was an equal opportunity playboy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great list. Roger, you dog!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    :D
    It's funny that the youngest and oldest Bond girls starred in back to back films (FRWL/GF). Showing us that Connery's Bond was an equal opportunity playboy.

Exactly, Moore was the same way. I honestly didn't have a problem with Stacy Sutton with 57 year old Moore either. She's an adult, and Bond's a playboy, so he's just going for the best tail in town that's all.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Cara Delevinge is now being rumored for Bond 25.

That would be a 25-year gap, by far the largest in the DC era.

I am not holding my breath that Cara will be cast.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TripAces wrote: »
    Cara Delevinge is now being rumored for Bond 25.

That would be a 25-year gap, by far the largest in the DC era.

I am not holding my breath that Cara will be cast.

That's hilarious.
  • rnicholsrnichols china
    I find it interesting that in FYEO Bond turns down the strong advances of Bibi (Lynn Holly-Johnson) even though she is just two years younger than Bouquet.
    But that point doesn’t come across. Her behavior is completely teenager like while Bouquet acts ( and looks ) completely like an adult.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,575
    Here's a real life massive age difference:
    Mel Gibson and his girlfriend Rosalind Ross.
    He's 62 she's 27.
    Beat that JB :)

mel-804339.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    001 wrote: »
    He's 62 she's 27.

mel-804339.jpg
    They don't look bad together. Mel's still got the goods and she's very attractive. Good for them.

Imho it really doesn't matter about age. That's really just a number and we all age differently. Rather, it's more dependent on physical attributes and condition for the movies.

In real life one should add mental & emotional compatibility and maturity as well.
    Way to go, Mel!
    rnichols wrote: »
    I find it interesting that in FYEO Bond turns down the strong advances of Bibi (Lynn Holly-Johnson) even though she is just two years younger than Bouquet.

Bibi is meant to be much younger though. And she acts much younger too.
    I re-watched YOLT last week, and for the first time felt a bit 'yuk' about Connery necking on the side of the volcano.
    001 wrote: »
    He's 62 she's 27.

mel-804339.jpg

Fair play!