Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This isn't exactly a goodbye, but I will be scaling back my forum activity immensely such that it could seem I've pulled a disappearing act. Sometimes you reach a certain point where you feel you stick around a place for too long and need to get away from it or at least restrain yourself a bit to get a much needed detox.

I've got a big blog project going on currently where I'm running through all the Bond films and doing comprehensive reviews of them. I'll pop in to update the review threads with the finished reviews when I get through them (wrapping up TB at the moment) and I will of course be updating my art and writing thread here with any random sketches or articles I write in the meantime. Outside of that I'll either go cold turkey or just chat in a handful of threads here as I compile my reviews to get other feedback and perspective on the films or to share my updated views. I also chat with a good many here privately, so I'll of course keep present there too as it's behind the curtain and not on the main stage.
    This isn't exactly a goodbye, but I will be scaling back my forum activity immensely such that it could seem I've pulled a disappearing act. Sometimes you reach a certain point where you feel you stick around a place for too long and need to get away from it or at least restrain yourself a bit to get a much needed detox.

I've got a big blog project going on currently where I'm running through all the Bond films and doing comprehensive reviews of them. I'll pop in to update the review threads with the finished reviews when I get through them (wrapping up TB at the moment) and I will of course be updating my art and writing thread here with any random sketches or articles I write in the meantime. Outside of that I'll either go cold turkey or just chat in a handful of threads here as I compile my reviews to get other feedback and perspective on the films or to share my updated views. I also chat with a good many here privately, so I'll of course keep present there too as it's behind the curtain and not on the main stage.

Don't be a stranger Brady...your insights are important to the thread...and if you need me for any reason i'm here...see you SOON !!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    In my book 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 is one of the good guys. Some very
    Sensible and insightful opinions, along with many entertaining posts.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Good luck on your continued blogging, Brady.

I've been thinking of taking a long sabbatical from forum duties myself to focus more earnestly on all of the blog articles I still have to get completed so I can certainly sympathise with you!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to your next reviews, and see you behind the curtain.
    Looking forward to your next reviews, and see you behind the curtain.

The Iron Curtain?
    So long as it's not a motel shower curtain.
    So long as it's not a motel shower curtain.

With a psycho and a knife in wait...
    His curtains. I have my x-ray gogs.
  • Back again

Life is very busy still but very much enjoyable and full of happiness and great times.

Last night, I went to the Odeon double bill screening of The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only in tribute to Sir Roger Moore. I was devastated to hear the news last week of his passing - he was my hero and my icon. As much as I wanted to sign in here and read tributes to the man, I simply couldn't as I felt stupid somehow to be so upset at someone I only met once's passing especially the day after the Manchester attacks. Sir Roger Moore was James Bond to me - I will always love and cherish his 7 movies.

I'm back to enjoy reading all the stories, tributes and memories from all of you to the very best.

Take care

Signed_By_RogerMoore
    Welcome back, SBRM. Will you be staying?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Signed_By_RogerMoore good to see you here @Smithers and my self were only talking about you last night were your ears burning ?
  • Welcome back, SBRM. Will you be staying?

I hope so for a bit!
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    @Signed_By_RogerMoore good to see you here @Smithers and my self were only talking about you last night were your ears burning ?

Haha ears remained at normal temperature! Great to see you still involved in the forum. Hope you're well and life is treating you good
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Welcome back! :)
    Dye another day, ..... I'd just leave it the
    Colour it is !
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited June 2017 Posts: 7,965
    Die another day again revisited then?
    Having a break I recognise I am suffering from stress.
    Take it easy and rest up @fire_and_ice ....stress is a horrible thing to have,i've been there.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Take it easy and rest up @fire_and_ice ....stress is a horrible thing to have,i've been there.

Thankyou mate you are a good man.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fire_and_ice, stress can be a killer, and drain you physically and emotionally. That has essentially been the last six years or so for me, so I know the feeling. Take care of yourself, and get lots of fresh air. That'll set you right.
    And eat right.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm heading to France and Spain tomorrow for ten days' motorcycling in the Pyrenees and Picos mountains; back on the 19th.

I do try to unhook myself from the internet when I'm on holiday but I'll probably check in once or twice...
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'm heading to France and Spain tomorrow for ten days' motorcycling in the Pyrenees and Picos mountains; back on the 19th.

I do try to unhook myself from the internet when I'm on holiday but I'll probably check in once or twice...

Have fun gal...enjoy your,er,'ride'...he he ;)

edited June 2017 Posts: 17,787
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Bring 'FAVTAK' with you and compare notes.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Bring 'FAVTAK' with you and compare notes.

Ooh. I'm taking LALD for the Bondathon, but that is not a bad idea. (I like to read something slightly connected to the area if I can; I'm also taking a Helen MacInnes set in Spain, which was the best I could find in the To Read pile.)

And @barryt007, there will indeed be spirited riding if I have anything to do with it.
    Have a nice trip!
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020