CLOSED

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    No offence taken, my tongue is in my cheek, at all times. We may support different teams but hopefully afterwards we can all drink in the same pub.
    No offence taken, my tongue is in my cheek, at all times. We may support different teams but hopefully afterwards we can all drink in the same pub.

Who do you support?
    Manchester. ( sorry no emojis )
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,053
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    stag wrote: »
    Just further to your point @bondjames, it was recently reported that a former head of MI5 (I'm doing this from memory) went on record as saying Tony Blair's efforts to de-radicalise certain sections of the Muslim community who were deemed vulnerable to such things, has been a complete waste of effort. So, the efforts to de-radicalise by engagement between the authorities, senior Muslims, whomever else, and those at risk of radicalisation has indeed already been tried.

You come across as the person that has to be right about everything - sorry you are coming across as a bit of a ****

Tanaka, for whatever reason you just don't like me. For my part I couldn't care less about you, your opinions of me or my points of view, for the simple reason that you have failed miserably on all fronts when it comes to engaging in serious debate - the latest (deleted) four letter word being a prime example. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't once lowered myself to use foul language in reply to any of your posts?
    I think it's that you don't like being counterpointed on points which I honestly believe you don't fully understand. I have said it before, but really do believe that that you need to get out into that big bad world, once there you'll realise it is populated by many big bad people, people who would eat you for breakfast and throw what's left to the dogs.
    You have demonstrated, not only to me, but everyone reading this thread, how erratic your behaviour can be when it comes to serious discussion. You agree with people who have different points of view, but when questioned about it go off on a tangent, saying you have no need to elaborate, etc, etc.

I'll give you some more free advice - you (and many of your internet generation) need to realise that they should speak to people across the ether as if they were addressing them face to face. I guarantee that you wouldn't swear at me if I was standing in front of you, well you might, but you would only do it once.

So have some respect (I'm not asking you to respect me) for those with whom you are engaged in internet discussions. If you do you will find that you will be received more warmly and that you will be able to validate your points.

You see, I have had the measure of you for quite some time - and I know exactly how you will respond to the above. I hope I am wrong, but I think not.

In the meantime, seeing as you're an 'actor' (is that a euphemism for being on the dole?) you may care to rehearse the lines for your next role - altogether now:

"Would you like fries with that?"
    On a serious note. I have spoken to my sister. She says her friend has had to undergo surgery. She doesn't know any more detail, but she will keep me informed.
    On a serious note. I have spoken to my sister. She says her friend has had to undergo surgery. She doesn't know any more detail, but she will keep me informed.

Certainly brings it home,as it it hasn't already enough.
    Once again,my best wishes to her @stag

Indeed best wishes @stag
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Just further to your point @bondjames, it was recently reported that a former head of MI5 (I'm doing this from memory) went on record as saying Tony Blair's efforts to de-radicalise certain sections of the Muslim community who were deemed vulnerable to such things, has been a complete waste of effort. So, the efforts to de-radicalise by engagement between the authorities, senior Muslims, whomever else, and those at risk of radicalisation has indeed already been tried.

You come across as the person that has to be right about everything - sorry you are coming across as a bit of a ****

Tanaka, for whatever reason you just don't like me. For my part I couldn't care less about you, your opinions of me or my points of view, for the simple reason that you have failed miserably on all fronts when it comes to engaging in serious debate - the latest (deleted) four letter word being a prime example. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't once lowered myself to use foul language in reply to any of your posts?
    I think it's that you don't like being counterpointed on points which I honestly believe you don't fully understand. I have said it before, but really do believe that that you need to get out into that big bad world, once there you'll realise it is populated by many big bad people, people who would eat you for breakfast and throw what's left to the dogs.
    You have demonstrated, not only to me, but everyone reading this thread, how erratic your behaviour can be when it comes to serious discussion. You agree with people who have different points of view, but when questioned about it go off on a tangent, saying you have no need to elaborate, etc, etc.

I'll give you some more free advice - you (and many of your internet generation) need to realise that they should speak to people across the ether as if they were addressing them face to face. I guarantee that you wouldn't swear at me if I was standing in front of you, well you might, but you would only do it once.

So have some respect (I'm not asking you to respect me) for those with whom you are engaged in internet discussions. If you do you will find that you will be received more warmly and that you will be able to validate your points.

You see, I have had the measure of you for quite some time - and I know exactly how you will respond to the above. I hope I am wrong, but I think not.

In the meantime, seeing as you're an 'actor' (is that a euphemism for being on the dole?) you may care to rehearse the lines for your next role - altogether now:

I like you - because you think you're right. And your insults are hilarious - what on earth's that all about with the fries? You're great my friend.

And I'm also a graphic designer - not on the dole - I own an Aston Martin mate.
    Am I the only one who thinks that Amber Rudd looks completely out of her depth?

I like you - because you think you're right. And your insults are hilarious - what on earth's that all about with the fries? You're great my friend.

And I'm also a graphic designer - not on the dole - I own an Aston Martin mate.[/quote]

Wow i'm impressed...what type is it ?
    barryt007 wrote: »

And I'm also a graphic designer - not on the dole - I own an Aston Martin mate.[/quote]

DB9
    barryt007 wrote: »

DB9
    Veeery nice....respect to you @tanaka123 !!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Yet for all we know it's mint in box !
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Yet for all we know it's mint in box !

I like that! That's great!
    22 people blown up and you guys end up squabbling over whose got an Aston....shame
    @bondjames

These are just suggestions. Ideas to be debated and kicked around. Refined. The same goes for yours

Exactly!

Meanwhile I patiently await the results of the search through my posts by another poster who accused my of saying things which I didn't about refugees and the wider Muslim population. I won't hold my breath for an apology though! I wonder what that same poster will make of your own proposals? Banning/limiting places of worship etc?

Let it go already. You look like an idiot.

And tanaka might not think you're unreasonable and insane but I do. You and anyone else calling for the arrest of someone just because they're on a "watchlist".

I cannot believe I just read a comment - from someone who is far too goddamned intelligent to seriously think this way - saying "deport them and their families". You know what that leads to? Everyone you don't like becomes a "suspect." Ever heard of the Salem Witchcraft Trials?

But you keep on keeping on, stag. I really don't care. I'd not have even left this comment if not for you mentioning me.
    So you're ok with BondJames idea then ? Just asking .
    So you're ok with BondJames idea then ? Just asking .

No, I'm not. Unless you also want to reduce the number of Churches so we can more closely monitor the priests since 6% of them molest kids? But that's hardly as mortifying an idea as "let's throw anyone in jail who doesn't fit into our box."
    Just wanted to see if you only had @stag in your angry post.
    Just wanted to see if you only had @stag in your angry post.

Well it's not like bondjames has been rude about his points
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,053
    @bondjames

These are just suggestions. Ideas to be debated and kicked around. Refined. The same goes for yours

Exactly!

Meanwhile I patiently await the results of the search through my posts by another poster who accused my of saying things which I didn't about refugees and the wider Muslim population. I won't hold my breath for an apology though! I wonder what that same poster will make of your own proposals? Banning/limiting places of worship etc?

And tanaka might not think you're unreasonable and insane but I do. You and anyone else calling for the arrest of someone just because they're on a "watchlist".

I cannot believe I just read a comment - from someone who is far too goddamned intelligent to seriously think this way - saying "deport them and their families". You know what that leads to? Everyone you don't like becomes a "suspect." Ever heard of the Salem Witchcraft Trials?

But you keep on keeping on, stag. I really don't care. I'd not have even left this comment if not for you mentioning me.

I have written this slowly as it is obvious to all that you cannot read fast!

Listen to me you fool, if you cannot even grasp who is saying what in this discussion then why don't you take your idiocy somewhere it might be of value. You accuse me of making statements which I haven't made because you are simply too moronic to know otherwise.
    It takes a man to apologise for making false statements, and you really aren't one are you?

Have a word with your care worker, he/she may help you to better understand what people are speaking about, and more importantly who is saying what.

BTW nice attempt at a smokescreen. Unfortunately for you it still doesn't distract from the fact that I haven't said what you said I did, you know that but - like I said, you're not man enough to admit it are you?
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 2,400
    @bondjames

Exactly!

I have written this slowly as it is obvious to all that you cannot read fast!

Listen to me you fool, if you cannot even grasp who is saying what in this discussion then why don't you take your idiocy somewhere it might be of value. You accuse me of making statements which I haven't made because you are simply too moronic to know otherwise.
    It takes a man to apologise for making false statements, and you really aren't one are you?

Have a word with your care worker, he/she may help you to better understand what people are speaking about, and more importantly who is saying what.

BTW nice attempt at a smokescreen. Unfortunately for you it still doesn't distract from the fact that I haven't said what you said I did, you know that but - like I said, you're not man enough to admit it are you?

Wow, for a man who gets so offended by personal attacks (that aren't even personal attacks), you sure love to resort to them. Maybe because you don't have an intelligent way to retort because you're an idiot.

So I mixed up your name with the hundreds of people saying "throw out the refugees" or even "kill all the Muslims". So what? I've read both so many times in the past 24 hours I wondered if I was living the same moment over and over again. Sort of similar to whenever I read one of your comments.
    So you're happy to persecute an innocent person when it suits you ?

" So I mixed up your name with the hundreds of people saying "throw out the refugees" or even "kill all the Muslims". So what? I've read both so many times in the past 24 hours "

Because you didn't read it here, there aren't hundreds on here discussing it .

I think you've just lost all credibility, your argument is obviously on another forum.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 2,400
    So you're happy to persecute an innocent person when it suits you ?

" So I mixed up your name with the hundreds of people saying "throw out the refugees" or even "kill all the Muslims". So what? I've read both so many times in the past 24 hours "

Because you didn't read it here, there aren't hundreds on here discussing it .

I think you've just lost all credibility, your argument is obviously on another forum.

Persecute? You're joking, right? Oh no, he got called a name or two! Totally equal to being tossed in prison for life or shot!

And as for reading it here or not, I've been reading it EVERYWHERE. This isn't the only website or channel in the world. At this point everything is blurred together.
    Persecution begins small .... Doesn't it ? Is not all persecution wrong ? Or only what you decide ?
    Also, who's being rude now ? Being polite seemed so important to you not long ago.
    Persecution begins small .... Doesn't it ? Is not all persecution wrong ? Or only what you decide ?
    Also, who's being rude now ? Being polite seemed so important to you not long ago.

What do you want from me? My personal assurance that I'm not going to have stag thrown in jail or assassinated? Is that what you're expecting? Well fine!
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,384
    You could try " Sorry" ..... By the way it's considered bad form to threaten assassination .
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just in order to take this back to a less combative place, I'd like to compliment @tanaka123 on his excellent taste in cars.
    Any tempation or desire I had to apologize to him went out the window with how he treated tanaka. I'll pass.
This discussion has been closed.