Opening title sequence in "For Your Eyes Only"

SteveINCSteveINC Planet Earth
in Bond Movies Posts: 3
Hi Everyone -

We had a quick question: regarding the 1981 James Bond film "For Your Eyes Only" - my colleagues and I are having a debate over which james Bond girl's silouette appears in the opening titles - link enclosed below (We know that Sheena Easton is the one singing) - but at the 0:54 second mark a tall slender female sliouette appears twirling around, then joined by another figure (could be maybe a duplicate layer of the same model). Does anyone have any idea which bond girl it is? Did Maurice Binder use any of the well known "background girls" i.e. the ones we would see in a movie scene at, say a pool, but had non-speaking parts. Or did he just Mr. Binder hire out other models whose names were not mentioned. Thanks in advance -steve

Comments

• edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    No idea the only Bond Girl I can think of that appears in the titles of another film is Mary Stavin, she was in OP Titles (had a small role in OP also) and played Kimberley Jones in AVTAK.
  • SteveINCSteveINC Planet Earth
    No idea the only Bond Girl I can think of that appears in the titles of another film is Mary Stavin, she was in OP Titles (had a small role in OP also) and played Kimberley Jones in AVTAK.
    Thanks -- I have a hunch this may be a difficult mystery to solve. I've even found an article about Maurice Binder's opening sequences for the Bond movies, but there was no mention of names other than naming Sheena Easton who sung the opening theme.

From a creative stand point adding silhouettes of other Bond girl's covertly in title sequences is a good idea.
  • SteveINCSteveINC Planet Earth
    From a creative stand point adding silhouettes of other Bond girl's covertly in title sequences is a good idea.

Yes - it would set the 'gestault' of the beauty factor in the bond women.