The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    You're on the right lines with the three actors, it's just the connection / theme you need.
    A cryptic clue, then.

Daniel Craig has also campaigned to be in this group.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did they crossdress?
    I'll give you that one, @Thunderfinger. All the films involve former Bonds being made more feminine in some way.

Connery dresses up as a bride in Zardoz. Moore was a pantomime dame in The Play What I Wrote. Dalton's character in Hot Fuzz has the nickname "Aunt Sissy". And Craig did a promotional piece for women's equality in Hollywood where he was also cross-dressing.
    OK.

What change in Bond s appearance did Connery suggest before filming NSNA? It didn t happen.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Throwing away his toupee at the end ?
    The facial scar from Fleming?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 45,489
    @Thunderpussy is not entirely correct, but on the right track.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    To have him be partially balding?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Have him throw Kim away at the end of the film ?
    A beard ?
    @jake24, @barryt007, you both have it.

Before shooting NSNA, Connery wanted Bond to be bald and sport a mustache, maybe even a beard.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Feel free to take this one, @barryt007. I've got nothing at the moment.
    I havent time at the moment tbh so the floor is open for any member to have a crack at it .
    I have one. In how many Bond films is the Heineken brand visible?
    4? I believe I'm wrong.
    No, seven. Kinda fitting, no ? In order, TND, TWINE, DAD, CR '06, QOS, SF and SP.

jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/heineken for details.
    @Gerard is correct.
    All right, here's mine. I'm not sure I haven't posted it before, but here goes :

What links YOLT, TSWLM and TND ? Clue : it has something to do with Bond's initials, but not the most obvious ones.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 5,869
    Nothing ? Okay : on those three occasions, it happens in a place which has a direct link to that link. And one of these places is technically foreign ground.
    Nope. Another clue : IIRC, these are the only times it happened. Oh, and it might have been also the only times where Bond wore something that has a link to another set of initials. But it would take an expert to see if that's true.
    Bond wearing his Navy Commander's uniform?
    Indeed, Tokoloshe. The field is now yours. After I give the explanation for the clues :

Set of initials : well, the first set is of course RNVR (Royal Navy Voluntary Reserve)

The three times he wore it, Bond was on or in a military building or ship. In YOLT a submarine, in TSWLM a submarine base, and in TND an American ship.

And three, he might have worn his CMG ribbon among his decorations on those occasions, but I wouldn't know what said ribbon would look like. So can a former british serviceman confirm that, please ?

ETA : No need to. Done a Googlewalk and found out this :

yolt.jpg

And this :

tswlm-1.jpg

And this :

tnd.jpg

So Bond wore his CMG ribbon only once. Which will certainly add fuel to the codename theory. Damn the costume department !
    So Bond got stripped of most medals at some point between 1967 and 1977, and then had to earn them back. Could it be the "Good night, Sir!" at the end of TMWTGG?
    New question:

In which film do we see something coloured green and yellow, and something coloured red and white, in the same scene?
    TB ? The Junkanoo ?
    Not the Junkanoo.
    Aah is it the mardi-gras festival or whatever it is ,in MR ,with Jaws dressed up as a clown >?
    It's not that either, I'm afraid.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Octopussy? During the backgammon scene? Although, it's more green and gold than green and yellow.