The Official "Having a Good Day" Thread

edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 39
Given the circumstances I thought a bit of good cheer might be in order. I recognize that the transition may be a bit rocky at first, but the MI6 community is ultimately about the people who contribute here. We make the forums, folks! ;-)

I think it is important for our community that as many traditions as possible come back. In light of this, if nobody has any objections I am resurrecting the old "Having a Good Day" thread. If there's anything anybody wants to share along those lines, this is the place to do it.

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm having a good day as we finally have a fresh and interesting community!
  • In spite of the frustrations I know most of us are feeling, these are exciting times!

Brave new world here after all... I don't know what the admins have to work with in this format, but here's hoping there will be lots of opportunity for growth!
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I haven't gone to bed yet. Good day (so far).
    Thanks to the emails notifying me of the new sites, I got out of bed 6 am :P The idea was to sleep until mid-day.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    Still waiting to see @BAIN123 and @FieldsMan arrive to this new forum. Or have they already?
    Apparently not as your tags don't link to existing profiles. Maybe with different usernames
  • Well, here's hoping the do make it over!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sadly @FieldsMan is not sticking around however @BAIN123 is! It seems as if we'll lose some members along the way.

But so far, a good day of new and exciting discovery.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well I've had a wonderful day. Just returned home from seeing my all time favourite comedian, Billy Connolly.
    I've wanted to see him live forever, and when he had Perth on his Australian tour schedule I had to get tickets. We got my dad a ticket to for his Christmas present so we went along tonight to see a comedy genius.
    Wasn't disappointed. Great night, great laughs. One to remember.
  • Had a bad day yesterday (was turned around by the end though, mainly due to the words of you guys)

But today has an entirely 'good' feel to it......

My almost one year old son waved me off this morning, while saying "Ba, ba, Dadda" felt a lump in the throat as I walked away from his smiling face.....

Collected plane/park tickets for Disney Florida from the PO...... Only a week and some change to go!!!

Starting re reading "Colonel Sun" while waiting for the train.... got so into it didn't even care about the delay notice....

The 'April Fool' EON announcement thread made me laugh.....

Unleashed a killer cutdown on the fool who'd annoyed me yesterday.... much to the amusement of those present....

Got a pub lunch with old friends today (much Bond will be discussed!)

Despite the clouds, for me it's a shiny day.....
    hell yeah \m/
  • Today I have run the furthest I have ever ran. 10.2 miles, with an awesome pace to match B-)
  • Days been pretty decent, broke up from school for the easter holidays, had a great day with friends etc. :')
    I had a good day yesterday - cycled up to Palmers Green and got five Bond books in the junk shops up there, including a 1964 Fleming hardback. Came home with sunburn, a headache and a pain in my ankle (I'm recovering from a badly broken leg), and my Mrs made me a cuppa which was the best ever.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Took the girl to Bruges yesterday. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruges) Since we had a very sunny and warm day, and since love was in the air, it was great. A man in love is worth two, I'd say. ;;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We could use another of these.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    We could use another of these.

Seconded. I've never seen this thread before, but then I only joined the community in late 2012. Let's continue this thread and hopefully spread some New Year cheer! :)
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    I received very good news today and it makes me super happy.
    On such a day I can only celebrate it in one way.
    Watch one of Sir Roger's great Bond films!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As I was waiting for the bus to work today at 5. 30, a long haired, unkempt and wild-eyed guy came cycling, abruptly stopping in front of me.

He introduced himself as DJ Overload, talked about a congress in Helsinki he wanted to attend next month where NASA would be present with some machine of theirs, and how the best way to draw was underwater in bright light.

It was all very interesting.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    As I was waiting for the bus to work today at 5. 30, a long haired, unkempt and wild-eyed guy came cycling, abruptly stopping in front of me.

He introduced himself as DJ Overload, talked about a congress in Helsinki he wanted to attend next month where NASA would be present with some machine of theirs, and how the best way to draw was underwater in bright light.

It was all very interesting.

Certainly more interesting than my day, @Thunderfinger!