What do you want to see in Skyfall?

Comments

• BOnd and Bardem in physical battle to the end........maybe the YOLT like ending....
  • first of, i want the gunbarrel sequence to return as the movie's opening (before the credit sequence not after like CR) second, i want a very cool plot and movie sequence like a mix between CR and FRWL, third, i agree with the Stephen Saunders type of villain, i saw 24 season 3, beautiful and sexy bond girls like vesper or solange from CR, or elektra and christmas from TWINE, so far Berenice Malowe or whatever is te hottest bond girl in Skyfall and the only beautiful one, the aston martin HAS to be present at least te DB5 like CR, and last but not least, i don't want this to be Judi Dench's last Bond film.
  • I'd like to see action scenes with clever or innovative touches, or which have Bond being clever or resourceful, not just shooting people and beating them up. Some past examples:

GF: Bond reacts to the henchman sneaking up behind him when he spots his reflection in the eye of the girl he is kissing.

LALD: Bond escapes from the alligators by jumping across their backs to get to land.

GE: Bond gets past the soldiers to escape from the plant by pushing a cart of gas tanks in front of him so they can't shoot at him.

I'm not saying it should be silly like some of Moore's films, but make the film less dark and serious than QOS.

A memorable villain.

Maybe bring back some gadgets.

Play more of the Bond theme music. CR didn't play it until closing credits, and QOS barely played it at all.

Bring back the rolling eye in the film's opening. I miss that.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    royale65 wrote:
    Yessup wrote:
    I want Bond to be diffrent from guys like Jason Bourne.

This will infuriate a few members... :))

Not me :-)

I like the realism, but he doesn't have to be a drone killer. Craig's Bond isn't the mix between realistic and fictional Bond many people make him out to be. Hes just a 'jump first, think later' muscle of a spy. Not Bond. They could blend it a little better. Just DO THE BOOK BOND. It can't be that hard.

Don't photocopy Bourne. If anyone, photocopy Hunt! Those movies are at least fun!

How the hell isn't Craig's Bond some of the novel Bond? Both are cold, ruthless, and enjoy the female form. Both bleed when hurt, feel physical and emotional pain, and have a knack for survival and always being the victor. I can hear the retorts now. "But Bond would never brake into M's flat!", "Bond would never storm an embassy and threaten international relations!", "Bond would never hesitate to sleep with Vesper!", and a blady blah blah. First off, what people seem not to understand is that Craig's Bond is not the BOND we have come to know. He is a rookie, rising up through the ranks to be the man we know. Yes, he makes mistakes, of course. Him breaking into M's flat, and storming the embassy are big mistakes, but mistakes he will form into lessons not to do again. Like I said, he has a long way to go before he becomes the James Bond we see in the Connery Bond films, who is and always will be, the quintessential James Bond.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    First off, what people seem not to understand is that Craig's Bond is not the BOND we have come to know.

You can shout this till you're blue in the face, people don't care. A lot of people believe the man came out of the womb in a white tuxedo and succeeded in seducing the first nurse he saw (believe it or not, someone did describe this to me as their picture of Bond being born).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    First off, what people seem not to understand is that Craig's Bond is not the BOND we have come to know.

You can shout this till you're blue in the face, people don't care. A lot of people believe the man came out of the womb in a white tuxedo and succeeded in seducing the first nurse he saw (believe it or not, someone did describe this to me as their picture of Bond being born).

People don't care because humans are naturally ignorant to things they do not/think they do not like. Since finding common sense is so few and far between, this is no surprise to me, but one hopes that it will click into people's heads someday.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 5,745
    People don't care because humans are naturally ignorant to things they do not/think they do not like. Since finding common sense is so few and far between, this is no surprise to me, but one hopes that it will click into people's heads someday.

CALM DOWN. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE CRAIG OR HIS MOVIES.

Now that thats out of the way, I just said he's not so strict to the book. The book Bond was FAR more investigative,meaning snooping, actually SPYING, not beating the living poop out of people everywhere he went. Yes Craig is as close as we've gotten to book Bond, but a hybrid of him and Connery is what we need.

I'd say my fav Craig moment is when he goes to Austria in QoS, snoops, gets an earpiece, listens in, reveals himself as only Bond would do, and then kicks ass. THAT is book Bond. Not the Haiti/Mitchell/Embassy/Airport scenes.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

CALM DOWN. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE CRAIG OR HIS MOVIES.

Now that thats out of the way, I just said he's not so strict to the book. The book Bond was FAR more investigative,meaning snooping, actually SPYING, not beating the living poop out of people everywhere he went. Yes Craig is as close as we've gotten to book Bond, but a hybrid of him and Connery is what we need.

I'd say my fav Craig moment is when he goes to Austria in QoS, snoops, gets an earpiece, listens in, reveals himself as only Bond would do, and then kicks ass. THAT is book Bond. Not the Haiti/Mitchell/Embassy/Airport scenes.

Like I've said over and over, Craig's Bond does those things(those mistakes) you mentioned, because he hasn't grown into the MI6 operative we all know and love. And I am calm, I am just sick of people prodding Craig's Bond solely because they think he doesn't fit the book Bond. Be creative, and think of other reasons besides that and the color of the man's hair. Sheesh...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Like I've said over and over, Craig's Bond does those things(those mistakes) you mentioned, because he hasn't grown into the MI6 operative we all know and love. And I am calm, I am just sick of people prodding Craig's Bond solely because they think he doesn't fit the book Bond. Be creative, and think of other reasons besides that and the color of the man's hair. Sheesh...

Would you agree that the Austria scene is a mature Craig-Bond emerging?
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Would you agree that the Austria scene is a mature Craig-Bond emerging?

Of course. Moments like that show us that Bond is actually transforming into a better agent. And that moment is brilliant, showing Bond one-uping Quantum. I love the scene itself, and the clever meeting place of Quantum as its members are amongst the spectators of TOSCA. I also think the climax and ending of CR is where we see a change in Bond. He cares for women because of Vesper, and opens his heart to trust. Though this is short lived, we see Bond changing emotionally. Then in QoS we see him deal with that hurt in a mature manner, and he holds himself off from killing Yusef at the end of the film. I think that too shows how much Bond changed from CR to QoS. The beginning CR Bond may well have killed Yusef, but the maturing Bond held off, knowing Vesper wouldn't want it. The scene in the hotel where Bond sees Fields dead also hits home as a great scene. Bond sees that she is dead partly because he got her involved, and he slowly learns that just because he can sleep with a woman, there is a time and place for it, and it wasn't the time or the place. These moments are proof that Craig's Bond isn't just some muscular unintelligible cardboard cutout, but a very calculating, and developing agent who will rise to be the man we know as James Bond in his truest form.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,856
    I love the scene itself, and the clever meeting place of Quantum as its members are amongst the spectators of TOSA.

it's Tosca. Tosa just sounds rude
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Back to the topic, I want to see an actual sky falling in the credits. On top of the singer(s), if it's as bad as the most recent song.
    Virage wrote:
    I love the scene itself, and the clever meeting place of Quantum as its members are amongst the spectators of TOSA.

it's Tosca. Tosa just sounds rude

Minor spelling error. It's fixed. No need to set loose the dogs.
    Before Daniel Craig James bonds always had the coolest gadgets. what happend to them? And Bond use to be a very Charming guy...like saying cool whitty stuff. another thing I would like is to have a action scene in his car, james bond always had the best cars.
    I like the new Bond type of film, the ones with daniel craig, its good action films. But he is not a James Bond to me. he's to different, to serious. Bond was fun, charming, he had a certain vibe to him. wheres his cool gadgets and amazing cars, and the girlS. he didnt love one girl...he loved them all. I know that they're making it more realistic. but the Bond movies never where about realism, it was fictional, he was almost like a superhero. he could get away with anything. And i think thats why a lot of us like Bond.
    I read some comments and sum are saying that craig bond is a diffrent type of bond....Why change?? We loved the old Bonds?? if u want a serious agent who's blond and only loves one girl and isnt charming...do it. but dont make it a bond film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

The Tosca scene where Bond listens in on the Quantum conversation was excellent. Craig oozed Bond in that scene... But it went down the drain when a few seconds later Craig had to pound on someone... like it was too long since the last fight scene and Craig was loosing his physical strenght... give me a break... I hope in Skyfall that Craig will ooze physical presence and deadly strenght by sheer magnetic presence, not by his body count.
  • You know what I'd like to see? The title song actually being called "Skyfall". I can understand why it didn't work with CR or QoS (those names would make horrible song titles) but there's no excuse this time.
  • A whole lotta things----
    A 2hr. running time, gunbarrel opening, Shirley Bassey with a kick ass song, Moneypenny, Q, Aston car chase, one liner quips, Daniel Kleinman titles,
    "James Bond Will Return", and.............Ernst Starvo Blofeld.
    Luna006 wrote:
    I read some comments and sum are saying that craig bond is a diffrent type of bond....Why change?? We loved the old Bonds?? if u want a serious agent who's blond and only loves one girl and isnt charming...do it. but dont make it a bond film.
    No need to post several times in mere minutes again and again. You CAN edit your past posts to add thoughts.
  • I think maybe the newbies are allowed some room for error though, we were all beginners here at one time or another
    ...the beautiful "Severine"...get it on with 007.....
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Luna006 wrote:
    No need to post several times in mere minutes again and again. You CAN edit your past posts to add thoughts.

Yes, we can edit but you know I still cannot delete a post when I accidentally post twice. And I do not know how that happens! Every once in a while I post the same message twice - and then I want to just delete one and cannot. I feel like an idiot and I am not trying to make too many messages. We all need a break and help with things like that. Thank you.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Luna006 wrote:

Yes, we can edit but you know I still cannot delete a post when I accidentally post twice. And I do not know how that happens! Every once in a while I post the same message twice - and then I want to just delete one and cannot. I feel like an idiot and I am not trying to make too many messages. We all need a break and help with things like that. Thank you.

If you happen to only click 'Post Comment' once and your post appears twice, the second message will have a post count of '0'. Just click the 'Discussions' or 'Home' tab, come back to thread and the second message will have magically disappeared!
    Right now a few more pictures would be nice?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I think craig should be more like the bond we know in skyfall though, because there's really no excuse. You can't say he's still just "making mistakes, he's a rookie", in skyfall. We got told craig had become the bond we all know at the end of CR, look how that turned out. QOS can pass because its basically CR 2 anyway, but for skyfall things definetly need to be more like bond.
    I want to see at least one scene that has nothing to do with the mission. I mean some of the banality present in Fleming's novels, like the golf match, the gipsy camp or even gambling but not for beating a villain, only for fun sake.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1
    What would I like to see? Hmmmmm......., well how about:

Gunbarrel opening - definitive Bond opener. Had to wait to the very end of QoS for it.

Miss Moneypenny to return complete with the innuendo banter.

The GB flag flying somewhere - after all, he is a British Secret Agent.

More one-line quips after Bond kills a henchman or villain.

A scene where there is a mock-assassination of Bond like in YOLT.

Bond saying: "Shaken, not stirred!" as well as "Bond, James Bond" - both missing from QoS.

A cameo by either Connery or Moore - Dalton and Brosnan might be too soon.

Walther PPK - don't think it was featured in the re-boot yet (though I could be wrong).

Naval Uniform - just to re-affirm the fact that he is Commander Bond of the Royal Navy.

Bond getting his arse kicked by a female villain for a change - again, not yet featured in the re-boot. Remember Pussy Galore, Bambi/Thumper, Onatopp, May-Day, etc?

Adele singing the theme song - composed by David Arnold. In fact, continue with Arnold in the role of main composer/arranger etc.

Bond as the wine connaisseur once again - Bollinger, etc.

Finally, I'd like to see myself as one of the extras in the background - well, we can all wish can't we?

Well, that's all I can think of so far - will keep my thinking cap on and try to come up with more. Thanks.
    Luna006 wrote:

Yeah, David Blaine is the cause of that. For cereal! :D
  • PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    Ok, perhaps not in Skyfall, but I would love to see Paris Carver return (as these films are set before the rest). I think it would be quite interesting to see what happened before she was introduced in Tomorrow Never Dies. (although she would have to be played by Teri Hatcher again, I couldn't stand another actress playing her) Also, perhaps Valentin Zsukovski, another very interesting character