Question re: IMDb trivia on DIE ANOTHER DAY

According to the IMDb trivia section for DIE ANOTHER DAY:

"The final showdown between Bond and Graves originally took place in an indoor beach resort in Japan. Lee Tamahori changed it to a plane."

Does anyone know where this information originates? Was it taken from one of the DVD featurettes?

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I heard that the ending to DAF originally had Bond fight Blofeld in a tar pit, so it wouldn't be the first time they've changed endings.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I recall reading somewhere that Peter Lamont indeed once scouted the Seagaia Ocean Dome as a potential location for the climax.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagaia_Ocean_Dome
    Thanks, Jake. Maybe it's in Some Kind of Hero by Field & Chowdhury? I'll have to dig out my copy of that book.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Thanks, Jake. Maybe it's in Some Kind of Hero by Field & Chowdhury? I'll have to dig out my copy of that book.
    I think that's exactly where I heard it from. That book is a definite buy for me.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    That book has references where the authors got there sources from.