If you wanted a Bond villain on your side, who would it be?

2»

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oddjob. What an ice breaker at parties he would be. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Naomi!!!!!!!!!! I'd spend all the time in the world with her. ;)
    Baron Sanded (sic)
  • I'd like Fiona Volpe on one side and Electra King on the other if it were possible as a second choice, have like a threesome scenario, that would be just fine, obviously Bach or Seymour would of been better but they were never bad Bond girls, so I simply picked the best of the 'rotten fruit' and was quite pleased with my choices
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    This lady:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-18hEmjE-mog/TeL-tWasvAI/AAAAAAAAAUA/7thPyZhiWzs/s1600/1964+Goldfinger+25.png

Mod edit: That was a copyright image, so it's been changed to a link.

What did I say about messing with the Swiss Gatekeeper!?

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Kerim wrote:
    This lady:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-18hEmjE-mog/TeL-tWasvAI/AAAAAAAAAUA/7thPyZhiWzs/s1600/1964+Goldfinger+25.png

Mod edit: That was a copyright image, so it's been changed to a link.

What did I say about messing with the Swiss Gatekeeper!?

Best post of the month.
  • Brad Whitaker - For this Peter Pan toy loving side (i like toys) & also to see more of his grand house. Underated character & lair indeed. He has a way of treating friends by buying them expensive gifts so he may be greedy but not to his close friends. Or is he?

The view across & swimming pool complete with a few Bond babes. Whats not to like about this guys style of living.

All those girls can't all be for Koskov's fun seriously? If wonder if Necros had fun with the girls too?!

• I say Oddjob or Red Grant. Cool villians and two guys who gave 007 a run for his money.
    I prefer Xenia Onatop too. She's the best girl/villain :) during Brosnan era as 007.
    Fiona Volpe... *cough* and Pussy Galore *cough* for , you know , to do my bidding.
    (and me to do their bidding. Grrrawwwllll!)
    Kronsteen, so I could finally beat someone in a game of chess.

...On the other hand, I would rather be a bad chess player if I could have Fiona Volpe on my side.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 3,169
    Fiona Volpe for looks and Kananga for laughs!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Gustav Graves

A) The diamonds can finance all my wildest dreams.
    B) He could pleasure me with Miranda's company.
    C) I wouldn't mind a face change - I was thinking about 34 year old Sean Connery or 42 year old Roger Moore. ;-)
    D) Again, he could pleasure me with Miranda's company.

Great thread! :)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Uncle Ernst

Because he's the biggest and best (or worst, depending on your viewpoint), obviously...
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    Jaws as my bodyguard. Nobody would give me crap.
    Xenia Onatopp:- i cant explain my reasons here....as i will probably be sent to prison! :))
  • Sanchez, as unless you double cross him, he'll look after you and pay you well!
  • Sanchez because of his special employee loyalty VIP program!
  • AliAli
    Mr. Kil. The other guys would be reeling around so much in laughter at him, I could happily achieve world domination without them noticing.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Elektra because just look at her :x

And I'd have Necros. Next time I'm stuck in a queue or in traffic I'll just get Necros to lob some explosive milk bottles to clear the way.

Wouldn't mind having Blofeld too just to get money of him. Despite his plans being thwarted repeatedly he still manages to find the cash to fund secret bases, elaborate deathtraps, etc, so he must be loaded. (although he was slowly moving down in the world, he went from volcanoe lair to mountain top lair to an oil rig).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Drax might be a good choice too. Unlimited procreation with 'perfect' females while floating weightlessly in space? *drool* Count me in. ;-)
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    definitely Red Grant, hmm he was so sexy , tis a shame Robert Shaw has aged so much
  • Shaw has been deceased since 1978 ?

I can't call Grant, er 'sexy' from my perspective, but as for a Bond villain 'ally' that would be one name hard to turn down. The character radiated menace in Russia, and would be one of the first names I would include

Once again, have to choose Fiona Volpe, I'd like her on my side, or any position, come to think of it, would be ideal. Lonsdale's Drax also, as mentioned, just because he's such a great character, and had lines of dialog that had to be heard, to be believed. He was immense
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    I have a Greene obsession haha, him or Le Chiffre. Then again I'm not very versed in the older films.

Let's face it though they'd pretty much all be just waiting to stab you in the back anyway! xD
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hoppimike wrote:
    I have a Greene obsession haha, him or Le Chiffre. Then again I'm not very versed in the older films.

Let's face it though they'd pretty much all be just waiting to stab you in the back anyway! xD

Not really. The old Bond villains were very much gentlemen who just happened to be bad, and Sanchez is all about loyalty and respect. Probably why I love most of the 60s villains and Sanchez so much.

It's a hell of a thing when your main adversary gives you a 5 star dinner, invites you to their home/ranch, plays 18 holes with you or gives you a last wish before they kill you (or try to). Now that, is a great villain. I miss that gentlemanly aspect Bond villains used to have, though there are still glimpses of it at more present times.

Not really. The old Bond villains were very much gentlemen who just happened to be bad, and Sanchez is all about loyalty and respect. Probably why I love most of the 60s villains and Sanchez so much.

It's a hell of a thing when your main adversary gives you a 5 star dinner, invites you to their home/ranch, plays 18 holes with you or gives you a last wish before they kill you (or try to). Now that, is a great villain. I miss that gentlemanly aspect Bond villains used to have, though there are still glimpses of it at more present times.

Hm, I suppose so. It's true that neither Le Chiffre or Greene took the time to do that although with both of them there was still some form of "gentleman-ly" build-up. With Le Chiffre it was the poker game and with Greene it was the fundraiser.

I guess it's good to mix it up, and I find Bond usually feels fresh so I think it helps :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    hoppimike wrote:

Hm, I suppose so. It's true that neither Le Chiffre or Greene took the time to do that although with both of them there was still some form of "gentleman-ly" build-up. With Le Chiffre it was the poker game and with Greene it was the fundraiser.

I guess it's good to mix it up, and I find Bond usually feels fresh so I think it helps :)

You are spot on about both Le Chiffre and Greene, partly why I love CR and QoS as much as I do. Like I said, you get tastes of that old Bond feel of gentlemanly villains to this day.
    You are spot on about both Le Chiffre and Greene, partly why I love CR and QoS as much as I do. Like I said, you get tastes of that old Bond feel of gentlemanly villains to this day.

Yah, and they still maintain that act right until they attempt to kill him!

As much as I dislike Skyfall, I thought that some moments involving Silva continued this same tradition very well :)
    hoppimike wrote:

Yah, and they still maintain that act right until they attempt to kill him!

As much as I dislike Skyfall, I thought that some moments involving Silva continued this same tradition very well :)

Yes.

Silva: "I have you right where I want you, but please, come enjoy my island." :)

Silva is so gentlemanly he will only try to kill Bond at his own home. Oh, how nice of him. :))