Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Bill Nighy
  • Tim Dalton
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,261
    Jeremy Irons
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    THIS guy would make great villain. Apart from his smalls hands. And his short fingers...
    giphy.gif
    That's funny. I missed the Sanders bit on the first watch.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Steve Carell could make an awesome Bond villain.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    As this thread has resurfaced I have tidied up the title so it makes more sense.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Tom hanks.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gary Oldman
    Tom Hardy
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Vincent Cassel
    Lars Mikkelsen
    Mark Rylance
    Ian McDiarmid
    Peter Capaldi
    Toby Jones
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I actually liked the idea of Helen Mirren doing a bond villain, even before she said she would love to do it. She could fill the void that Judi Dench left behind, at least for one Movie, and they could play around a bit more with the Mommy issues theme that M and Bond established in the last couple movies, just make it go the opposite way and a bit darker
    Anyone noticed that since the beginning of the Craig era the main villains were not Anglo Saxons? So if they continue this way it is highly unlikely that they will cast a British actor for a main villain (not that I mind, I'm sick and tired of British actors as villains).
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Peter Dinklage as a master mind villain and Gina Carano as the muscle henchmen that can fight Bond and, of course, Bond would probably end up sleeping with her at some point.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Vincent Cassel
    Lars Mikkelsen
    Mark Rylance
    Ian McDiarmid
    Peter Capaldi
    Toby Jones

Some interesting sugestions, @Wizard! Lars Mikkelsen (the brother of Mads/Le Chiffre") would be a good choice, as would Mark Rylance. Or Mark Strong (but would be a too obvious choice as a bad guy). Ulrich Matthes (who was the first choice for Le Chiffre until he had to drop out due to his theatre committment in Germany). 25 years earlier I would have suggested Jürgen Prochnow, but now he is a tad too old. Tim Roth. Yes, Helen Mirren. Bruno Ganz. Tom Hardy. Gary Oldman.
    and Gina Carano as the muscle henchmen that can fight Bond

I've been wanting to see this ever since Haywire.
    Benecio Del Toro - I think they should have him again, not playing Dario, but this time the main villain - he was great in Sicario.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Anyone noticed that since the beginning of the Craig era the main villains were not Anglo Saxons? So if they continue this way it is highly unlikely that they will cast a British actor for a main villain (not that I mind, I'm sick and tired of British actors as villains).

This is characteristic of most the Bond novels and films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm sure this was suggested before for B24, but Simon Russell Beale would be a perfect Stromberg like villain imho.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Benecio Del Toro - I think they should have him again, not playing Dario, but this time the main villain - he was great in Sicario.

Saw Sicario at the weekend and had exactly that thought. He was super tough in that movie.
    As long as they keep shortchanging the role of the villain I doubt anybody should take the role. In the last two movies the baddie had a brilliant first appearance and then their characters go downhill into the downright caricature of the Mike Meyers movies.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Edris Elba as Fleming's Mr. Big.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    suavejmf wrote: »

That's a good shout.
    suavejmf wrote: »

That's a good shout.

Before he became so darn eager to play Bond and so darn obnoxious about it, I would have said hell yes. Not anymore. Idris Elba is a great actor and is the right age to play Mr Big, with a few more pounds he'd be the perfect frame. But I doubt they'll want to give the role to such a prima donna and frankly, his attitude really made me like him less.
    I would like Oscar Issac. He is terrific in Ex Machina in a villainous role. Could imagine him being a good villain against Daniel Craig's Bond.
  • John-Goodman.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

Hear me out here. Ladies and gentlemen, the man who would be my choice for the next James Bond villain is Mr. John Goodman. Currently receiving a high amount of praise for his menacing turn in 10 Cloverfield Lane, I feel like he'd have a lot to offer as a Bond villain. Even with his weight loss, he still has an incredible amount of physical presence, he can be threatening, but he can also be quite likable and charismatic, too. I think he'd be a very interesting choice and with the right director, he could be an absolutely fantastic Bond villain.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    John-Goodman.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

Hear me out here. Ladies and gentlemen, the man who would be my choice for the next James Bond villain is Mr. John Goodman. Currently receiving a high amount of praise for his menacing turn in 10 Cloverfield Lane, I feel like he'd have a lot to offer as a Bond villain. Even with his weight loss, he still has an incredible amount of physical presence, he can be threatening, but he can also be quite likable and charismatic, too. I think he'd be a very interesting choice and with the right director, he could be an absolutely fantastic Bond villain.

I can totally imagine him as a new Auric Goldfinger type villain from that Picture!
    Big, loud mouthed industrialist with an inflated Ego, i like it.
    If they really want to tackle 'real world threats' in the next movie as they said, they could make him a Donald Trump type character :D
  • @00Agent That's quite how I imagined him to be! I've just written a synopsis on the 'ideas for Bond 25 thread actually, with John Goodman as the villain character!
    Willem Dafoe
    Jason Stratham
    Idris Elba
    Mark Strong
    Ruth Wilson
    Gerard Butler
    Colin Farrell
    Helen Mirren
    Meryl Streep
    Stanley Tucci
    Benecio Del Toro
    Jaoquin Phoenix could be a good Bond villain, in the psycho department.

Women are greatly overlooked in this thread. Apart from Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep, I think Michelle Pfeiffer would make a good Bond villain. A great actress who unfortunately is somewhat forgotten these last years.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Russell Crowe. With only a look he can be very intimidating, and he could give Daniel an great fight.