Casting suggestions

Comments

• SAM wrote:
    Carey Mulligan or Keeley Hawes - Moneypenny

In 7-10 years time, at least.
    So I think that Jason Statham in the role of a henchman who does the villain's dirty work - and possibly someone who unsettles his employer - could work really well.

By day he could be the villains 'chauffeur' but does the villains assassination and murdering jobs. Basically an Oddjob-Red Grant hybrid assassin. I quite like the ring of that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,008
    Statham could be Mr. White's transporter- like Bond at the start of QoS... ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2011 Posts: 15,692
    If Statham ever appears in a Bond film, I hope it will be directed by Guy Ritchie, a-la 'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'. That film is one of the most quotable film of the last 15 years. And it's magnificiently fun and entertaining.
  • RC7RC7
    If Statham ever appears in a Bond film, I hope it will be directed by Guy Ritchie, a-la 'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'. That film is one of the most quotable film of the last 15 years. And it's magnificiently fun and entertaining.

This is sarcastic right?
    RC7 wrote:

This is sarcastic right?

I don't think so.....

and for the love of god NO STATHAM EVER.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    By day he could be the villains 'chauffeur' but does the villains assassination and murdering jobs. Basically an Oddjob-Red Grant hybrid assassin. I quite like the ring of that.
    Well, that was the idea. I can actually see Statham as someone who silences people without uttering a word - like, for example, Truman-Lodge in LICENCE TO KILL. If Statham were in that film as one of Sanchez's lackeys, then I could see Truman-Lodge opening his mouth for the "Great work, Franz! Another eighty-million dollar write-off!", but then closing it at a glance from Jason Statham. Before being shot.
    Another casting suggestion: Giancarlo Gianni as Rene Mathis. Yes, he's already been cast as Mathis in the past. And Mathis is dead.
    But SKYFALL deals with M's actions some time in the past. I'd love to see a cameo appearance from Mathis, showing him to be complicit in the scheme, though as a hero and not as a villain.
  • Sophia Myles - just gorgeous. alright she put a bit weight on in Spooks but if you look at her now she's just so....you know.....she has something about her that makes me glad to be a man.

And I'd think she'd sizzle with DC.

Andy Serkis:

andy-serkis-image.jpg

We know him best as Gollum and Captain Haddock, but I'm by no means advocating a motion-capture villain. Instead, I think he'd be great as an agent who is a master of disguise, changing his identity at will. Like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, but without a latex face mask.
    Guy Pierce as an Aussie/NZ agent or bad guy...

you want to rebirth Jaws type...new Conan! :)
  • SAM wrote:

Mulligan would make a good Bond girl imho.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If they ever make a Bond movie with the Sprang Brothers as villains I would choose.

Michael Madsen (DAD Yes I Know) and James Gandolfini to play them.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I really like Jason Statham (especially The Bank Job) and I could see him in a Bond movie, but not as Bond.
    I'd love to see Keeley Hawes; she's great.
    And still, Helen Mirren, in some role. Maybe as a prime minister, hmm or on the flip side how about M's evil sister, come back to ruin her (property of lady???) - just musing ...

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 14,008
    Hmmm, Dame Helen Mirren as the main villainess? Very awesome. That performance could outshine any role Ralph Fiennes has in Skyfall.
    My opinion:
    Jason Statham in small role as commanding officer of SAS team helping 007 during climatic battle at the end of the movie ;)
    Anthony Hopkinas as MI6 contact somewhere in the world.

And (that's not a casting suggeston but...) Dame Judi Dench could return in cameo appearance afrer she'll retire as M.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Librarian wrote:
    My opinion:
    Jason Statham in small role as commanding officer of SAS team helping 007 during climatic battle at the end of the movie ;)
    Anthony Hopkinas as MI6 contact somewhere in the world.

And (that's not a casting suggeston but...) Dame Judi Dench could return in cameo appearance afrer she'll retire as M.

I'd rather see Statham in such a role than as Bond, It fits him better. Also i think that he and Craig would work well together in a movie.
    Luke Evans as Bond.

tupes8f04wgotop4.jpg
    Agent005 wrote:
    Luke Evans as Bond.

I agree. I've suggested it before, but I was put down rather quickly. Apparantly he's a 'closet gay' but so what? Doesn't mean Bond is, and not all gays want to make everything in their life reflect that.

He looks VERY much like a young Fleming-Bond (a.k.a. the Bond Fleming drew for his novels)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    SAM wrote:

Mulligan would make a good Bond girl imho.

So would Keeley Hawes. She would have been an ideal 'sexy' Moneypenny a few years ago before she became a household name in Ashes To Ashes, but now that she is, why not a real character-driven Bond Girl role, in the manner of Natalya/ Elektra?

She's not that much younger than Craig, after all, given she played his sister in Flashbacks Of A Fool...

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Apparantly he's a 'closet gay' but so what? Doesn't mean Bond is, and not all gays want to make everything in their life reflect that.

He looks VERY much like a young Fleming-Bond (a.k.a. the Bond Fleming drew for his novels)

I agree with you, JWB. Gay or otherwise, that's a non-issue. If he is a good actor and looks the part, that's all that matters. Evans looks like the Bond that Fleming wrote and I think that he's a damn good actor.

• MATT DAMON!!! he is gonna shit all over sean connerys bond, that guy couldnt act to save himself,.
    Er... Welcome to the forum...
  • thanks agent005! its great to be here i was looking at a borne ultimatum website (awesome) and there was some talk about a crappy bond picture and that led me here.
    RC7 wrote:

This is sarcastic right?

I think Ritchie has shown with his Holmes films that he might actually not make a bad Bond director. He'd have to stear clear of the slow-mo fight scene nonense though.
    Jason Statham should not be allowed in a Bond film, however much I enjoy his films like the Transporter and Expendables franchises and of course the mighty Lock Stock.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Jason Statham should not be allowed in a Bond film, however much I enjoy his films like the Transporter and Expendables franchises and of course the mighty Lock Stock.

Agreed. I think DC has taken Bond (thankfully) in a slightly more up-market direction after the era of Toby Stephens and co.
    Woops. Multiple posts on the same topic.

Just had a couple of ideas for villains - Vincent Cassel and Christoph Waltz.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    They're both typecast villains though.

HOWEVER, there's always an exception for Waltz. If he wants to be in it, let the man do it, EON!

But then again.. we did get Bardem this time.. so I guess its possible.
    True - they do have a rep for playing villains, but that's no bad thing. It establishes their evil credentials right from the get go. And Waltz is brilliant at playing a baddy. He would IMO be absolutely perfect as a Bond baddie.