The brand new guess the character

Comments

• GBFGBF
    Congratulations to both of you. It was an excellent round. It certainly helps if you know the region and the time very well .... You must have spent a lot of time for investigating all that trivia. Very interesting stuff.
  • Congrats @Birdleson. Was this guy named in the film? When I googled dave diamonds are forever it didn't come up.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Tiffany Calls him Curley. The DVDs. Out why not try watching it.
    ( not being rude, just respoding in kind ) :D
  • So this guy hasn't got a real name in the film. @pachazo said this character had a name. That's misleading imo. A name given in retrospect isn't a name you could know if you had just watched the films.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 13,384
    " Somehow I never pictured you as a sore lose..... " :D
  • " Somehow I never figured you as a sore lose..... " :D

I congratulated @Birdleson.

I'm just querying the statement that this character has a name. That to me would imply he is named in the film. Nothing to do with being a sore loser.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    His name is on his shirt. I never said that his name appeared in the end credits. It was a tricky one but I don't feel that I was misleading anyone.
  • @pachazo I wasn't expecting a credit, just that the character is named in the film. If no one else has any complaints then it must be me as a newbie who is unfamiliar with the guidelines/conventions, and I will await @Birdleson's clues.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    He is named in the film because you can see his name in plain sight. Not sure what there is to argue about here, really.
  • Fine, I have said if it's just me then there's no problem. An end of the matter as far as I'm concerned.
    Wel done @pachazo an ingenious choice. =D>
  • Ok other people won't let this go. Where can this guy's character even be found on the internet?

:)) =)) just watch the film from your collection. It's supposed to be
    a fun quizz. :D
  • This guy isn't on any lists I've seen of characters. You basically had to watch DAF recently to get this. Ok fair enough but it's not a game for casuals. Just a warning for anyone thinking of playing this.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I actually feel ridiculously good about solving that one.

And so you should mate it still had me stumped well done sir.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    No, really, Birdleson won the game, really?
    What a shocking surprise.
    I could have made so much money if Oddschecker would include this in their repertoire.

Next one winning will be: Pachazo or Tokoloshe :))
  • Not surprising when the character's not on any online list.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    BUT HE'S NOT ON THE LIST!!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It was a creative round that stumped us all and @Birdleson finally cracked it. Congratulations to him, and if you don't like the way they game has been set up and carried on for the last 443 pages, sans complaints, then you needn't play. This is what I was getting at the other day @Birdleson: this is why I stopped playing the elimination games, it was good fun that was ruined by whining when something wasn't voted their way. It shouldn't be seen as a chore to sift through clues or re-watch Bond movies and ponder who it is.
    All I can say is Congratulations @Birdleson.
    ".My congratulations, sir. A brilliant coup. " =D>
    I even said to myself "Honey and I share the same passion...shells...who else liked shells?!"

I have to start thinking way out of the box for these, great round once again to @pachazo.
    Great game think I have got the general gist now, bring on the next match people, arguing is pointless it's done now.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Birdleson

a bit touchy? again.

My commentary was meant to be humorous. After all it is almost always the same people who win this game in case you didn't notice.
    A bit more self-irony would do some good.

But I guess these days it's easier to be outright negative on this forum than trying to look at things with humour.
    @BondJasonBond006, you're obviously not the one that was being discussed. No need to go on the offensive.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well done solving this one. I gave up pages ago.
    Well done solving this one. I gave up pages ago.

I unconsciously gave up after a little while, my brain only works so well when it comes to deciphering these clues. Like the chicken soup one: I figured someone had to mention it, and then I thought I had it when someone having the flu was brought up. Never in a million years would I have guessed the final clue connection.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Congrats to @pachazo and @Birdleson =D>

Great work! I gave up with the first five or ten clues but kept reading and reading... :D and suddenly all is "clear"!! :P

I would never have guessed him and I admire that someone has really watched DAF again looking for him =D> =D> =D>
  • GBFGBF
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I even said to myself "Honey and I share the same passion...shells...who else liked shells?!"

I have to start thinking way out of the box for these, great round once again to @pachazo.

I always thought, the passion might be singing or swimming/diving..., but yes a great combination...

Another fine clue was the monarch clue. I was so sure that it was related to Elektra King, then I indeed thought about Elvis but the Elvis from QoS.

I certainly also spent too much time on that chicken soup clue :-) That was really an insider :-)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited March 2016 Posts: 2,667
    The TND factory boss whom Brozzer tosses into the printing machine?

His jacket and his blood are red.
  • GBFGBF
    That could be it. But would we not need a "third red"?