Terrible decisions

in SPECTRE Posts: 92
I have just watched the Day of the Dead doc on the bluray.
Looks like such a wonderfully colourful event.
Who on earth made the decision to make it all washed out yellow in the movie?
What a really really terrible decision.

Comments

• I guess it was just so people knew it was Mexico.
    What do you mean by that?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Mexico is "deserty" so they make it yellow.

Like how there's a blue filter in DAD in the ice scenes
    But the scenes were of a colourful event set in Mexico City, not the desert.
    And it was very colourful before they took the colour out.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited March 2016 Posts: 6,778
    It wasn't necessary, even more so because they have a title which says that we're in Mexico City.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I read somewhere that Hoyte Van Hoytema is know for his use of colour filters ?
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,631
    The yellow filter persists in Spectre, though, not just in the Mexico City scenes. It plagues the Rome scenes and dulls what should have been a very crisp-looking location in Austria.

The decision to do this was definitely one of the big problems with the film. There are a lot of great locations in the film that are all but ruined because of the extreme use of the yellow filter.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    dalton wrote: »
    The yellow filter persists in Spectre, though, not just in the Mexico City scenes. It plagues the Rome scenes and dulls what should have been a very crisp-looking location in Austria.

The decision to do this was definitely one of the big problems with the film. There are a lot of great locations in the film that are all but ruined because of the extreme use of the yellow filter.

Austria was yellow?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yellow snow, is always bad news ! ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This has been discussed to death in plenty of other threads, no sense in opening up another just for this.

Locked.
This discussion has been closed.