GTA V - The first Trailer

2»

Comments

Looks like it will be San Andreas (in its entirety) again...hooray, so excited. Causing a train crash on a freeway has been sadly lacking in my life.

All uk PS3 mags lead with this news in current issues,

Sorry just "Los Santos and surrounding country side" but the map is apparently Five Times bigger then GTA4.

• SAMSAM
    The graphics certainly seem top draw. I hope the storyline and characters are as strong as the previous installment (Nico Ballic one).

In addition, I hope they reintroduce additional features. For example: modifying vehicles (I believe was last done in San Andreas)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just want more stuff to do in the city. Other than the story and a few little side things that got really old really fast (the dating system, drinking at bars, bowling), GTA4 had almost no side stuff.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just want more stuff to do in the city. Other than the story and a few little side things that got really old really fast (the dating system, drinking at bars, bowling), GTA4 had almost no side stuff.

I have hours and hour and hours packed into GTA4 after the campaign. There is tons of fun stuff to do. What a game. Many good memories.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Like what? There aren't as many optional people to work for as in the GTA3 era games, and definitely not as much fun stuff. I've beaten the game, too, and can't find a thing to do.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This had nothing to do with 007, so moved to general discussion.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    For a moment there, I thought the first post since December may have been one announcing a release date!
    They need to bring back the jetpack, planes, the tank, the customisation and they need to improve the shops and the phone. They also need to ditch the "friend meter" or whatever it was ("hey Niko, let's go bowling!" "sorry, can't, I'm doing a mission" "oh, ok, whatever" friend meter drops down).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Have anyone noticed the sign 2405 in the trailer? It is 0:55 into it.

Perhaps we get something 24th of May? ;))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MrBond wrote:
    Have anyone noticed the sign 2405 in the trailer? It is 0:55 into it.

Perhaps we get something 24th of May? ;))

People are really still going along with this?

Anyway, someone was going through the source code for Max Payne 3 and found this list of vehicles, which looks like an uncompleted list (or completed, perhaps) of GTA V vehicles:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11707-Full-List-of-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Vehicles-Revealed-.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    They need to bring back the jetpack, planes, the tank, the customisation and they need to improve the shops and the phone. They also need to ditch the "friend meter" or whatever it was ("hey Niko, let's go bowling!" "sorry, can't, I'm doing a mission" "oh, ok, whatever" friend meter drops down).

One of my biggest gripes about GTAIV @thelivingroyale. It seemed like the game was trying to upset me because every time I was near a mission blip someone would call me and ask to hang out. And even worse, I have had times where let's say Roman would call, and then literally five seconds later Brucie would call, and I had to choose who to hang out with, knowing that one of them wouldn't like me and the friend meter would drop. Grrrrrrrrrr... X(
    The best way to combat that: When they call and ask you to _____, accept, then immediately call them back and cancel. You won't lose friendship.

Which is weird, because if I asked my friend to do that, I'd be more content with them saying they were busy than saying they would love to hang out, then call back and cancel.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The best way to combat that: When they call and ask you to _____, accept, then immediately call them back and cancel. You won't lose friendship.

Which is weird, because if I asked my friend to do that, I'd be more content with them saying they were busy than saying they would love to hang out, then call back and cancel.
    I didn't know that. Darn it all.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm sorry to hear. I learned it pretty early on, and it helped me out a good bit. But still, it's really annoying the approach they took. I think it's cool that friends want to hang out, but if they bring that feature into GTA V, they better make these occurrences less frequent, and make it so you lose absolutely no friendship level from declining getting together. Also, I would enjoy seeing more rewards for boosting a friendship level.

Take Brucie, whose special feature was taking you on a helicopter ride, or something to that effect. Umm, so? Who cares? I'd rather drive to the docks and hijack one myself. Jacob's, on the other hand, was nice, because you could have guns delivered very close to your location if need be.

One of my biggest gripes about GTAIV @thelivingroyale. It seemed like the game was trying to upset me because every time I was near a mission blip someone would call me and ask to hang out. And even worse, I have had times where let's say Roman would call, and then literally five seconds later Brucie would call, and I had to choose who to hang out with, knowing that one of them wouldn't like me and the friend meter would drop. Grrrrrrrrrr... X(

Bruce is a steroid addict with shrunken balls, hang out with Roman ;)
    A few things on this:

#1) I LOVE THE WHOLE GTA FRANCHISE. (It's so easy to get addicted to their games)
    #2) I Think this could be the right direction in gaming style for future James Bond Games.
    #3) And I read someone talked of a few other locations.. I say YES, programmers/designers may not even have to leave the country to get a feel for the street (thanks to google street view). Why not have a Whole world at your finger tips? And just stage the game to only visit areas for whatever reason. Some odd states I'd like to see. West Virginia. Arizona. Florida (Beach). and several countries, Mexico I'd like to see. Endless possibilities.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Small Faces!
    royale65 wrote:
    Small Faces!

??? :-/
    Big Faces!
    jolearon wrote:
    Big Faces!

I feel like I'm missing a joke here... :-S
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, join the club. I've no idea what's going on.
    Small Faces it is!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    ??? :-/

The music in the background was by the British Mod band the Small Faces, Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake, I believe...

@royale65, indeed, it is.
    played 3 and san andreas the most. never really got into gta4 beyond a few missions and seeking out insane jumps. 5 looks ok graphics look decent, too early to tell yet.
    I'm just hoping we hear something from E3. I've heard that Rockstar isn't big on E3, and they wait a few weeks until another gaming event, but last I heard, they said in February that we should get a lot of news in a few months. Almost June, now..
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vzue74y7A84

NEW TRAILER (and possibly a new thread-title?)

0:49
    Looks like we can drive a Aston Martin DB5-lookalike this time around :D
  • I already posted it in the games thread ;)
  • Sorry about that, mate ;) Didn't see it there :)