The Bond actors and their outfits( dressing style)

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
edited February 2016 in Actors Posts: 1,130
Ok in the Bond franchise Bond has 4 very iconic looks or outfits : The Tuxwith the black Jacket, the tux with the white jacket, The Royal Navy uniform, and his formal suits.

So id like to ask you who rocked those 4 the best ?

I know some of them didn't wear the white Tuax and others didn't wear the Royal Navy Uniform. Actually only Roger Moore and Sean Connery wore the 4 iconic styles.

Here my answers
The White Tux Daniel Craig and Sean Connery
The Black Tux Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan
The regular formal suits- Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig
The Royal Navy Uniform- Pierce Brosnan and Roger Moore

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    It's Tux, as in Tuxedo.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Sark wrote: »
    It's Tux, as in Tuxedo.

Fixed

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    My opinions on this:

1. Connery - best by far with everything he wore. Particularly in the first two.

2. Moore - very good in everything but not quite Connery level. Bloody impressive in LALD, TMWTGG (in particular - with the double breasted stuff) and TSWLM. Should be given credit for looking damn fine even with the crappy 70's suit cuts (no other actor could have pulled off those shirt collars, wide lapels and bells as well as Moore)

3. Brosnan - made to wear a suit and pulled it off very well. However, I'm deducting points, despite him looking fantastic in them, because he looked way too corporate in every film. Overdone, especially in GE with the pocket square. This is perfect for a banker or an industrialist, but not a gentleman spy, who should have slightly more casual look to him....not draw so much attention to himself. The Brioni's were just a little too flashy.

4. Craig - he looks good enough, especially in a tux in CR, but they tend to get the cuts wrong with him. his build is better suited to the casual wear, which he rocks better than any of them apart from Connery, but he is definitely at the bottom for me when it comes to suits. I didn't think he pulled off the white tux too well in SP, even though it is a classic Bond look.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sark wrote: »
    It's Tux, as in Tuxedo.

Actually as this is Bond they're called dinner suits and not some place in Orange County ;)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    How mad will Brits be if Tuxedos are ever referred to as such in a film (thinking of the Americanization of Bond)? ;)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2016 Posts: 5,131
    The Yanks can't spell (changing our language) and now they want to change the name of a classic tux???
    edited February 2016 Posts: 5,131
    Fair play. But it's our language and our attire from 100's of years of tradition. Plus Bond is a brit invented by a brit....so I'm sure the character will never get it wrong.
    Unfortunately I have to agree with you on that. Correct.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    bondjames wrote: »
    My opinions on this:

1. Connery - best by far with everything he wore. Particularly in the first two.

2. Moore - very good in everything but not quite Connery level. Bloody impressive in LALD, TMWTGG (in particular - with the double breasted stuff) and TSWLM. Should be given credit for looking damn fine even with the crappy 70's suit cuts (no other actor could have pulled off those shirt collars, wide lapels and bells as well as Moore)

3. Brosnan - made to wear a suit and pulled it off very well. However, I'm deducting points, despite him looking fantastic in them, because he looked way too corporate in every film. Overdone, especially in GE with the pocket square. This is perfect for a banker or an industrialist, but not a gentleman spy, who should have slightly more casual look to him....not draw so much attention to himself. The Brioni's were just a little too flashy.

4. Craig - he looks good enough, especially in a tux in CR, but they tend to get the cuts wrong with him. his build is better suited to the casual wear, which he rocks better than any of them apart from Connery, but he is definitely at the bottom for me when it comes to suits. I didn't think he pulled off the white tux too well in SP, even though it is a classic Bond look.

I agree. Next is Dalton and last is Lazenby.