Seydoux, Bellucci worst bond girls ever?

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wish she'd embarrass me sometime. ;)
  • 001 wrote:
    I think Seydoux and Bellucci are the worst bond girls ever.
    Their acting was bad in SPECTRE and there are better looking bond girls in the other films.
    Bellucci looks way too old as well and Seydoux is not sexy enough.

Who agrees or disagrees and why?

• I think that Sedoux was not a so beauty as other ones in Bond movies.
    On the otherhand, Belucci is a good actress except her role was very short and maybe they could have bringing her back for another scene, as it was forseen in the beginning before the script leaked on the internet. In that other script, she plays a double role together with Bautista.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    Most Bond girls are embarrassing. They are there for eye candy and to move the plot along. Usually the woman serves as a warning about the stupidity of the men who trust them in the first place. If anything, the Bond movies are guilty of portraying women in an unbelievably positive light, with only a small handful qualifying as genuine bimbos, poison tongued witches and/or useless self-centred screamers.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    gumbolt wrote: »
    Most Bond girls are embarrassing. They are there for eye candy and to move the plot along. Usually the woman serves as a warning about the stupidity of the men who trust them in the first place. If anything, the Bond movies are guilty of portraying women in an unbelievably positive light, with only a small handful qualifying as genuine bimbos, poison tongued witches and/or useless self-centred screamers.

Wow! Ha ha, this should maybe be reposted in that controversial opinion thread that died a premature death.
    I suppose I should have mentioned that men in Bond movies are more balanced in how they are portrayed - weak, strong, evil, good, useful, useless - and that women do not get the same balanced treatment for fear of accusations of sexism!
    I find that all of those characterizations can be attributed to various women in the series as well.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indubitably!
    Yes but its all rather forced. I think sometimes we patronise women by attempting to portray them as "Bond's equal in many ways" (how many times have we heard that?) than just recognising and respecting the differences and reality.
    I agree, no more interesting multi dimensional female characters. Just
    Get some good looking young totty. We don't need female characters with
    Charisma and interesting back stories ! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    gumbolt wrote: »
    Yes but its all rather forced. I think sometimes we patronise women by attempting to portray them as "Bond's equal in many ways" (how many times have we heard that?) than just recognising and respecting the differences and reality.
    A valid point. The Bond equal is portrayed in a laughable fashion in many Bond films. They definitely didn't make Vesper out to be that way, but she held her own, showed Bond up and was far more complex than 'equal' characters like Wai Lin who had to be rescued just as many times.

If they want to do 'Bond equal' they should focus on intelligence imho, rather than action elements.
    I suspect I'm in for a kicking here! I'm trying and failing to make a deep point about the difference between men and women. This will end badly. Oh well...
    Women need a firm hand!
    Thanks @bondjames. Looks like we might be going down together, as the most cringeworthy of Bond's equals once said!
    Just ask Sir Sean ! ;)
    Women need a firm hand!
    Let me rephrase that, they need a firm finger.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Women need a firm hand!

We can only guess at what Bond did to Vesper with his little finger ? :)
    Women need a firm hand!

The Sean Connery school of woman control ;)

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2015 Posts: 12,459
    So much of this thread is just not funny. And the opening post is written very antagonistically anyway. I'd be happy if this were closed. There are already threads on Bond girls, worse, best, etc.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    001 wrote: »

They are better in their first language....

....Surely you can't disagree with that?

Well clearly. Who isn't better in their native language?

Seems like desperation asking for people to agree with you on an unarguable point as if you've just realised the inherent ludicrousness of your opening post.

And just for the record Lea Seydoux could put in a more convincing performance speaking Tagalog than Tanya Roberts or Denise Richards could in English.

I agree with @4EverBonded - this thread is so redundant in terms of debate it should be put out of its misery. By all means criticise Lea and Monica but at least keep some sort of perspective or does someone need to post a GIF of Halle Berry saying 'Yo Momma' on an infinite loop?

What next?

'The Nazis weren't a bad lot; who disagrees with me?'
    'Oxygen is overrated, I prefer breathing pure carbon monoxide - discuss.'
    Ha ha! Great thread ideas.
    :)) I agree.
    If you think these are the worst Bond girls ever, you might need to try actually watching the rest of the Bond movies.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Right... because there are no other threads where we can discuss this. :-<

1029547-thread_locked.gif
This discussion has been closed.