Seydoux, Bellucci worst bond girls ever?

in Bond Movies Posts: 1,575
I think Seydoux and Bellucci are the worst bond girls ever.
Their acting was bad in SPECTRE and there are better looking bond girls in the other films.
Bellucci looks way too old as well and Seydoux is not sexy enough.

Who agrees or disagrees and why?

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,116
    They're not. Talented actors working with what they had.

What? Is Tanya Roberts or Denise Richards academy worthy by troll standards?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    001 wrote:
    I think Seydoux and Bellucci are the worst bond girls ever.
    Their acting was bad in SPECTRE and there are better looking bond girls in the other films.
    Bellucci looks way too old as well and Seydoux is not sexy enough.

Who agrees or disagrees and why?

Utter drivel.

There are better looking Bond girls, true and also there are better acting performances but the worst ever????!?!!

Let me point you towards the likes of Ruby, Saida or Rosie for example. If you seriously think Monica and Lea are not as sexy as those you need to change your oculist.

And given we have suffered the likes of Tanya Roberts and Denise Richards on the acting front I'm almost embarrassed on your behalf at how wrong you are.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Worst ever ? Sorry I can't agree they're both very talented actresses.
    Ruby, Saida were good.
    Tanya Roberts and Denise Richards and don't forget Halle berry were bad i agree, (but at least were very sexy) but as bad as they were they were better than Seydoux and Bellucci whose english speaking acting was terrible.

Bellucci looks like an old lady. Seydoux was just not pretty or sexy enough for a JAMES BOND FILM.
    Both would be better in foreign langauge films.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    001 wrote: »
    Bellucci looks like an old lady. Seydoux was just not pretty or sexy enough for a JAMES BOND FILM.

Yes, we foreigners have such low standards.

You know what i mean...........

They are better in their first language ,italian and french movies than english speaking movies.
    Surely you can't disagree with that?

Haven t seen any of those, so wouldn t know.
    I thought both ladies gave fantastic performances :)
    I blame the casting people for putting them in the film.

I have nothing against Seydoux or Bellucci . It's not their fault i think they were miscast.

Perhaps on viewing SPECTRE again when it comes out on bluray I'll change my mind, but for now that's my opinion.

Yes, we have heard you loud and clearly. Maybe let it go now. No need to repeat it again..and again.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Belucci and Seydoux are two of the saving graces of this movie. They both are excellent. Stylish, sophisticated and sexy.

Spectre has its fair share of problems but the Bond girls aren't among them.
    You know jack about acting, believe me. Both are fine actresses. And you know jack about beauty of you think they are not sexy enough. And if you'd say no to Monica Bellucci now, I suspect that it's not blood that runs in your veins, but chamomile. Mild chamomile. Lucia Scarria could give her dead husband rigor mortis.
    Some people are so easily pleased......

You know what i mean...........

They are better in their first language ,italian and french movies than english speaking movies.
    Surely you can't disagree with that?

Isn't that a bit of a generalisation? Carole Bouquet from FYEO has spent most of her career in French films.

I know a thing or two about acting. As for their respective attractiveness... Congratulations for such high standards if you can live by them! You must be one very handsome troll er, I mean lad, if you can say no to any of these women.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I found Bellucci to be excellent in her short time on screen. She was supposed to play a kept woman - a throwback to earlier times. She conveyed the vulnerability, fear and innocence rather well I thought, and is a stunner for her age, despite visible wrinkles.

Seydoux on the other hand was not so effective for me. I expected a lot from her, having been very impressed by her (mainly unspoken) role in MI-GP. Here I'll admit she was a relative let down for me. She is attractive enough, but she came across more plain Jane to me - it could be the hair, or the makeup - not sure. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certainly, and she was not unattractive in SP, but she didn't blow my socks off.

Furthermore, I didn't find that the script gave her much interesting to do or say, so she was just 'there'. The connection I expected between her and Bond didn't materialize for me on screen in a successful way, despite that being an intention of the story. I didn't find that she 'emoted' her lines effectively enough.

I have not seen their 'original' language films, so cannot speak for their acting prowess there.
    Seydoux, as far as I'm concerned, is the strength of Spectre. Replace her with a lesser actress and the film would have suffered greatly for it, and the love story would have come across even worse, as I felt like Seydoux managed to make it more believable than the writers did.

As for her looks, Seydoux is absolutely stunning. One of the most beautiful women to ever grace a Bond film.
    Being fantastically handsome, and drop dead gorgeous myself, I can
    Sympathise with these ladies. I too am judged on my great beauty and
    not on my skill set. Imagine being beautiful and speaking several
    Languages, it's had to believe any woman's brain could cope with the
    Challenge, let alone a beautiful one ! :D
    PS - I forgot to answer the thread title question. I don't think they are the worst ever. Not by a long shot. However, for me at least, they are probably among the more dull characters, which is 100% a function of the script.

I found the legendary Denise Richards, Halle Berry and Talisa Soto more interesting.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, certainly, and she was not unattractive in SP, but she didn't blow my socks off.

Ernst disagrees.
    PS - I forgot to answer the thread title question. I don't think they are the worst ever. Not by a long shot. However, for me at least, they are probably among the more dull characters, which is 100% a function of the script.

I found the legendary Denise Richards, Halle Berry and Talisa Soto more interesting.

Oh come on! Regardless on how the characters were written (and Lucia and Madeleine are certainly better written than Jinx), as far as acting goes they are far ahead of Denise Richards or I dare say Oscar winner Halle Berry.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Oh come on! Regardless on how the characters were written (and Lucia and Madeleine are certainly better written than Jinx), as far as acting goes they are far ahead of Denise Richards or I dare say Oscar winner Halle Berry.
    Definitely better actresses - unquestionably - no arguments there.

However, for me, there was far more on screen charisma coming from Jinx, Lupe & Dr. Jones imho. That's a function of sloppy writing & direction.
    They were both good in my opinion
  • augie7107augie7107 Boston
    I agree, I enjoyed both. Seydoux was sexy, albeit subdued. Worst Bond girl ever has to be Halle Berry. Very attractive but not her best performance.
  • I liked them both. They are both beautiful, and not in a fake looking way, which I appreciate (I'll admit, Belluci has clearly had a little bit done, but certainly not OTT). I thought their acting was solid, too.

Hardly the worst ever, especially when we have Denise Richards and Tanya Roberts as others have mentioned. Halle Berry as Jinx was awful as well. Oscar winner or not, she also won a Razzie, so....
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I think Halle Berry may be the worst. Just annoying. Roberts and Richards characters are what they are...

Is this thread for real or just a chance to post a thread just to say one did?

Ranks up there with the Fiennes's teeth discussion.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    And arrogance and self-awereness seldomly go hand in hand. Perhaps you just missed out on a thing called 'sophistication', or indeed have little taste for anything but an all-American girl. Something the rest of the world has had to put up with in movies for a long, long time.
    For me, Lea is the most stunning, interesting and fascinating Bond girl ever since Thunderball. Monica is one fine looking lady, beeing a lady in the utmost sense of the word. Both are characters with more then just a pretty face.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I was just about to pull him up about that @CommanderRoss. Condescending to the extreme.

Monica isn't in the movie for long enough for me to have an opinion on her performance, yet Lea is so fantastic. Subtlety belies the characters superficiality. And that dress...
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    I don't think either of them were the worst. Seydoux was neither one of the worst nor one of the best Bond girls IMHO but she made for a decent mid-range heroine(the first blond one since Kara Milovy 28 years ago so that aspect was nice). Bellucci though even at age 50 is my favorite of the SPECTRE Bond girls and I thought her being only 4 years older than Craig helped to make Bond/Lucia a more believable onscreen couple in their scenes together than Bond/Madeleine were.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Bellucci's performance was embarrassing
This discussion has been closed.