Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

2456724

Comments

  • Posts: 14,816
    Dragonpol wrote:
    talos7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Idris Elba as the new Mr Big in a LALD remake gets my vote more than a new Blofeld would.

    You beat me to the punch; I was just about to suggest him. He is an incredible actor and would make a great opponent, both mentally and physically, for Bond

    Thank you for your back-up support, sir. I hope we see it, though I doubt that we will, sadly.

    if he wins the Oscar for the role of Mandela, he has a chance to be in a Bond movie. The good thing about Mr. Big is that his name was not used yet, and there was enough differences between the novel and the film to reuse at least some of it in a Bond movie. My idea: Captain Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, modern pirate, played by Idris Elba.
  • Posts: 686
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    talos7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Idris Elba as the new Mr Big in a LALD remake gets my vote more than a new Blofeld would.

    You beat me to the punch; I was just about to suggest him. He is an incredible actor and would make a great opponent, both mentally and physically, for Bond

    Thank you for your back-up support, sir. I hope we see it, though I doubt that we will, sadly.

    if he wins the Oscar for the role of Mandela, he has a chance to be in a Bond movie. The good thing about Mr. Big is that his name was not used yet, and there was enough differences between the novel and the film to reuse at least some of it in a Bond movie. My idea: Captain Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, modern pirate, played by Idris Elba.

    Unfortunately, I doubt very seriously we will see that. EON, like other major production companies, are going to go with something really safe and tried. That's is the new Hollywood. Many people think LALD, including Roger Moore, is racist. Hollywood is not going to revisit LALD in any way.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,781
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    talos7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Idris Elba as the new Mr Big in a LALD remake gets my vote more than a new Blofeld would.

    You beat me to the punch; I was just about to suggest him. He is an incredible actor and would make a great opponent, both mentally and physically, for Bond

    Thank you for your back-up support, sir. I hope we see it, though I doubt that we will, sadly.

    if he wins the Oscar for the role of Mandela, he has a chance to be in a Bond movie. The good thing about Mr. Big is that his name was not used yet, and there was enough differences between the novel and the film to reuse at least some of it in a Bond movie. My idea: Captain Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, modern pirate, played by Idris Elba.

    Indeed - although Mr Big was used in the LALD film as a false identity for Dr Kananga. It could still be reused though as "Mr Big" is a oft-used villain title I think that it can safely be used again in the Bond universe.
  • Posts: 14,816
    Perdogg wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    talos7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Idris Elba as the new Mr Big in a LALD remake gets my vote more than a new Blofeld would.

    You beat me to the punch; I was just about to suggest him. He is an incredible actor and would make a great opponent, both mentally and physically, for Bond

    Thank you for your back-up support, sir. I hope we see it, though I doubt that we will, sadly.

    if he wins the Oscar for the role of Mandela, he has a chance to be in a Bond movie. The good thing about Mr. Big is that his name was not used yet, and there was enough differences between the novel and the film to reuse at least some of it in a Bond movie. My idea: Captain Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, modern pirate, played by Idris Elba.

    Unfortunately, I doubt very seriously we will see that. EON, like other major production companies, are going to go with something really safe and tried. That's is the new Hollywood. Many people think LALD, including Roger Moore, is racist. Hollywood is not going to revisit LALD in any way.

    There were black badguys in CR. And Idris Elba's most famous role so far is Stringer Bell in The Wire, who was a villain. A tragic hero in a way, but a villainous one.
  • Gary Oldman for sure.
    Christoph Waltz perhaps or Kevin Spacey,
    as for Brits I'd go with Rufus Sewell or James Purefoy
    and I always thought Michael Caine and Frank Langella would make great Bond villains but I guess they're too old now.
    I reckon that Monica Bellucci could pull off the Villainess role
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,781
    Ludovico wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    talos7 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Idris Elba as the new Mr Big in a LALD remake gets my vote more than a new Blofeld would.

    You beat me to the punch; I was just about to suggest him. He is an incredible actor and would make a great opponent, both mentally and physically, for Bond

    Thank you for your back-up support, sir. I hope we see it, though I doubt that we will, sadly.

    if he wins the Oscar for the role of Mandela, he has a chance to be in a Bond movie. The good thing about Mr. Big is that his name was not used yet, and there was enough differences between the novel and the film to reuse at least some of it in a Bond movie. My idea: Captain Buonaparte Ignace Gallia, modern pirate, played by Idris Elba.

    Unfortunately, I doubt very seriously we will see that. EON, like other major production companies, are going to go with something really safe and tried. That's is the new Hollywood. Many people think LALD, including Roger Moore, is racist. Hollywood is not going to revisit LALD in any way.

    There were black badguys in CR. And Idris Elba's most famous role so far is Stringer Bell in The Wire, who was a villain. A tragic hero in a way, but a villainous one.

    Well, I think that tragic heroes are kind of the way Eon are going with their more psychologically complex villains these days and Mr Big fits right into that surprisingly well for a character created in 1953/1954. One of Fleming's more complex James Bond villains.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 14,816
    Double post sorry.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    Yes, Monica Bellucci as an older villainous woman who Bond will still bang! Her lack of participation in a Bond movie pains me more than it should. I'd like to see Christopher Eccleston as a villain too. He looks incredible as Malekith in the new Thor movie. Elba definitely and also Alan Rickman!
  • Posts: 418
    Gary Oldman
    Alan Rickman
    Anthony Hopkins
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Paul Bettany

    Or for a villainess - Tilda Swinton or Charlize Theron
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,781
    Brian Blessed would be great for Sir Hugo "Hugger" Drax from Ian Fleming's Moonraker (1955).
  • Posts: 2,400
    Sidney Poitier in a 1962 LALD and Alec Guinness as Drax in a 1963 Moonraker. Think on it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,781
    Sidney Poitier in a 1962 LALD and Alec Guinness as Drax in a 1963 Moonraker. Think on it.

    Sounds good to me...
  • kevin spacey
    michael c hall
    bryan cranston
    james spader
    vince vaughn
  • OmegaXOmegaX Singapore
    Posts: 39
    Well I always loved Gary Oldman's performances, and his work with villains such as Lord Shen in Kung Fu Panda 2 or Lord Votech in Lego Dimensions is simply brillant.

    Constance Zimmer is another choice, I loved her as Rosalind in Agents of SHIELD.

    Also Tom Cruise, as I would like a actor who normally plays heroes to play an iconic villain in a even more iconic franchise.
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Posts: 100
    James Spader as Blofeld
  • Cillian Murphy or Tom Hardy if they had a slightly younger villain.
  • or joaquin phoenix
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 7,954
    Idris Elba, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I think he would make a great villain. He's charming and physically imposing enough to be a threat to Craig's Bond on several levels.
  • Posts: 14,816
    talos7 wrote: »
    Idris Elba, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I think he would make a great villain. He's charming and physically imposing enough to be a threat to Craig's Bond on several levels.

    Before his tantrum about playing Bond I'd have agreed with you.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Tom Hardy for me. Physically the right size for Craig and with comparable acting chops. I think the two of them would work brilliantly against each other.
  • Posts: 315
    I'd like to see Bill Nighy in a villain role. I could see him being more of the brains behind the scenes. However I could see him as someone like Mr. White who is an older but experienced assassin, kills coldly and professionally.
  • Posts: 1,386
    I've always wanted to see Malcom McDowell as the evil-genius-with-plans-for-world-domination-and-henchmen-to-do-his-bidding type of Bond villain.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Bill Nighy is more of a M for me.
  • Posts: 14,816
    josiah wrote: »
    I've always wanted to see Malcom McDowell as the evil-genius-with-plans-for-world-domination-and-henchmen-to-do-his-bidding type of Bond villain.

    Problem with McDowell is that by his own admission he's in most of the project he's in solely for the money. If his heart is into it he's amazing.
  • Posts: 1,386
    I thought at one time he'd make a great Blofeld that we don't see for a large portion of the film but merely hear because he has that chilling voice. Plus I haven't seen him in any big tv shows or films in awhile so I thought perhaps he could be got cheaper than other actors in the media spotlight but I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and he would demand "one...hun-dred *billion* dollars!"
    Ludovico wrote: »
    josiah wrote: »
    I've always wanted to see Malcom McDowell as the evil-genius-with-plans-for-world-domination-and-henchmen-to-do-his-bidding type of Bond villain.

    Problem with McDowell is that by his own admission he's in most of the project he's in solely for the money. If his heart is into it he's amazing.

  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,588
    bondjames wrote: »
    Tom Hardy for me. Physically the right size for Craig and with comparable acting chops. I think the two of them would work brilliantly against each other.
    What's funny is that I've never envisioned Hardy playing the role of a Bond villain, but as Bond himself. However, after seeing The Revenant I would strongly consider the idea.
  • Posts: 315
    What's with wanting these old actors/actresses? Jane Fonda is pushing 80 and would add nothing. She may need a walker or hover-round. Malcolm McDowell and Anthony Hopkins(he's Hannibal Lector forever) are in the same old boat. I'm all in on a main female villainess late 30-40ish but not a babe. She should be brutal, nasty and ruthless. She wants to kill Bond and not bed him. And vice versa. I know that may describe many ex-wives or mother-in-laws to many. You're probably better off.
  • Posts: 1,386
    Zorin61 wrote: »
    Gary Oldman
    Alan Rickman
    Anthony Hopkins
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Paul Bettany

    Or for a villainess - Tilda Swinton or Charlize Theron

    Some great recommendations! (Alan Rickman....I could have watched that guy in just about anything. R.I.P)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 1,261
    THIS guy would make great villain. Apart from his smalls hands. And his short fingers...
    giphy.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.