Your review of Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

2»

Comments

• 002 wrote:
    i think that bond fans should hunt down activision and kill them for sport

GE Reloaded is not a Bond Game but a COD game the story is weak compared to the film, the bond villian is a douchey greedy man instead of a bad ass sean bean, there are so many invisible barriers and when you are reading your mission objectives you have to try to deciphere the tiny writing to find out what the hell you have to do

Did you play on 007 Classic? Did you try stealth on any of the levels?

@Top Gear-why doesn't the Tank level count as a driving level lol.

The problem right now is not enough people are playing it so only 4-5 modes that are the most popular have people in them to get a match going.

After playing this for several weeks since my last post I have really started to love this game. Since I got over the fact they changed so much from the Wii version and took this game for what it is I have been really enjoying it. Only thing I want fixed badly is the amount of lag that is present at times on Multi-player. I have played a few missions from the story mode and it looks sharp. Pretty good game I think.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 624
    @YELARAKA Well, it is, but its not a high speed pursuit. They should have allowed us to drive the DB5 while chasing Onatopp's Ferrari.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @YELARAKA

I stopped playing Goldeneye Reloaded because of those damned shotguns... i didnt have the privileged of coming across any rocket clans - but the shotguns is what ruined that game for me.... - and it's not just in Goldeneye.. the abuse of that weapon is widespread over all FPSs now.... it's partly why I hardly play them anymore - I bought BF3, and their are shotgun abusers all over that game as well.... i dare say, the only game that got the physics right with the shotgun was Halo (as it was only effective at close range)...

but with a lot of games, i am realizing that most online is gradually starting to get less and less fun.... because you have 2 types of people that like to ruin it...

1 - those who have absolutely no life outside of said game, and who will study everything there is to study about every slight detail - and who spends countless hours on the game, like it was their full time job..

2 - those who hack the game...... can't say anymore other than that..

if it really wasn't for these 2 types of people, playing online wouldn't be as miserable.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I played the Wii version.

This used to be a legendary game but its become sort of a cash cow now. And I'm not a fan of the 1st person cut scenes. And since they took away the gadgets from the original N64 game it makes it feel like even more like call of duty.

And as if ruining the original game wasn't enough, they also wrecked a perfectly good film. I hate the new trevalyn, WHY DID THEY KILL ZUKOFSKY FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER, onnatop isn't the character she was (if they used her in rogue agent why does she have to be different for goldeneye???), and the whole time I just feel like pierce brosnan should be there.
  • HASEROT wrote:
    @YELARAKA

I stopped playing Goldeneye Reloaded because of those damned shotguns... i didnt have the privileged of coming across any rocket clans - but the shotguns is what ruined that game for me.... - and it's not just in Goldeneye.. the abuse of that weapon is widespread over all FPSs now.... it's partly why I hardly play them anymore - I bought BF3, and their are shotgun abusers all over that game as well.... i dare say, the only game that got the physics right with the shotgun was Halo (as it was only effective at close range)...

but with a lot of games, i am realizing that most online is gradually starting to get less and less fun.... because you have 2 types of people that like to ruin it...

1 - those who have absolutely no life outside of said game, and who will study everything there is to study about every slight detail - and who spends countless hours on the game, like it was their full time job..

2 - those who hack the game...... can't say anymore other than that..

if it really wasn't for these 2 types of people, playing online wouldn't be as miserable.

these people are the reason I HATE call of duty, and don't like battlefield much anymore (battlefield is more realistic and exciting so its a little better than COD)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 127
    @Haserot, I agree with your #2 reason for sure. It is one of my main reasons for being done with Goldeneye Wii after playing it for about a year.

As for your people who play the game like its their job.....How far do you want to take that though???? Are you talking about the guys who actually don't have jobs and play it 8hrs a day or a guy like me who might get 2hrs in a day. Looking at the leaderboards on GE Reloaded I am in the top 5 in every category. However I don't play it like it's my job. I have a wife and kids and a job. I just choose to spend my time one game at a time so I can get good at that said game and feel compfortable about everytime I get on I am not rusty. I might have 1 or 2 other games that I choose to play in a great while...like a handful of times a month.

Too be honest if you are good at FPS you are good no matter what. It don't matter if you jump on COD, BF3, or Reloaded...if you are good you are good. Obviously you are better if you play the game more and thats why people do. You can't expect to be good and post good score if you jump on for a hour twice a week. Of course you will get smashed. Mostly it comes down to knowing the ins and outs of the game that make the biggest difference. You can't jump on a game play for a week get tore up then quit and say it was because people play too much so I give up. I mean you have to invest SOME time into a game.

If you are the guy who likes to play 4 or 5 games at a time and not get comfortable in one game then well...your own fault you can blame yourself.

This is just my opinion not trying to argue I mean it is what it is...Reloaded is really fun if they would just take the Dang MJR out and decrease the shotguns range.
  • I'm a complete noob when it comes to online gaming, and I considered myself a pretty good player.... by myself. Good god, I tried MW3 and GoldenEye and got my ass handed to me so fast! Most of the time when I got killed I never even saw where it came from. I was definitely up against people that LIVE to play these games!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,399
    YELARAKA wrote:
    @Haserot, I agree with your #2 reason for sure. It is one of my main reasons for being done with Goldeneye Wii after playing it for about a year.

As for your people who play the game like its their job.....How far do you want to take that though???? Are you talking about the guys who actually don't have jobs and play it 8hrs a day or a guy like me who might get 2hrs in a day. Looking at the leaderboards on GE Reloaded I am in the top 5 in every category. However I don't play it like it's my job. I have a wife and kids and a job. I just choose to spend my time one game at a time so I can get good at that said game and feel compfortable about everytime I get on I am not rusty. I might have 1 or 2 other games that I choose to play in a great while...like a handful of times a month.

Too be honest if you are good at FPS you are good no matter what. It don't matter if you jump on COD, BF3, or Reloaded...if you are good you are good. Obviously you are better if you play the game more and thats why people do. You can't expect to be good and post good score if you jump on for a hour twice a week. Of course you will get smashed. Mostly it comes down to knowing the ins and outs of the game that make the biggest difference. You can't jump on a game play for a week get tore up then quit and say it was because people play too much so I give up. I mean you have to invest SOME time into a game.

If you are the guy who likes to play 4 or 5 games at a time and not get comfortable in one game then well...your own fault you can blame yourself.

This is just my opinion not trying to argue I mean it is what it is...Reloaded is really fun if they would just take the Dang MJR out and decrease the shotguns range.

i understand, that in order to get good at a game (or anything for that matter) you gotta log in your time.... which i've done... and i am fairly decent in FPSs - not great, or special.... but i take my time, and try not get obliterated every round until i learn the levels, and certain areas people like to go..

I play like you, a couple hours every day, or when i get the chance...... the people i was eluding to, were the ones who do play it endlessly - like 8 hours a day, and those who take it way too seriously, like it's their livelihood or their lives at stake...

sorry - but it's a video game, not next week's paycheck.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    YELARAKA wrote:

After a year? I played GE2010Wii two days after it came out and those buzzards had hacked the game. Why do it? It takes so much fun out of the online! [Talking to the hackers] So you've got better weapons... la de ****ing da, I've still got more skill. [Done talking to the hackers]
    Well I did it because I bought a Wii jsut to play Goldeneye because I loved the original so much. It also was an amazing game in my opinion. You have to take into account that it was my first online gaming experience ever so I didn't have much to judge it by. And to be honest I didn't realise there were hacks until 4-5 months into it around april 2011. Sounds dumb but I seriously had no clue about online gaming and assumed that hacking wasn't allowed lol. I started a clan with some buddies around March 2011called [RS] and that kept me really into it. There were the obvious hacks where you could just leave the match like infinite ammo, all weapons, etc.. in the early days. It was when hacks started getting more sneaky that I lost my interest. Hacks like radar, rapid fire, golden bullets that were harder to detect.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    GoldenEye was a main reason I got a Wii, another was because my GameCube stopped working. Another was zombie games. I just don't get it, though, why hack a game? Are you that bad at gaming that in order to get some kills off, you have to hack the game and get yourself good stuff? Are you lazy? Anybody who hacks online games, please answer my question.
    ^^I feel ya man. I think it makes them feel better about themselves, low self esteem lol. Big reason I think is being lazy for sure. In a competative since they prolly are looking for any advantage they can get to appear to be better than you so people think they are good, when they try and use the less obvious ones that is.

Basically they are a bunch of "insert non-approved word that starts with a B" :)
  • I actually played GoldenEye for the N64 last night! After a few minutes of getting used to the controls again (it's been a few years), here are a few items from this game that IMO would have saved GoldenEye; Reloaded.

* The cutscenes: On the N64, there were a few cutscenes, but what made them different from GE:R is the fact that they were few and far between, and while they were going on, you still had complete freedom to move around. In GE:R it was like someone took the controller away from you. And FREQUENTLY. I hate that crap.

* More freedom. Remember how, for example, when you killed too many Scientists, or Natalya got killed, you'd get a 'Mission Failed' popup and that was IT? I miss that. In GE:R when such a thing happens, they force you to start over. It's a game, let us play it!!

* The Cheats. This one most of all, is what made GoldenEye fun to play after beating the game. I'm taking ALL GUNS and INFINITE AMMO. Want to 'sneak' through the Facility with a rocket launcher in one had and a Moonraker Laser in the other? Go ahead! Want to defy Bond logic and run around with TWO Golden Guns? Why not? Now in most FPS you're limited to holding two guns at a time- if you come across a cool gun, you're forced to 'hold x' to swap it with another one.

* OO7 Mode. This was just a simple little feature that you earned by beating the game- it allowed you to mess with the enemies health and damage they give. I always used to push their damage all the way to the top, and their health all the way down. That meant everyone (including me) got killed with one shot-- and you really had to be careful and sneak around like BOND. It was just a simple little feature, but it allowed you to be in complete control.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run through the Dam with invisibility turned on and put a remote mine on every soldiers foot........
    I actually played GoldenEye for the N64 last night! After a few minutes of getting used to the controls again (it's been a few years), here are a few items from this game that IMO would have saved GoldenEye; Reloaded.

* The cutscenes: On the N64, there were a few cutscenes, but what made them different from GE:R is the fact that they were few and far between, and while they were going on, you still had complete freedom to move around. In GE:R it was like someone took the controller away from you. And FREQUENTLY. I hate that crap.

* More freedom. Remember how, for example, when you killed too many Scientists, or Natalya got killed, you'd get a 'Mission Failed' popup and that was IT? I miss that. In GE:R when such a thing happens, they force you to start over. It's a game, let us play it!!

* The Cheats. This one most of all, is what made GoldenEye fun to play after beating the game. I'm taking ALL GUNS and INFINITE AMMO. Want to 'sneak' through the Facility with a rocket launcher in one had and a Moonraker Laser in the other? Go ahead! Want to defy Bond logic and run around with TWO Golden Guns? Why not? Now in most FPS you're limited to holding two guns at a time- if you come across a cool gun, you're forced to 'hold x' to swap it with another one.

* OO7 Mode. This was just a simple little feature that you earned by beating the game- it allowed you to mess with the enemies health and damage they give. I always used to push their damage all the way to the top, and their health all the way down. That meant everyone (including me) got killed with one shot-- and you really had to be careful and sneak around like BOND. It was just a simple little feature, but it allowed you to be in complete control.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run through the Dam with invisibility turned on and put a remote mine on every soldiers foot........

Much as I loved the original, if they had taken all of its features and put them in Reloaded, it would have just been a disappointing remake instead of its own game. Then, we'd be making even more comparisons between the two than the game deserves, and we'd hate the game more than a good many people already do, because it would not only have stripped the original of its story and (the majority of) its characters, but also what made it unique. Love it or hate it, GE2010/GE2010R was what it needed to be, or else no one would have accepted it.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I wanted an opinion- I've long since traded in GoldenEye Reloaded because I found it pretty boring. In a nutshell, I thought the entire game consisted of walking, take cover for shooting gallery, continue.

However, I was at gamestop and noticed the game and Playstation Move gun combo. I'm completely unfamiliar with Playstation Move (sounds like it makes the PS3 play like a Wii)

Could this game be worth another look do you think? Anyone have GoldenEye with the PS Move gun?

*or on second thought maybe I'll just wait for OO7 Legends
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 127
    I was a long time gamer on Goldeneye for Wii and know many many gamers who used the Wii mote, bunch of us keep in touch on the gamefaqs website forums. I know at least a dozen or more who purchased the PS3 Reloaded bundle with the move and were disappointed with the results. I guess you have to recalibrate it constantly and even then it does not handle as well as the Wii mote. I don't know personally because I am a dual analog gamer and went with the XBOX 360 before purchasing Reloaded.
  • oo7oo7
    I think this game felt like eurcom tried to make goldeneye with the twine engine. its was just lackluster, anything of excitement was shown off in trailers. a few passing moments gave room for laughs but its a wii port. ill save my money and get aliens colonial marines when it drops.
  • I just bought this game for xbox 360 a few weeks ago. I beet it and cant figure out how to unlock "Manage Loadouts" on xbox live multi player. It says locked until level 8...??? How do you get to level 8..?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I owned this game back when I had an XBOX 360 and loved it! I now own a PS3 and I'm thinking of buying it but I don't want to if nobody is playing online anymore. Are there still people playing online on the Playstation?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's difficult to find a game these days, it has to be said.
    K_Sturgis wrote:
    I just bought this game for xbox 360 a few weeks ago. I beet it and cant figure out how to unlock "Manage Loadouts" on xbox live multi player. It says locked until level 8...??? How do you get to level 8..?

Its just like any other online FPS. Get kills and earn XP and you level up. It takes maybe 5 games to reach level 8.

Finished it a few weeks ago. Kinda lagged towards the end. Like DAD & OHMSS levels the most.

The Moonraker level I felt guilty of all the death, must have have killed 800 minions. Too much. They needed more sections, hallways and rooms instead a round wide open area.