The next bond long time staying or transitional ?

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
edited December 2015 in Actors Posts: 1,130
As much as we like Dalton or Lazenby we have to admit they looked to the majority of audiences as Transitional Bonds till they found the right one.

So its a miracle that after Pierce who was succesful came another succesful Bond right away.
so that left me thinking what will happen after Craig ?

Will they find another long staying actor or will it be another transitional Bond of one or two movies and latter get the next succesful guy?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd say behind the scenes eon alreay have a shortlist, and the "other fella" will
    be around for a while.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    As far as Eon's concerned, I don't think they've started out with any of their newly hired actors with the idea of them being transitional - even that wasn't the case with Lazenby, so it seems. It all depends on how it pans out; how the public takes to the new Bond, how successful the movie is (and the next movie), what's going on with Eon itself and, thus, how big a gap there is between films.

With so many different factors at work, I'm not sure there's much point in trying to predict the future for the next Bond actor really.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see someone do a one-shot. My dream BOND 25 would actually be Brosnan as a darker, aged Bond in a direct adaptation of the novel THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.. And that would be a one-shot.

I wouldn't :)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'd actually like to see someone do a one-shot. My dream BOND 25 would actually be Brosnan as a darker, aged Bond in a direct adaptation of the novel THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.. And that would be a one-shot.

Fantastic idea. And bring back Wade. He was ace...
    No, no , no. Lol.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    No, no , no. Lol.

"YO - Jimbo!!"
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Brosnan as Older Bond? I'm all in. ;)