The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I like the idea of calling Bond 25, Blofeld. :)
    I prefer Blofeld to Shatterhand as while it's a one word title it's at least a different letter then S
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,518
    Blofeld to me is too blunt, too obvious. Boring. SPECTRE is a little guilty of this too, IMO, but it's grown on me. I definitely don't think it will be called Blofeld, so I'm not too worried about it. If Bond 25 does end up with that name, I'll eat my hat ;)

Names are for Tombstones is a pretty good name too, @HectorGonzalez :) Especially if they want to get away from one word titles and back to "OHMSS" or "FRWL" style of names. Welcome to the forum!
    I am not the biggest fan of Blofeld but at least it isn't an S title ala Shatterhand

How about

The Garden of Death
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,518
    To limit the choices for a Bond film title because of the first letter of the last couple of Bond titles would be a huge creative mistake. A good title is a good title, regardless of the first letter.

The Garden of Death is okay, but again, it's a bit self explanatory. There's no mystery. I thought the title "Skyfall" was fantastic because it was all mystery. It gave nothing away, and the first teaser for the movie heightened the mystery, BIG TIME.

Shatterhand doesn't even have the same mystery as Skyfall did, but it's just a damn cool compound word.
    but Nick 2 S titles in a row and possibly a third one really?
    Who cares? A third S title would indeed be a pattern, but really, if the best title for the next movie happens to start with an S (I'm not saying it's Shatterhand necessarily), I hope they don't throw it away because some people might find it a bit weird that it's the third movie with an S. It's just such a minute detail that it makes no sense to limit creativity over.
    AC/DC made three awesome albums in a row all starting with "F" and no one gets in a tizzy over that ;)
    like I said if Bond 25 winds up being

The Silver Phantom
    Shatterhand
    Shamelady
    the Seventh Stranger
    etc

I won't complain but in my personal opnion I am much more intrigued by
    The Hildebrand Rarity
    The Property of a lady
    Risico
    Blofeld
    Valley of Shadows (see I am not 100% opposed to S in the titles)
    The Inhuman Element
    Etc
    Fair enough. I still say all those titles you listed are more interesting than Blofeld.
    Although I guess if they want to throw back to Dr. No/Goldfinger/Octopussy, they can name it boringly after the villain if they want.
    But even with those three classic examples, their names were indicative of something/quirky/mysterious. Blofeld to me is just a name Fleming gave to the head of SPECTRE because the head of SPECTRE needed a name; nothing more or less. It's just a name. Dr. No, Goldfinger and Octopussy all have an interesting air that Blofeld doesn't have.
    even with JamesSpectre's cool logo you still don't find Blofeld interesting?
    @JamesSpectre really made the logo work, and it does look great, but if they use the name Blofeld and rehash the SPECTRE logo, I think I'd feel cheated.
    These are a couple of logos I worked on for some posters in the Fan Art thread:-

tumblr_nlopeilXZI1rv0z1no1_500.png
    tumblr_nloq7bcSzZ1rv0z1no1_500.png
    tumblr_nloq7bcSzZ1rv0z1no2_500.png
    The Island of Doctor Shatterhand would be different but feels to 50's sci fi adventure
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The Island of Doctor Shatterhand would be different but feels to 50's sci fi adventure

I agree.
    the issue here Is where do we go from here in terms of titles and how they relate to plot personally I think Blofeld should be used at some point. He is too iconic a character not to be used.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    James Bond will return in... HERE COMES UNLUCKY.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Bunt. As in Irma
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,586
    For Queen and Country
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @jake24 I love it!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @jake24 I love it!
    I can't say I made it up, however I think it would make a great title.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    James Bond will return in...ITCHY FINGER.
    My top 3

James Bond Will Return in

Blofeld

James Bond Will Return in

Valley of Shadows

James Bond will return in

The Hildebrand Rarity

• fjdinardo wrote: »
    I am all for eon naming Bond 25 shatter-hand and doing a true screen adaptation of the Novel You Only Live Twice

'Shatterhand' would seem an obvious choice at the moment. Although, the first syllable being 'shat' has put me off more recently!

Plundering, the YOLT novel does throw up some ok chapter titles:

The Death Collector
    Slay it with Flowers
    One Golden Day
    Something Evil Comes This Way
    Blood and Thunder

Then there's the 'Castle/Garden of Death'

The YOLT title apparently comes from a Basho haiku poem...no idea if he's got any more good ones?!

No way are they calling a Bond movie Shatterhand.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Please not Blofeld. It's too obvious, lazy,and bland as everyone was calling for it moments after SPECTRE's title was revealed. Give me a true Bondian title!
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Please use Shatterhand, Risico or Property of a Lady. I feel a good story can be built around any of these titles based on what we saw developed in SP.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    Property of a Lady.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    -Blofeld returns
    -The dark scarred rises
    -Spectre: resurrection
    -episode V: a new mope
    -Q: the nano blood revenge
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Birdleson wrote: »
    There is an opening for THE HIDEBRANT RARITY now.

I'd say the use of that name as an in-joke in SP has intentionally killed off any possibility of it being used as a film title. No great loss.