Your three favourite scenes from SPECTRE (Spoilers)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Simply too many to choose from, however I think the one's @RC7 listed are spot on. Those were real stand outs for me.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Saw it yesterday and off the top of my head I'd go:

1. Mexico PTS - Pretty much flawless (minor niggles about CGI in building collapse). Even managed to get away with a penny-whistle in the helicopter barrel-roll. All future Bonds will be judged by this.

2. Rome SPECTRE meeting Not as good IMO as the one in TB but still incredibly atmospheric and menacing.

3. London - Q meeting/Bond steals the DB10 Wishaw was great in this, love his interaction with Craig and the way this scene ends with the champagne bucket and "oh shit..."

Unlike some others, not that crazy on the torture scene. Blofeld's motivation for it didn't really make sense to me and have issues with how he looked (you can't be menaced by a man with no socks). The cat seemed unnecessary too. Not to mention the fact, that Bond wasn't affected in the slightest afterwards by having holes drilled in his head.

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    1. Mexico City. Blows the one from Skyfall away which I thought was good. Spectre has the best PTS yet for Craig's tenure as 007.

2. SPECTRE meeting. The 'I'm Mickey Mouse" line Craig delivered was hilarious. But the dark scene that followed was anything but. Very tension and I felt as nervous as the other SPECTRE members there when Blofeld made his entrance. Thats not a meeting I'd like to attend in the office..lol

3. It was either the train fight with Hinx or the torture scene. I'd have to go with the torture scene. Simple but executed perfectly. I was cringing when 007's head was being drilled. It was a "wtf" and "ouch" moment for me..haha.. Then came the Omega watch being a bomb... So cool! There goes a US$6000 watch...lol.. And the whole explosion of the complex was spectacular that finishes up the sequence nicely.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Three? What do you mean, three!?
    Now if you had said 30 :))

1. gun barrel to Rome
    2. Austria to the Volcano
    3. Meeting Oberhauser to Bond going to Q's at the end.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Can't really put them in order, might take a few more viewings.
    Spectre meeting.
    Q, Scene
    Torture scene.
    1. Waltz and Craig meeting face to face at the end.

2. SPECTRE meeting

3. Bond-Hinx fight on the train

Also the torture scene. These 4 were great scenes and I like them in no particular order
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

1. gun barrel to Rome

Volcano? It's a meteor impact crater which is suppose to remind you of Blofeld's volcano lair (pinky to mouth) just another visual clue to who Oberhauser really is.

1. gun barrel to Rome

Volcano? It's a meteor impact crater which is suppose to remind you of Blofeld's volcano lair (pinky to mouth) just another visual clue to who Oberhauser really is.

Yes of course :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 40,492
    1.) The train fight. Brutal, gritty, classic, and the fact that it lacked any type of score made it that much better. I could've done without the way Hinx was dispatched, but still, phenomenal scene. All I asked for when I knew this fight was going to happen was that it be brutal and that Bond gets his ass handed to him, and both of those happened. The way Bond manages to use tons of different items as a weapon while still being thrown through walls and tables blew me away. I'd say it's in the top three fights in the Bond series for me.

2.) The PTS, especially the first five minutes. The score, the tracking shot, how absolutely cool Bond and Sciarra look in their costumes. I loved it.

3.) The car chase in Rome OR the Morocco base attack/torture sequence. The former was stated as 'underwhelming' by a lot of people, but I loved it and found it to be very thrilling with some nice interjected humor. The latter scenes were simply intense and so OTT Bondian, I loved the whole makeup of it, especially that final shot of Bond and Madeleine standing there (I think he says something to her, can't recall what) followed by that massive, record-breaking explosion.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    1. The Mexico City tracking shot
    2. The Clinic: two great lines here, one regarding the nutrition shake (cut out the middle man) and the other telling the security guard to stay put.
    3. The Tangier hotel room, including the mouse.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TripAces wrote: »
    1. The Mexico City tracking shot
    2. The Clinic: two great lines here, one regarding the nutrition shake (cut out the middle man) and the other telling the security guard to stay put.
    3. The Tangier hotel room, including the mouse.

Regarding #2, I like that he just points at him like a dog and says "No!" or "Stay!" or something. Made me laugh.

That mouse scene was great, as well.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    1. Train fight (So excited to see one of these again. Love the conclusion with Bond and Swann. One of the many ways SPECTRE links the franchise with its past).
    2. Torture scene (Brutal. Couldn't even look some of the time. Love the escape as well.).
    3. Destruction of Mi6 building. (Bond saves Swann. Clinched the deal for me. Love the conclusion).
    edited November 2015 Posts: 538
    RC7 wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So when Oberhausen mentioned his new name, I made a fist and silently screamed "HELL YEAH". This is straight-up 007gasm for me.

Me too. The look he gives Bond when he calls him Franz, then the cat... arrrrgh. So good.

Wish I could have watched it with one of you guys. No one in the audience said a thing after Franz revealed himself. I settled for the fist pump as well. Was some pumped about this film … almost passed out during the PTS.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2015 Posts: 16,333
    Did anyone think of Octopussy during the Chess scene with Bond and White? I was thinking of the whole Bond tracking down Major Dexter Smythe and confronting him, and Smythe ultimately killing himself part. Also Octopussy being Smythe's daughter. I loved the hidden Fleming references throughout.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 12,274
    1. The PTS - I decided it's my third favorite in the series, closely behind CR and GE. It's just a fantastic sequence, and I already can't wait to see it in the theater again.
    2. Bond and White's reunion - I was looking forward to seeing White again ever since 2008, and I thought they did a great job with this scene. I almost pitied White, and it was well-done how they gave his character humanity by showing his love for his daughter.
    3. SPECTRE Meeting - a great, chilling scene with a lot of creepy pauses. I just really enjoyed the whole sequence, from Bond getting in to being found out.

I also really like the scenes in Austria (particularly the action sequence), the train fight, and the last 25 minutes. I know many felt disappointed, but I really liked the finale - especially when Bond talks to Blofeld before the explosion.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Did anyone think of Octopussy during the Chess scene with Bond and White? I was thinking of the whole Bond tracking down Major Dexter Smythe and confronting him, and Smythe ultimately killing himself part. Also Octopussy being Smythe's daughter. I loved the hidden Fleming references throughout.

I was actually thinking FRWL with the chess scene. Good observation on your part about the Smythe reference.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    1. First third
    2. Middle
    3. Last third. :D
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    1. First third
    2. Middle

Absolutely.
    And I wish there was a fourth third :))
    1. First third
    2. Middle

Snap........i was just about to post exactly the same thing you did.............that's the second time you have beaten me recently here, to posting a smart ass comment! :))

1. gun barrel to Rome
    2. Austria to the crater

@mepal1
    @mcdonbb

I was first tee-hee :))
    if in a more subtle way

:)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    FoxRox wrote: »
    1. The PTS - I decided it's my third favorite in the series, closely behind CR and GE. It's just a fantastic sequence, and I already can't wait to see it in the theater again.

Do you mean the actual PTS in CR or, as so many people seem to think, the post-PTS free running action beat? Hope you mean the actual PTS which I like too, great intro to DC's Bond.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Do you mean the actual PTS in CR or, as so many people seem to think, the post-PTS free running action beat? Hope you mean the actual PTS which I like too, great intro to DC's Bond.

Yeah the actual PTS is what I mean.
  • JNOJNO Finland
    Mexico, the scenes with Lucia and the Spectre meeting, Lake Altaussee with mr White, L´Americain, the train sequence and the happenings in the villain´s lair... some say the ending wasn´t good but I liked it also. It was different than usual.

There´s so much to like in Spectre!

Still my absolute favorite is the Spectre meeting. You can´t beat that atmosphere and mood.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mepal1 wrote: »
    1. First third
    2. Middle

Snap........i was just about to post exactly the same thing you did.............that's the second time you have beaten me recently here, to posting a smart ass comment! :))

Great minds run on the same track. :D

(Conversely I guess the other minds are on the other track. I'm not sure which track I'm on so you're welcome to jump carriages.)
  • DariusDarius UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 354
    On only two viewings, it's difficult to say definitively, but at the moment...

The Dead are Alive

This sequence is worth the price of admission alone. The long tracking shot evokes Hitchcock's movie Rope and creates an immediacy and involvement that more traditional narration techniques lack. It's almost like found footage, but doesn't quite go this far.

Welcome James...

This SPECTRE board meeting is truly spooky and with all the gothic stops pulled out it almost literally makes your flesh crawl at the sheer power and fear that Oberhauser/Blofeld wields. All that's missing is the calm implacable face of the Persian cat as Hinx brutally blinds then murders the hapless minion with his bare hands.

A kite flying in a hurricane

A brilliantly written scene with plenty of character conflict and dialogue that oozes portent. In the hands of inferior actors, this scene could easily have fallen on its face, but Craig and Christensen pull it off masterfully.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    1. Mexico - the only real inventive thing they did in this film
    2. LAmericaine - the only time the film slowed down to breathe and it was welcome. A nice moment that they should have done more with.
    3. Sciarra funeral - the way Bond talks to Lucia, and her reaction. This is when I knew we were getting a real Bond film this time, finally...
    PTS
    Train Fight
    The climax in london, suprised? I was actually quite pumped through it, this may change on my next viewing though...
  • BaronSamedi1993BaronSamedi1993 San Monique
    My three favourites scenes!

1- Mexico Opening Credits.
    2- Spectre Meeting in Rome.
    3- Oberhauser Revelation in HQ Spectre.

• 1. The whole pre-credit sequence in Mexico. Might be my favorite in all of Craig's films, actually.
    2. The mouse!
    3. The fight on the train.
    1. PTS
    2. Snowplane
    3. Vivaldi and Sciarra