If (SPECTRE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!)... THEN WHY NOT...?

2»

Comments

• DariusDarius UK
    I say we draw the line at Irma Bunt and leave it at that. She naturally goes with ESB (like the cat), so why not?
  • I feel like if they continue with the SPECTRE story line then Irma Bunt will definitely be part of the next chapter and maybe the elimination of Blofeld. Hopefully with a story line that includes world domination, the formulaic Bond plot line the Craig era has lacked.
  • I think Blofeld works because he's previously been played by different actors, and has been encountered by different Bonds, so we're automatically used to him showing up in different incarnations and eras. Deciding to bring back, say Scaramanga would be getting into different territory. Though a case could be made for making the true Fleming version of Scaramanga which was very different from the film version.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wouldn t mind bringing any Fleming characters from Fleming back, but agree that Blofeld is in a league of his own due to him recurring in several books and films before.
  • DariusDarius UK
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    I think Blofeld works because he's previously been played by different actors, and has been encountered by different Bonds, so we're automatically used to him showing up in different incarnations and eras. Deciding to bring back, say Scaramanga would be getting into different territory. Though a case could be made for making the true Fleming version of Scaramanga which was very different from the film version.

You know, the more I think about his, the more I warm to the idea. I wasn't that fond of the Christopher Lee version of Scaramanga, so maybe a reinvention more along the line of Fleming's original would work well.