SPECTRE - Press reviews and personal reviews (BEWARE! Spoiler reviews allowed)

11314161819103

Comments

  • Posts: 1,552
    @Gustav_Graves are you going to repost reviews you've already shown with new reviews added on, or just new reviews?
  • Posts: 11,119
    JCRendle wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves are you going to repost reviews you've already shown with new reviews added on, or just new reviews?

    Nope. I opened a new topic for that, which is spoiler-free :-):
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13462/spectre-official-critics-review-topic-accumulative-topic-no-spoilers-just-links#latest

    So far half of the reviews have 5 stars, other half have 4 stars, and only two of them have 3 stars.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Posts: 9,021
    JCRendle wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves are you going to repost reviews you've already shown with new reviews added on, or just new reviews?

    Nope. I opened a new topic for that, which is spoiler-free :-):
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13462/spectre-official-critics-review-topic-accumulative-topic-no-spoilers-just-links#latest

    So far half of the reviews have 5 stars, other half have 4 stars, and only two of them have 3 stars.

    you mean of the reviews that you included ;)

    Financial Times has it at 2 out of 5 stars, and there are way more than only two 3 stars ratings, just saying :)
  • Posts: 11,119
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Just read thorugh endless tweets and can't say any notixceable negativity. Mostly very positive. They did it. I still think, people overall will like it better in the end, as it went back more to the Bond many wanted to see again.
    Like:
    Simon Conway ‏@SimonConway 13m13 minutes ago
    #Spectre was a brilliant mix of contemporary and classic @007. Loved characters, humour and cinematography. Daniel Craig's best #Bond yet.
    Good interview
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p035vf5n

    Finally the most genuine, lovely, funny interview I've heard. Nick Grimshaw is so funny, positive, has lots of self-depreciating humour, and is the first presenter who openly shouts: "I want you to stay 007 forever man! Let's organize a petition <<Daniel Craig needs to stay!>> and the entire world signs it!". You could feel/hear that Daniel Craig really liked this remark :-). The man deserves such a remark, instead of hearing constantly the same question over and over again....
  • Posts: 4,309
    I love the way they both drop the T: "Aston Mar-ins"
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Based on reviews and what fans here tend to gravitate to imo SP may stand the test of time better than SF.
    Agreed. We will also be watching SP in 4K in our home theatres in a couple of years, whereas (for me - the boring) SF will always be limited to max 1080p.

    skyfall was shot on 2,7k which is twice the quality of 1080p but SP will be sure better on 4k which is 4 times better than 1080p
  • Posts: 6,601
    @ Jason, for some reason all your posts circle around the few negative review, as if admitting there are WAY more very positive ones is not your cup of tea.

    You maybe want to sound like the voice of reason, but it only sounds negative on purpose. I wonder, why this is.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,203
    JCRendle wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves are you going to repost reviews you've already shown with new reviews added on, or just new reviews?

    Nope. I opened a new topic for that, which is spoiler-free :-):
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13462/spectre-official-critics-review-topic-accumulative-topic-no-spoilers-just-links#latest

    So far half of the reviews have 5 stars, other half have 4 stars, and only two of them have 3 stars.

    you mean of the reviews that you included ;)

    Financial Times has it at 2 out of 5 stars, and there are way more than only two 3 stars ratings, just saying :)

    Financial Times is not the place I'd go to for an expert film review. Just like GQ is not where I'd go for investment advice.
  • When can we expect kermodes review?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    jorbri66 wrote: »
    When can we expect kermodes review?

    Yes very anxious for his opinion.

  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Posts: 505
    2pm on Five Live tomorrow afternoon, plus interview with Mr Mendes.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    The worlds media waking up are now posting their reviews.

    The Aussie press love the film "New James Bond film is 007 at his best"
    A California paper said "Dan, Waltz battle has only just begun, what one gets the Oscar"
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2015 Posts: 804
    So with regards to gadgets in the movie, was the Omega watch a gadget used in the movie? Would love to know more details about it.... Was it a buzzsaw? Did it have laser? Was it a detonator? Or was it a bomb?

    22397099381_ce9bbc72a5.jpg
  • Posts: 1,552
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So with regards to gadgets in the movie, was the Omega watch a gadget used in the movie? Would love to know more details about it.... Was it a buzzsaw? Did it have laser? Was it a detonator? Or was it a bomb?

    22397099381_ce9bbc72a5_b.jpg
    I think it told the time

    ;)
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    jorbri66 wrote: »
    When can we expect kermodes review?

    Yes very anxious for his opinion.

    Why? Horror films are his obsession, not Bond.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2015 Posts: 804
    JCRendle wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So with regards to gadgets in the movie, was the Omega watch a gadget used in the movie? Would love to know more details about it.... Was it a buzzsaw? Did it have laser? Was it a detonator? Or was it a bomb?

    [img]https://c2..com/6/5693/22397099381_ce9bbc72a5_b.jpg[/img]
    I think it told the time

    ;)

    Yeah no kidding. I asked because there was a concept art going around of the watch being a gadget. Looks like some sort of detonator. Was wondering if it was used as a gadget in the final cut as per the concept art...

    20565814886_4b377f4d6b_c.jpg
  • Posts: 1,552
    imranbecks wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So with regards to gadgets in the movie, was the Omega watch a gadget used in the movie? Would love to know more details about it.... Was it a buzzsaw? Did it have laser? Was it a detonator? Or was it a bomb?

    [img]https://c2..com/6/5693/22397099381_ce9bbc72a5_b.jpg[/img]
    I think it told the time

    ;)

    Yeah no kidding. I asked because there was a concept art going around of the watch being a gadget. Looks like some sort of detonator. Was wondering if it was used as a gadget in the final cut as per the concept art...

    20565814886_4b377f4d6b_c.jpg

    My response was related to a review that said Q's response to Bond asking what it does is him saying "It tells the time"...
  • Any word from Marketto?
  • Marketto is going at sunday press screening, Not the yesterday one
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,203
    Matt007 wrote: »

    The final paragraph in that review succinctly states the sentiment across all of the reviews.

  • Posts: 3,459
    The reviews do seem to be on the positive side, which is great, and no one seems to be bothered by SP running time. So it looks like Mendes has again paced the movie well, one of the good things that he did with SF. Also, I am taking solace that most are saying it's not like Skyfall, watched it again last night and it's still an underwhelming movie imo!
    (Watched CR and QOS beforeit and my opinion hasn't changed on them either. CR sublime, QoS under-rated) Only four more days to go for me to see SP, really looking forward to it now!
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    no one seems to be bothered by SP running time. So it looks like Mendes has again paced the movie well, one of the good things that he did with SF.

    I wouldn't say that, I've largely avoided most reviews, but a good portion I've seen have suggested it is overlong.
  • Posts: 1,087
    TripAces wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »

    The final paragraph in that review succinctly states the sentiment across all of the reviews.

    In that case I'm excited. Im looking forward to something more of a throw back to the Bond of old.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,203
    RC7 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    no one seems to be bothered by SP running time. So it looks like Mendes has again paced the movie well, one of the good things that he did with SF.

    I wouldn't say that, I've largely avoided most reviews, but a good portion I've seen have suggested it is overlong.

    It makes me wonder why they wouldn't have just done what was initially reported: film enough for two movies. They'd already have B25 in the can, for 2016 release.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    RC7 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    no one seems to be bothered by SP running time. So it looks like Mendes has again paced the movie well, one of the good things that he did with SF.

    I wouldn't say that, I've largely avoided most reviews, but a good portion I've seen have suggested it is overlong.

    But even the more negative reviews at least state the film is entertaining ...at least that's my take.
  • Posts: 38
    The review by Ben Williams is exactly what I was hoping for. Some fans have written it has taken Craig 3 movies to become Bond. I disagree. I like the way Craig and team rebooted the character and the series before tackling all of the iconic Bond themes ie Spectre, gadgets, and cars. The time is right for Spectre. Mendes and Craig are the right team to do it. I am ready for this. Expectations are high for me
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    Question for anyone who has read the spoilers or seen the film!

    I did not like SF that much, I liked Qos and CR much better. They claim this film isn't on the level SF was at though. Is this coming from a standard audience perspective? How does it look for a die hard classic Bond fan??

    The movie looks like it could be Craig's best Bond film and Top 5 Best Bond films.. Maybe it's just me, but from what I have seen I feel like this movie could be really good.

    So how does this place in Craig's Bond series so far???

    My list is

    CR, Qos, SF in order
  • Posts: 6,601
    One thing seems clear throughout. No one so far touched DC's performance. All seem to praise it.
Sign In or Register to comment.