SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

antovolk wrote: »
    HI-RES SCREENCAPS - 137 of them, at least one per each shot in the trailer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/antovolk/sets/72157656192638072

Thanks for sharing.

The Youtube 1080p version doesn't even look half as crisp and clean as the above quality. Possibly it's just me too, but I only ever truly begin to grasp and appreciate how beautiful the cinematography of any film is, when viewing stills side by side like above.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 203
    AWESOME TRAILER! this movie is going to be our generations TB! one thing i am hoping for is more color in the final film ... less orange! more Deakins!
  • zerozerozerozero The far far east
    Hooray for Nehru collars!! Glad to see that make a comeback. Hope they leave the cat out of it. Give Blofeld something original. A mouse or gerbil :D
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Very impressive and even more so if you grew up or familiar with the classic Bond mythos..

Anyone notice that at 1:26 on the wall engraving, the name Emma Pill (Peel) is listed?
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    edited July 2015 Posts: 1,138
    RC7 wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    I noticed the scarring in waltz right off. Not as obvious as Donald pleasance, but still unmistakable.

The scarring?

Um, yeah. In the photo marketto shared Waltz is unarguably scarred. Or is your question about the meaning of the word?
    Ugh I must know what happened to Quantum and about Mr. White - this has been on my mind since 08 :-SS
    mfmcgreal wrote: »
    HI-RES SCREENCAPS - 137 of them, at least one per each shot in the trailer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/antovolk/sets/72157656192638072

Thanks for sharing.

The Youtube 1080p version doesn't even look half as crisp and clean as the above quality. Possibly it's just me too, but I only ever truly begin to grasp and appreciate how beautiful the cinematography of any film is, when viewing stills side by side like above.

The download link to the super-HD copy is coming...in an hour :P
    If CW isn't Blofeld after this I don't know who is!
  • RC7RC7
    I noticed the scarring in waltz right off. Not as obvious as Donald pleasance, but still unmistakable.

The scarring?

Um, yeah. In the photo marketto shared Waltz is unarguably scarred. Or is your question about the meaning of the word?

I don't see any scarring, other than the scar Waltz already has.

Christoph-Waltz-25918.jpg

If Oberhauser is to appear scarred all things point to it being in the finale. It's not something they'd show in the trailer.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 14,816
    =bg= wrote: »
    OK here's a spoiler maybe:

I am tired, but if it is a spoiler it completely escapes me.
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Some people won't believe he is Blofeld until they see a cat. And a scar. And a bald head.

No but more seriously, he is by far the most likely candidate. I have always been an advocate of the Jekyll & Hyde twist, now more than ever.
    One word :

WOW !!!!!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking this might be the old MI6?

y1A1C6m.png

Could be, a shootingrange with Bond as the target?(far right) Seems pretty strange.

There are a few shots of Bond in that gear, which he's wearing in the boat on the Thames, wandering around what looks like an abandoned building. There's also the memorial wall with his name scrawled on it, which makes me think it must be the old MI6. I froze the frame on the memorial wall, but no sign of Tiago Rodriguez. Thought they might have dropped that in as a little easter egg.

"Your name is on a memorial wall of the very building you attacked. I will have it struck off. Soon your past will be as nonexistent as your future. I'll never see you again. " -- M

As far as my thoughts on the trailer: Brilliant! I'm so freaking excited now. I'm a kite floating in a hurricane of happiness.

@Gerard I posted that exact same sentiment on Facebook along with the trailer :D
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    mfmcgreal wrote: »

Thanks for sharing.

The download link to the super-HD copy is coming...in an hour :P

Thank you! @antovolk
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I tried to resist, but failed.

I think a lot of us caved to the pressure.

Me when I was watching it: 8-| :-O
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,675
    Double post.
    the "super-HD" copy with the highest quality video and surround sound audio for your home theatres:

https://mega.co.nz/#!t48hiY6B!NSYjcCIKOMAva-eNh2IeoaZYkiwwX9WrRIxKOrX5arE

(if you have issues with dialogue coming from the left hand side, switch to the second Dolby Digital AC3 track. Turns out it's an issue with some older players and VLC player with LPCM lossless audio)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @antovolk, many thanks! Any idea why the download size is 610 MB?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @antovolk, many thanks! Any idea why the download size is 610 MB?

That's the quality for you, the maximum possible for home viewing - the same size the trailer would be if it was on a Blu-ray disc. The HD lossless audio itself is around 130 MB. The source file used (the official Sony press master copy) is around 3GB! :O

@antovolk, that's amazing, thanks for doing this! Cannot wait to fire this bad boy up a little later on tonight, I've still only watched the new trailer once.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    thank you @antovolk for the video and HQ stills! The trailer is amazing
    @antovolk, you're the best. Skipped through a few portions of that HQ trailer (don't want to rewatch it again until tonight, where I'll be using headphones and blasting it at loud volumes directly into my skull. Should be healthy.) and the audio/video quality is unreal. Thank you!!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    The quality is lovely! Much, much better than the YT one.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Based on the HD pics by @antovolk (and a very big thanks for that), it seems each location has it's distinct cinematography and look. Mexico is all bright and yellow, London is 'metallic', Austria ' cold-grey' and Rome seems 'dark and fire'
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    4on7v2K.png
    Seeing this makes me think of this classic Barry piece.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Ludovico wrote: »
    =bg= wrote: »
    OK here's a spoiler maybe:

I am tired, but if it is a spoiler it completely escapes me.
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Some people won't believe he is Blofeld until they see a cat. And a scar. And a bald head.

No but more seriously, he is by far the most likely candidate. I have always been an advocate of the Jekyll & Hyde twist, now more than ever.

Looks like something that was previously blown up big-time, no?

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Murdock wrote: »
    4on7v2K.png
    Seeing this makes me think of this classic Barry piece.

ever since Gassner took over as Production Designer in QOS, i have been in awe of his post-modern modernism style he brings to the Bond films... he is no Ken Adam (few are) but he brings a touch of style back... with all do respect to Peter Lamont, i always felt his work during the Brosnan years to be very bland and lacking any sort of character - except for his work on CR, which were a far cry from the 'meh' set pieces of TWINE and DAD.... but Gassner's work from QOS on has been striking, and it looks like he's bested himself yet again with SP..
    Based on the HD pics by @antovolk (and a very big thanks for that), it seems each location has it's distinct cinematography and look. Mexico is all bright and yellow, London is 'metallic', Austria ' cold-grey' and Rome seems 'dark and fire'
    Cold and grey at lake Altausee, but more cold and white in Solden.

Did they make this trailer before the Morocco shoot? Because there are no exterior scenes shown from Morocco at all. I'd take it these will be bright and brownish, too.
    Amazing trailer! I wonder how many times I've watched it already!

Looks like Bond's dressing gown has been ditched. It seems they definitely re-shot most /all the scenes in Bond's flat with Moneypenny, as the clapperboards suggested. You can see him in his shirt and holster now.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Did they make this trailer before the Morocco shoot?

i would imagine so - at the very least it was probably still being worked on when the shoot was taking place.