At last. Reading the originals!

Hi Everyone,

New on here. 50 this year and been a JB fan seems forever. However,amazingly, have never read any of the original books. Until now - just finished CR. Fantastic. What I found most amazing is how little the story has really dated - even though it was first published in 1953. A real page turner. At last I know what all the fuss is about! On to LALD now!

As far as cinematic Bond goes my personal favourite will always be SC. However re watched TD's two movies at the weekend and have to say he did an excellent job. Definitely a man before his time.

Comments

• carlos_D29carlos_D29 Houston,TX
    You really are going to enjoy From Russia With Love, such a great book.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Darren wrote:
    re watched TD's two movies at the weekend and have to say he did an excellent job. Definitely a man before his time.

Hi Darren! Yes, Dalton was an amazing Bond IMO, and glad to say welcome!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i really enjoyed LALD - sure, it may be dated from a social standpoint (because of the use of some derogatory terms).. but even still, I found it just as entertaining -if not more so- than CR..
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Welcome to the forum, @Darren. First of all, this isn't a general discussion. Secondly, we have review threads for the Fleming novels and other threads in the Literary 007 section.
This discussion has been closed.