Autumnwatch/Springwatch

Anybody else watching these programs? I am a big fan, one of the great TV discoveries when I moved into the UK. I love Autumnwatch the most, because autumn is my favorite season, but Springwatch is still great fun. Anyway it's on right now. There is nothing quite like British wildlife.

Comments

They are fantastic shows. Just sadly do not have the time to sit and appreciate them. So we make our garden as wildlife friendly as possible.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Same here. I try to encourage wildlife in my garden. Love Chris Packham
    NicNac wrote: »

Yeah he really is great. I think he could quite easily take over from the legendary David Attenborough?
    They are all amazing, I think.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »

Yeah he really is great. I think he could quite easily take over from the legendary David Attenborough?

We have always said the same.
    My favourite is Michaela Strachan I think, because she has such a bright face and smile.

She really has an idyllic life: she spends most of her life in South Africa (or so my wife told me), except when she goes to do Autumnwatch/Springwatch/Winterwatch. She comes to the UK for the best time in the year.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 14,800
    It is the last Autumnwatch episode of the season and has anybody noticed how many allusion to Bond movies Chris Packham did? He even did a slip about Holly Goodhead that got Michaela Strachan as confused as she was embarrassed.
    He got through loads of Bond film references. And when his colleague called a photographer 'The man with the golden camera' Packham whipped a golden gun out of his pocket and said 'better than one of these?'
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, watch the Bond titles episode, at first I thought I was hearing things but they
    Kept coming. :)) " A Skyfall of starlings" etc.
    Packham is amazing. But what got into him?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Packham is amazing. But what got into him?

He's on the BBC Gravy Train like all the rest of them!
    He is an amazing presenter.