CAMEO-007 APPEARANCES!

edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 2
For the franchise's 50th Anniversary, I would be interested to see some past Bond names making brief cameo appearances in Skyfall. For example, Sean Connery as a Police Inspector, or Jane Seymour and Britt Ekland in some capacity. I would hope that the film, however, does try to load too many blatant nods to the past as Die Another Day did.

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    no.
    I would like to see four old men play bridges in the background (=Connery, Moore, Lazenby & Dalton) that would be a great moment. No active cameos.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    no.
    I agree with this simple yet significant answer.
  • I would like to see four old men play bridges in the background (=Connery, Moore, Lazenby & Dalton) that would be a great moment. No active cameos.
    That's the idea I'm getting at. Not detracting from the pace of the film, just nice little "Spot-The-Bond-Name'
  • For me if it did happen then i'd be happy to see Joe Don Baker, Diana Rigg, Maud Adams, Carole Bouqet & John Rhys Davies in the picture as small cameos.

If not then I hope we see them & more at a special 50th party in London maybe held at Pinewood Studios hint hint.

We need a public event to celebrate 50 years of 007.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,691
    It would be fun if SkyFall was be similar to 'Where is Charlie ?' (Mais où est Charlie ?) and we had to spot the 5 other Bond's in a crowd or background or something. Not blatant speaking cameos, but ones where the viewers would need to stay alert during the entire film to spot them.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Richard Kiel. No seriously- Jaws, his wife Dolly and their very 'unique-looking' children.
    the children of space and the future aka red grant....oh boy oh!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I don't mind some cameos, as long as they're properly handled. The problem is that I can't see any possible way to use an ex-Bond actor and do this without it being a big cock-up other than Dalton being M, but other than that, none of the other actors in cameos.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It won't happen. It didn't happen in DAD, it won't happen in Skyfall.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2011 Posts: 12,459
    It could happen if done really skillfully - but I do not think the filmmakers are concentrating on getting these cameos in ... maybe they could be in the background scene during the end credits? Just a thought. Or the beginning. But as a serious kick ass Bond film, it would be not so easy to know where to put these. That aside, I would love to see them briefly, too, as a discreet nod. As long as not taking away from the film.
    What I would love (and I know wouldn't happen) is for there to be a video before the start of the movie with the actors saying "thanks for 50 years of Bond" or something like that. Stupid idea I know but I like it
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I don't mind some cameos, as long as they're properly handled. The problem is that I can't see any possible way to use an ex-Bond actor and do this without it being a big cock-up other than Dalton being M, but other than that, none of the other actors in cameos.
    If it's a voice-less, say, two-second long, walk-on-and-off cameo, it could certainly work. Such a cameo from Sir Rog'd be awesome (I would say that, biut hey) - one such from Lazers or Timbo'd be nice too. One from either Conners or The Brozzer is highly unlikely, I suspect.

In fact, such a cameo from any Bond alumnus'd be welcome, for me. But less than a handful, given this isn't going to be an overblown, MR/ DAD-style flick. Otherwise, if they did go down the cameo route more, say with roles, they'd have to do it right, in the manner they did with bringing back YOLT's Tsai Chin in CR as Madame Wu (although that technically was more than a cameo). Anyhoo, I think you catch my drift...

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    it would be funny, if they were in a hall, or office, that had some paintings - "of dignitaries" but they were in fact previous actors or actresses from the Bond franchise...

kind of like the painting of Bernard Lee in TWINE..... it's in the background, and not distracting.. but it's a fun easter egg for those who pay attention.

thats the only way i think i could accept a cameo in this film.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,699
    I think Conners, Lazers, Sir Rog, Timbo and, yes, The Brozzer should all leap out of easter eggs bobbing on the water during the tensest possible moment in a speedboat chase.

Then again, on second thoughts... ;)
    I think Conners, Lazers, Sir Rog, Timbo and, yes, The Brozzer should all leap out of easter eggs bobbing on the water during the tensest possible moment in a speedboat chase.

Then again, on second thoughts... ;)
    all i think of is that bit in "I Am The Walrus" from the Beatles RockBand game video.... right @3:00
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 42
    It'd be hard to get the first Bond (Connery) to back on screen even as cameo. He's retired and finds retirement too enjoyable. For others (Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan) maybe possible, but having those ex-Bond actors as cameo role would harsh the film if it's not handed properly. The only possible way to make all this ex-Bond Actors reunite, is when the gala premier is held. There maybe possibility to gather them all in the premier, including some of the Bond Girls, allies also the villains and henchmen/sidekicks.
    The previous Bonds making cameos to celebrate the anniversary?

No. It would be too much of a distraction, and self-referential stunts really dragged DIE ANOTHER DAY down (even when it was being sensible). I think they should be included in the documentary of the film's production instead.

It's almost a given that MGW will make a cameo; he does it for almost every film (and sometimes it's fun trying to spot him). I think Babs probably should, too - I don't think she has before.

I was also reading a report that the new "Boris Bus" could be featured in SKYFALL. If that's the case, I reckon Boris Johnson should have a cameo as the bus driver when Bond zips by.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There can be only one Bond in a film. That's it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I would like to see four old men play bridges in the background (=Connery, Moore, Lazenby & Dalton) that would be a great moment. No active cameos.
    I've always had that same idea myself... but why only those four and not Brosnan with them???
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I want to see Sheriff J.W. Pepper and his third wife, Bibi Dahl.
    I've always had that same idea myself... but why only those four and not Brosnan with them???
    How many are needed to play bridge? :-D

Okay, five men that look vaguely familiar playing cards in the background while Craig strides through the lobby of an hotel. With a gentle played Bondtheme in the soundtrack right at that moment.

It is still possible while all are alive.

edited November 2011 Posts: 13,977
    @haserot

You mentioned the painting of Bernard Lee in TWINE. I'd like to see a painting of Fleming somewhere in the background in Skyfall.
    @QBranch

I can never find that painting. Can you please tell me where it is?
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,977
    The Bernard Lee painting in TWINE? I 'm pretty sure it's in the large room (new MI6 building in Scotland) where Bond asks M if she's taking King's death personal. Remember that scene? I think it's at 4:17 minutes in.

">The World is Not Enough part 3
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm pretty sure Bernard Lee turned in his grave when he learned his painting was in TWINE, of all movies...
    I'm pretty sure Bernard Lee turned in his grave when he learned his painting was in TWINE, of all movies...
    That one made me laugh, very nice, DC.

As ridiculous as it would be (and also knowing it will never happen), I've always thought Timothy Dalton would make a phenomenal 'M'. One hopes... ;-)
  • DSRDSR
    love that Fleming painting idea...I want a DB5 cameo.
  • BFGBFG
    For me if it did happen then i'd be happy to see Joe Don Baker, Diana Rigg, Maud Adams, Carole Bouqet & John Rhys Davies in the picture as small cameos.

If not then I hope we see them & more at a special 50th party in London maybe held at Pinewood Studios hint hint.

We need a public event to celebrate 50 years of 007.
    I agree with the public event idea. I am heading for Pinewood at end of the month for the annual convention so should be a nice day out.

Not sure about having too many cameos maybe just one or two. I'd prefer a TV feature with all those you mentioned being interviewed so I think that could be looked at.

• We don't need former Bond personnel in next years release, 50th anniversary or not, this is supposed to be a stand alone movie in he franchise not necessarily in association with anything that came before it, the only Bond relevance we need is Daniel Craig humself and not other faces from years past, I think it would only put the picture back or make it less tangible rather than seem appealing or 'that's nice' from a viewers perspective

Would you really want Craig going about his business in a serious attitude and see Dalton or Brosnan in the background with some double taking pigeons or whatever they insist on including. It's imperative they go about this upcoming release with a straight face and by that omit any throwbacks to the past by means of old 007 personnel and faces. Some will say it'll be a nice touch but really, It isin't necessary