Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Sorry about our loss, Creasy.

Curiously, I haven't seen anything here about what has made the front page of every newspaper in france these past few days : the death in a terrible helicopter accident of Florence Arthaud (the french equivalent to Ellen MacArthur), swimmer (and Gold medal in London) Camille Muffat and boxer (and Bronze Medal in beijing) Alexis Vatsine during the filming of an adventure game.

bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-31809231

Terrible, that's all I can say.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I was lucky enough to meet Terry Pratchett in Oxford several years ago and he was lovely. He was a devoted Humanist and campaigned for assisted deaths for many years with great dignity. A great loss.
    RIP Terry Pratchett. A fantastic author and story teller.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sir Terry Pratchett one of the best story tellers of all time gone from this world at the age of sixty six RIP .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Terry Pratchett was so funny.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad news on Terry Pratchett. He died with dignity indeed.
    the loss of a major story teller is always a big loss.

May he rest in peace and annoy whatever deity is in charge with his sharp observations.. ;)
    The family cat Lucy had to be put to sleep earlier today. We've had her since 1999.
    RIP Lucy sorry to hear you have lost her Bain.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Pets are members of the family, it's always tough when one goes. Condolences.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Shocking news about the "Germanwings" plane cash, were now it seems the copilot
    Deliberately crashed the plane. A terrible tragedy, so many killed.
    And many kids among them. Horrible.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BAIN123, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your cat. When you have a pet for that long, they're no longer just an animal: they're family.
    DrGorner wrote: »

If the suicide theory is actually true, its one of the most disgusting bits of self centered egoism I have heard of in recent years! Shocking!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 12,271
    @BAIN123 My condolences to you. I have two pet cats I absolutely love, and I know it's going to hurt a lot when I lose them. They truly are family too. Also horrible to hear about the plane incident; my thoughts and prayers are with those affected families (and you too, @BAIN123).
    jobo wrote: »

If the suicide theory is actually true, its one of the most disgusting bits of self centered egoism I have heard of in recent years! Shocking!

If true about the Co-Pilot? It really is a frightening thought that someone could do that in that type of scenario.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

If true about the Co-Pilot? It really is a frightening thought that someone could do that in that type of scenario.

Yes, I am refering to the theory which states that he deliberitely crashed the plane as a personal suicide mission. Absolutely shocking that he would choose to take hundreds of innocent people with him, several of them children, for his own selfish reasons. I sure hope it is not true...
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Yes, I am refering to the theory which states that he deliberitely crashed the plane as a personal suicide mission. Absolutely shocking that he would choose to take hundreds of innocent people with him, several of them children, for his own selfish reasons. I sure hope it is not true...

Completely agree with you.
    @Creasy47 Sorry for your loss man. I also lost my father to cancer when I was younger.
    @Ed83, thanks for your kind words and support! It's nice talking about it with someone who was in the same shoes as you.
    I'm sorry about your loss, @Creasy47. (I didn't see the news before now...)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Creasy47, so sorry I missed this thread these past few weeks, man.
    My deepest condolences.
    It's tough to lose a parent. Even we are all somehow prepared for it in theory, when the time comes, it's heartbreaking. Take all the time you need, friend.
    You can PM me whenever you feel like talking.

funeral_flowers.png
    @DarthDimi, many, many thanks, brother. Like I've said, as the weeks go by, it gets easier and easier, but I'd be lying if I said there aren't still moments where it'll hit me like a train. I'm happy to know you're there if I need you.
    @creasy
    Sorry to hear about your dad. That was a heartfelt post a few pages back.
    Prayers for your dad. Condolences to you and family.
    Best!
    Legendary Aussie Cricketer Richie Benaud has passed away. I always knew him more as THE commentator to watch and listen too.

RIP Richie! ^:)^
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    590443-richie-benaud.jpg

RIP Richie Benaud the legendary voice of cricket. The game wont quite be the same without you.
    The long walk to the pavailion is over and now it's time for tea Not Out and Not Forgotten
    RIP Richie Benaud .
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Member Zekidks Mom who died recently.
    Sorry to hear that, Zekidk. Take care of yourself.
  • Famous German author Günther Grass is dead. RIP