Spectre has 'biggest ever' opening sequence (Spoilers)

The opening sequence for upcoming James Bond film Spectre is to be the biggest ever, it has been revealed. Bond producer Michael G Wilson revealed details of the sequence, which takes place during Mexico City's Day of the Dead Festival. he revealed the sequence will constitute "the biggest opening sequence we've ever done and "the whole vision that Sam Mendes has come up with is very exciting and amazing," he added. "We've got 1500 extras in Day Of The Dead costumes and make up and we've occupied the centre of Mexico City for days. The 1500 extras will be digitally mulitpled to over 10,000 extras for the Day of the Dead scene

"The only thing that's come close to it was putting on the carnival in Rio in Moonraker, and I think this is a much bigger operation."

The scene, which is currently being filmed in Mexico City, will also include a chase through the parade and a fight within a helicopter

Comments

• CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    I'm honestly hoping James Bond gets to duke it out with the giant skeleton we've seen in production shots
    The 1500 extras will be digitally mulitpled to over 10,000 extras for the Day of the Dead scene

Modern technology! Ain't it amazing. ;)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I can't wait to see how they will multiply 10000 extras into the scenes. Will 10000 extras be only multiplied on the square or in the other streets too?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Agreed, I think we're in for a treat . :D
    As Roger would say? A feast for my eyes! :-bd
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 203
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    As Roger would say? A feast for my eyes! :-bd

you mean the 'english-english' Rog or just the 'english' Rog! poor Rog, he is a nice guy who said the truth in an ultra pc world.
    Another foot chase?

I was hoping for an escape of some sort. Daniel Craig hasn't had many "how is going to get out this one" type scenarios. (i.e. - Centrifuge - Moore)
    Chang wrote: »
    Another foot chase?

I was hoping for an escape of some sort. Daniel Craig hasn't had many "how is going to get out this one" type scenarios. (i.e. - Centrifuge - Moore)

Wait until you see the Rome car chase. There will be a serious "how do i get out of this one"-scenario attached to it ;-).
  • RC7RC7
    Chang wrote: »
    Another foot chase?

Wait until you see the Rome car chase. There will be a serious "how do i get out of this one"-scenario attached to it ;-).

By pressing a button, one imagines.
    RogueAgent said, as Roger would say? A feast for my eyes!

Practically ruined my dinner.