Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Michele Ferrero, the inventor of one of the greatest sources of endorphin, is dead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31477547

And Italy's richest man to boot! :)

He made the world a sweeter place.

Indeed he did, God bless him.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,189
    http://news.sky.com/story/1435684/leonard-nimoy-star-treks-mr-spock-dies

Though I've never been a big "Trekkie", Mr Spock has always been a recognisable face to me. Much like Richard Kiel probably is to non-Bond fans.
    For a long time, in France, he was known only as Paris, the replacement of Rollin Hand (Martin Landau) in Mission : Impossible. We didn't get Star Trek before the first movie (and on TV only after the second one). Still, he had become iconic after the series had been a staple of "La 5"'s programming. Very sad news indeed.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    What? Spock is no longer? Awww, so sorry to hear it. :(
  • Sheldon Cooper is inconsolable. Help us all, tiny Spock...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Another great Columbo villain passes away - Leonard Nimoy (see 'A Stitch in Crime''). And to generations of fans Mr Spock. :(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sad news RIP Leonard Nimoy. :(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,690
    I just started watching the old Trek films this week for the first time :( RIP Leonard Nimoy :(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm so hurt right now.
    RIP Leonard Nimoy. You were a legend, sir, even when alive. :(

Thank you for everything.

A fan.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Live long and prosper and so he did RIP Mr Nimoy .
    Been a life long trekkie and I am so sad right now. R.I.P Mr Nimoy. Let angels sign you to your rest :-(
    Should say sing. Flaming phone
    Sad to hear about Leonard Nimoy. Will be missed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Very unfortunate. Rest in Peace Leonard, May the winds be at your back. :(

I just learned the sad news. The one and only character/actor in Star Trek which I always found truly compelling, no matter how bad the movie or episode was. Well, Nimoy died, but his legacy is immortal.
    RIP Mr. Nimoy
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm basically shattered.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 188
    I'm crying. I never cry about actors' deaths, and yet ... Where is a Genesis planet when you need one?!
    To say it in the words of Nathan Fillion: "I was and shall always be - your fan."
    I always shall miss you and your inspiration has been valuable to my life

REST LONG AND PROSPER. Mr Nimoy
    Sad news indeed about Leonard Nimoy. He lived to a good age considering the condition he lived with. He will always live long and prosper in our hearts and memories. RIP.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    RIP Leonard Nimoy.

Vulcan-Salute-Oven-Mitt.jpg
    I suspect for many of us "of a certain age", Star Trek was watched in front of the TV at around 6pm with a tea of Findus Pancakes, a bowl on instant whip and, if lucky, a glass of Cresta. As a young boy (or girl) what more could you want in terms if education and inspiration? Some very challenging and thoughtful scripts played out amongst the cheesy effects and cheap uniforms. Such memories stay with you forever and set you up for the Worlds of Sagan ad Asimov. And then, of course, you grow up a little and re visit your heroes on the big screen: fighting Khan, whale Hunters etc. Always thoughtful, always liberal, always entertaining and never patronising.
    "I have been and always shall be your friend"
    I cried at my wedding and I always cry at the end of Star Trek 2.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Sad news about Nimoy, indeed. He was the type of personality who could have been a good Bond villain. He had the voice for it. He was downright creepy in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    leonard_nimoy_spock.jpg

Never been a huge Trekkie fan myself. But I cannot deny I have seen many episodes of the original Star Trek.
    Leonard Nimoy leaves a fine legacy to many people. Live long and prosper.
    RIP.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Nimoy's Spock was my earliest philosophical role model. Nimoy himself continues to be my creative one.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31669061

Prominent Russian opposition politician shot dead on the streets of Moscow.
  • R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. A man who will always be part of our lives. Very sad news.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As a kid, Spock was my favourite in Star Trek.
    A world without Spock, now that is hard to take. Let us all contribute to keeping Spock alive and prosperous in each one of us.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy.