Arrow (TV Series 2012– )

124»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Some parts of season two flounder, but they're generally okay.
  • Some parts of season two flounder, but they're generally okay.
    Agree think I have hit a few floundering episodes, just when it was building.

• Just had a two day marathon watch of Year two, loved it. I like the fact the have gone through the gears very quickly with this show. DC does TV very well, Arrow for me blows Agents of Shield out of the water.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    SHIELD is getting better.
    We begin with Ra's Al Ghul resting in a pool or a... pit (see what I did there?) and Nyssa walks in completely pissed off that Oliver's still alive. Ra's tells her that Oliver didn't really kill Sarah, but she's just not having it. She wants him dead.

Now we're in Starling, in the Arrow Cave, and Oliver, Thea and Malcolm are training. Malcolm berates Oliver for training to "bring a bow and arrow to a sword fight". The rest of Team Arrow walks in, and Diggle has apparently reinforced every door with ARGUS technology, wherever the hell he got that from. Laurel talks to Thea, Diggle talks to Oliver.

Flashbacks: Ollie talks to the army about everything he's done during this whole Hong Kong affair. Shrieve (Shreeve? Whatever) walks in and tells Ollie that they're pretty much done, the Yamashiros are going to Japan, and he can join them if he wishes, and then go home if he wants to.

Present: Roy walks up to the bar and talks to Thea. She tries to explain what happened with Sarah, he says he knows. He then tells her what happened with that cop that he killed when he was under the influence of marijuana - mirakuru! - and they have a bonding moment.

Felicity shows up at Brandon Routh's place, where he's had literally no sleep (and doesn't know he's been out of contact for a week) and has made significant leaps and bounds in his ATOM tech. She wants him to stop and rest, he doesn't want to, and wants to just get it finished.

Laurel calls her dad, but he didn't answer, so she leaves a voice mail. Thea then walks in and tells her what happened. I could have sworn Laurel knew this already, but apparently she didn't. Thea apologizes, and Laurel doesn't blame her for being drugged and killing Sarah, but cannot understand why she's working with Malcolm. Laurel tells Thea that she can't change the past, but she does hold sway on her future actions.

Oliver is training with his swords, attempting to do the same moves that Ra's did to him, and Laurel walks in and confronts him on the fact that Oliver kept Thea's involvement in Sarah's murder a secret. She wants to kill Malcolm, Oliver says that he needs him. Damn, this man's decisions just push everyone the f*ck away.

Thea's... meditating?... in front of a candle, and Oliver walks in outrageously pissed off at her. She defends her actions and vows that Malcolm Merlyn is going to face justice. Malcolm walks to... somewhere... and Laurel ambushes him, but he's clearly out of her league. He quickly disarms her and she pulls a gun on him. He's saved, however, by Nyssa and some League members dropping from out of nowhere. Nyssa then fights and beats the sh*t out of Malcolm, and then takes him away, telling Laurel that "Sarah's murder is avenged".

Oliver goes back to the Arrow Cave and is thoroughly pissed off at Laurel. Oliver wants to rescue Malcolm, to help Thea's conscience. Nobody wants to do this, but the only one that truly hates this is Laurel, who leaves. They find out where Malcolm likely is, and get going.

Flashback: As Ollie and the Yamashiros get ready to leave, there's a shootout.

Present: I don't know how the hell Nyssa intends on taking Malcolm to Nanda Parbat on that helicopter, because no chopper has that kind of range (to my knowledge), but as Oliver and Nyssa fight, the chopper takes off. Nyssa's dead certain Malcolm will never be seen again.

We're in the Arrow Cave, where Team Arrow has somehow gained a prison cell, and Nyssa's being held in it. Laurel walks in just to ask what's going on before Oliver makes everybody leave so that he can interrogate Nyssa. He wants to know where Nanda Parbat is, and she tells him just because he's going to die there.

Team Arrow talks up in Verdant, and Laurel thinks that keeping prisoners is crossing the line. There's a funny awkward moment where Felicity mentions the ARGUS prison on the Island, then Oliver walks up to tell them where Nanda Parbat is. After telling everybody to leave, Diggle talks to Oliver about what's going on, and asks if he's sure about what he's doing. Oliver says he is.

Felicity goes to talk to Brandon Routh again, after she's locked out his access to his ATOM server. She wants him to eat, shower and sleep, and he agrees to.

Diggle plays with his kid and holy sh*t, his wife walks in. She asked Diggle if he asked Oliver something, but he tells her about Oliver's plans to go to Nanda Parbat. She tells him to go because she knows that he feels he has to. He asks to borrow a jet.

Thea confronts Oliver about what he's about to do. She says that her conscience will survive Malcolm's death, but not Oliver's. He says she'll go nuts either way, and that the only way to save her is to save Malcolm. He goes outside to find Diggle waiting for him.

Malcolm is brought before Ra's Al Ghul, who actually does look a little less gray-haired than before. I think that's even more confirmation that he has a Lazarus Pit. Malcolm grovels, asks to live so that he can serve Ra's again. Ra's pretty much says "f*ck that" and sends him away so that his price can be paid "in agony and blood".

Felicity waits around for Brandon Routh to finish his shower, then looks around at all his paintings just as Brandon Routh walks in without a shirt. She accidentally flirts with him, and he flirts back, which leads to Felicity being the second woman after Lois Lane to kiss Brandon Routh.

Oliver and Diggle prepare to infiltrate Ra's home, then the League rains fire arrows down at them. They start taking League members down.

Flashback: Ollie and the Yamashiros are still pinned down under heavy fire, and apparently it's ARGUS. Ollie just starts shooting to cover the Yamashiros as they make a run for a truck.

Present: Laurel talks to Nyssa. They talk about Sarah, they mourn her. They share a moment.

Oliver and Diggle get into Ra's house, and just start killing people. It's awesome. They find Malcolm, strung up and hanging over charcoals. He barely whispers "trap", and then the dungeon door shuts on them. Ra's welcomes Oliver to Nanda Parbat.

At some point after they were locked up, they were knocked out and dragged to another room and chained up. Oliver apologizes for what he's done, but Diggle tells him to shut up. It turns out that Oliver's journey to Nanda Parbat wasn't really about helping Thea, it was about beating Ra's Al Ghul. Oh, Diggle wants Oliver to be his best man (guess he's not actually married to his ex-wife again).

Flashbacks: Ollie and the Yamashiros attempt to escape and Tatsu and Maseo are split from their kid, who's with Ollie. Maseo tells Ollie to get the kid out of there.

Present: Roy shows Thea the family of the cop that he killed. He's been helping them. They don't know what he did, so to them, it just looks like random acts of kindness, but to him, it helps the guilt. Thea says she can't do something like that, and she deserves all the punishment she might get. Roy's got an awesome car, by the way.

Felicity and Brandon Routh are laying in bed, and Brandon Routh has a breakthrough. Sex apparently helps him think. He finishes his ATOM suit, suits up. It's a distinctly more low-tech version of Tony Stark putting the Iron Man suit on. He tries it out, and flies away. Felicity, meanwhile, never wakes up.

Thea shows up in the Arrow Cave to talk to Nyssa. She tells Nyssa that she killed Sarah. She either intentionally leaves out that she was drugged, or she wasn't really drugged. Either way, she lets Nyssa out of the cell (where'd she get the code? That cell wasn't even in the room before Nyssa was put in it) and returns her sword to her.

Ra's Al Ghul tells Oliver he's not going to kill him, he wants Oliver to replace him. To be the next Ra's Al Ghul. Does this mean that Ra's Al Ghul is purely a name taken on by many? The preview for the next episode seems to indicate that there is some sort of Lazarus PIt (somebody sticks his bloody hand into the pit, and I can't see why unless it's going to heal him), so. March 18th, hurry up. (Not just for Arrow, either, I want Resident Evil Revelations 2, dammit.)
    Unless they grab Sara's body and toss her in a Lazarus pit, how will she be in this show?
    Unless they grab Sara's body and toss her in a Lazarus pit, how will she be in this show?
    Flashbacks? Cloning? Different character? Visions? There are several possibilities.

Different character would be stupid. Who out of Ray Palmer, Martin Stein and Leonard Snart would have visions of her? Flashbacks, maybe... Cloning? God, I hope not.
    Two points

1. I have made no secret for how amazing Caity lotz looks in the canary suit and a show focused on her and Atom I would be fine with if...

2. They give a plausable explanation of how she is back from the dead because her death is the driving arc of season 3 (this weekend I plan on catching up on this and Gotham)

At this rate I am all for her coming back but there needs to be some logic as far as I can tell the Arrow verse is far more logical and grounded then Gotham lets not have that switch up.
    If they give a plausible reason, I have no problems, and as I said, if the Lazarus Pit can bring people back from the dead, there's your in-universe reason, and I'll accept it, though it will totally destroy all of Laurel's character development.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    UPDATE: CBS Officially Announces Who Will Play SUPERGIRL In Upcoming TV Series
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114043

They revealed her today

supergirl-first-look-image-full-body.jpg?w=544&h=1024

Looks like it fits right in with the CW world. However the only real concern I have about a Supergirl show is, the whole time I'll be wondering: where's Superman?

The suit looks awesome. Hopefully, this show will take place in the DCTV universe with Flash and Arrow.

Dean Cain was recently added to the cast of the pilot. Maybe, as he's an established Superman, they'll use him for the role. After all, they can't use Brandon Routh.
    Casting Call For ARROW/THE FLASH Spinoff Possibly Reveals Those Three New Heroes
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=116378
    Static/Black Lightning/Black Vulcan, please. Preferably Static, I have more of a connection to him thanks to the DCAU cartoon.
    The suit looks awesome. Hopefully, this show will take place in the DCTV universe with Flash and Arrow.

Dean Cain was recently added to the cast of the pilot. Maybe, as he's an established Superman, they'll use him for the role. After all, they can't use Brandon Routh.
    The big rumor is that Tom Welling will be returning as SUPERMAN as a guest star here and there. Now THAT is awesome.
    I heard Dean was in the show, but I doubt it's as Supes. I'm sure Dean will be like John Wesley Shipp in CW's The Flash... a different character but hopefully more than a quick cameo.

But even if he is Superman, they could certainly do worse

cd1f12fc86c0f90c7a67a40f1ec5604991aec790.jpeg

ARROW EP Says "Magic Fits Pretty Well" As Lazarus Pit Is Officially Confirmed

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=116821
    Will Oliver take up Ra's Al Ghul's offer to become the next Ra's Al Ghul? Either way, Ra's has him at sword point and I swear this scene was the end of last episode. Oh. It was. It appears as though Ra's Al Ghul is sort of like the Dread Pirate Roberts, that it's a passed on title, if not an actual person. We'll just have to see. Ra's takes Oliver on a little tour through his castle, then treats him to a meal. Ra's tells Oliver that the Arrow will die alone.

Nyssa doesn't believe Thea's confession. Thea tries her damnedest to get Nyssa to do her duty, but Nyssa really doesn't want to, and says that Malcolm's death will end the blood debt. Laurel and Roy run into the room and lose to Nyssa.

Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Ra's is almost immortal, but it appears as though the pits aren't doing it for him anymore. Oliver refuses the offer, but Ra's tells him that if he takes the offer, the League will do whatever he wishes. If he wishes them not to kill, they won't kill, because Oliver Queen will be Ra's Al Ghul. As a token of his good will, Ra's lets Oliver, Diggle and Malcolm leave.

Thea's not happy that Malcolm is still alive. Diggle is skeptical about what happened. Oliver pretty much just says "yeah, shut up" to all of Dig's inquiries.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro (who's name escapes me, so he's named Young) have a little argument because Young runs off because he thinks he saw Maseo. Ollie tells him not to do that again.

Laurel and Felicity aren't exactly happy that Malcolm's still alive, and Oliver pretty much just says "yeah, shut up" once again by telling them that they need to protect the city. He, Laurel and Roy then go off to stop what appears to be a diamond robbery. One of them has his lips sown shut. The robbers get away.

Captain Lance meets up with Oliver, and demands to know why Oliver never told him that Sarah was dead. I'm thinking that Ra's little Green Goblin-esque speech is gonna come true by the end of the episode.

Felicty is now in a room with Brandon Routh, and she's done something impressive, and he throws in a steak dinner. Oliver drops by, and for some reason, he seems to be putting on a deeper voice than usual. Anyway, Oliver asks about the guy with his mouth sown, who's street name is Murmur. Oliver tells her about the meeting with Lance from the night before.

Laurel drops by Thea and Oliver's apartment, where Malcolm is asleep on the couch. Thea hates that she knows about Malcolm entirely, and Malcolm wakes up. Laurel leaves, and Thea and Malcolm have a little conversation. Malcolm feels as though he's done his job in teaching her, but she's more than a little pissed at how messed up she is now.

Nyssa storms in on her father and demands to know why Malcolm Merlyn is still alive. He explains that he wants Oliver to be his heir. She's not happy about this at all, and believes it to be because she loved Sarah. He doesn't say no. She cuts him on the hand, and he heals it with that wonderful Lazarus pit.

Oliver briefs Team Arrow on Murmur, and Diggle wants Felicity to help, but Oliver says she's preoccupied. Roy offers to ask some of his old "friends" about why Murmur wants the diamonds. Diggle asks Oliver what's going on with him, and Oliver explains Ra's offer. Oliver asks Diggle what they've really accomplished, and says that despite all they've done, the Arrow hasn't made any real difference. He wonders if he should be Ra's Al Ghul. And, let's be honest, it would be awesome if he was. But we know he won't be.

"Is Malcolm still alive?" is Oliver's first question upon returning home. This would be a hilarious running joke, but it probably won't be. Thea talks about how much she's changed, and I swore Malcolm was asleep a moment ago. What the hell? Either way, once Thea leaves, Oliver asks Malcolm what's going on. Malcolm wants to know what Ra's conditions were, and Oliver tells him about the offer. Malcolm pretty much tells him to take it.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro walk around Hong Kong, and it seems as though ARGUS has found them.

Present: Oliver goes to the Arrow Cave, and talks to Felicity. She tells him that he's a nutjob for even considering Ra's offer, and he asks her what it is that he's accomplished. She tells him that everything he has done, as little as it may have been, will have been for nothing if Oliver Queen turns into Ra's Al Ghul. She tells him that all of Team Arrow know exactly why they're doing what they do, and that he needs to find out now. Roy and Diggle show up and they've discovered Murmur's plot. Felicity says she'll text Captain Lance.

He ignores the text and Laurel walks in, and tells him that she doesn't want to wait for him to explode on her on his time, and he explains that their relationship is too strained for her to save it. Machine guns then sound off, and Murmur and his gang are using diamond-studded bullets to slaughter the cops.

Murmur and his boys just start shooting, and Team Arrow races to get there in time. They manage just as Murmur is choking Lance, oh, and Nyssa is there, but she really doesn't seem to be doing much. Oliver beats Murmur down just as Captain Lance comes out of the building, and it appears all is back to normal.

Felicity congratulates Team Arrow on a job well done, and Oliver tells her that she was right, that he had to figure out why he was doing what he was doing. She then gets a phone call from Brandon Routh, and answers it.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro are running, and what the hell, they run into Shado?

Present: Nyssa talks to Laurel, and offers to talk about their relationships between their fathers. It appears as though Nyssa will be training Laurel. Oliver goes to talk to Maseo, who tells Oliver that unless he accepts, bad sh*t be going down.

There's a knock on Roy's door... Who is it, I wonder? Thea, apparently, who doesn't seem to have a grasp on who or what she is anymore. They embrace, and it appears to be the beginning of a rekindling of a relationship.

Meanwhile, in a bar, Murmur's guys are slaughtered by someone... in a green hood. Ra's Al Ghul! Holy sh*t.
    Will Oliver take up Ra's Al Ghul's offer to become the next Ra's Al Ghul? Either way, Ra's has him at sword point and I swear this scene was the end of last episode. Oh. It was. It appears as though Ra's Al Ghul is sort of like the Dread Pirate Roberts, that it's a passed on title, if not an actual person. We'll just have to see. Ra's takes Oliver on a little tour through his castle, then treats him to a meal. Ra's tells Oliver that the Arrow will die alone.

Nyssa doesn't believe Thea's confession. Thea tries her damnedest to get Nyssa to do her duty, but Nyssa really doesn't want to, and says that Malcolm's death will end the blood debt. Laurel and Roy run into the room and lose to Nyssa.

Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Lazarus pits! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Ra's is almost immortal, but it appears as though the pits aren't doing it for him anymore. Oliver refuses the offer, but Ra's tells him that if he takes the offer, the League will do whatever he wishes. If he wishes them not to kill, they won't kill, because Oliver Queen will be Ra's Al Ghul. As a token of his good will, Ra's lets Oliver, Diggle and Malcolm leave.

Thea's not happy that Malcolm is still alive. Diggle is skeptical about what happened. Oliver pretty much just says "yeah, shut up" to all of Dig's inquiries.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro (who's name escapes me, so he's named Young) have a little argument because Young runs off because he thinks he saw Maseo. Ollie tells him not to do that again.

Laurel and Felicity aren't exactly happy that Malcolm's still alive, and Oliver pretty much just says "yeah, shut up" once again by telling them that they need to protect the city. He, Laurel and Roy then go off to stop what appears to be a diamond robbery. One of them has his lips sown shut. The robbers get away.

Captain Lance meets up with Oliver, and demands to know why Oliver never told him that Sarah was dead. I'm thinking that Ra's little Green Goblin-esque speech is gonna come true by the end of the episode.

Felicty is now in a room with Brandon Routh, and she's done something impressive, and he throws in a steak dinner. Oliver drops by, and for some reason, he seems to be putting on a deeper voice than usual. Anyway, Oliver asks about the guy with his mouth sown, who's street name is Murmur. Oliver tells her about the meeting with Lance from the night before.

Laurel drops by Thea and Oliver's apartment, where Malcolm is asleep on the couch. Thea hates that she knows about Malcolm entirely, and Malcolm wakes up. Laurel leaves, and Thea and Malcolm have a little conversation. Malcolm feels as though he's done his job in teaching her, but she's more than a little pissed at how messed up she is now.

Nyssa storms in on her father and demands to know why Malcolm Merlyn is still alive. He explains that he wants Oliver to be his heir. She's not happy about this at all, and believes it to be because she loved Sarah. He doesn't say no. She cuts him on the hand, and he heals it with that wonderful Lazarus pit.

Oliver briefs Team Arrow on Murmur, and Diggle wants Felicity to help, but Oliver says she's preoccupied. Roy offers to ask some of his old "friends" about why Murmur wants the diamonds. Diggle asks Oliver what's going on with him, and Oliver explains Ra's offer. Oliver asks Diggle what they've really accomplished, and says that despite all they've done, the Arrow hasn't made any real difference. He wonders if he should be Ra's Al Ghul. And, let's be honest, it would be awesome if he was. But we know he won't be.

"Is Malcolm still alive?" is Oliver's first question upon returning home. This would be a hilarious running joke, but it probably won't be. Thea talks about how much she's changed, and I swore Malcolm was asleep a moment ago. What the hell? Either way, once Thea leaves, Oliver asks Malcolm what's going on. Malcolm wants to know what Ra's conditions were, and Oliver tells him about the offer. Malcolm pretty much tells him to take it.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro walk around Hong Kong, and it seems as though ARGUS has found them.

Present: Oliver goes to the Arrow Cave, and talks to Felicity. She tells him that he's a nutjob for even considering Ra's offer, and he asks her what it is that he's accomplished. She tells him that everything he has done, as little as it may have been, will have been for nothing if Oliver Queen turns into Ra's Al Ghul. She tells him that all of Team Arrow know exactly why they're doing what they do, and that he needs to find out now. Roy and Diggle show up and they've discovered Murmur's plot. Felicity says she'll text Captain Lance.

He ignores the text and Laurel walks in, and tells him that she doesn't want to wait for him to explode on her on his time, and he explains that their relationship is too strained for her to save it. Machine guns then sound off, and Murmur and his gang are using diamond-studded bullets to slaughter the cops.

Murmur and his boys just start shooting, and Team Arrow races to get there in time. They manage just as Murmur is choking Lance, oh, and Nyssa is there, but she really doesn't seem to be doing much. Oliver beats Murmur down just as Captain Lance comes out of the building, and it appears all is back to normal.

Felicity congratulates Team Arrow on a job well done, and Oliver tells her that she was right, that he had to figure out why he was doing what he was doing. She then gets a phone call from Brandon Routh, and answers it.

Flashback: Ollie and Young Yamashiro are running, and what the hell, they run into Shado?

Present: Nyssa talks to Laurel, and offers to talk about their relationships between their fathers. It appears as though Nyssa will be training Laurel. Oliver goes to talk to Maseo, who tells Oliver that unless he accepts, bad sh*t be going down.

There's a knock on Roy's door... Who is it, I wonder? Thea, apparently, who doesn't seem to have a grasp on who or what she is anymore. They embrace, and it appears to be the beginning of a rekindling of a relationship.

Meanwhile, in a bar, Murmur's guys are slaughtered by someone... in a green hood. Ra's Al Ghul! Holy sh*t.
    edited April 2015 Posts: 7,854
    No review this week, because my browser decided to f*ck me over and only post half of the review, after I'd already erased it from my Wordpad review document. Long story short: Ra's tells Lance that Oliver is the Arrow, Shado has a twin never even suggested to exist, Brandon Routh now has nanotech inside him, Roy decides to take the heat and reveal himself to be the Arrow.
    Review later this week.