Arrow (TV Series 2012– )

Comments

Get A Glimpse Of 'Black Canary' In Latest Promo For ARROW's Midseason Premiere
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113628
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Here's hoping we have an Oliver Queen-less episode, save for probably the flashbacks. I want them to actually treat this like Oliver Queen is dead.

Anyway, we have a police chase/shootout going on. Don't know why, but it kind of looks like it might bave been a bank robbery. Anyway, Roy shows up to save the day, and he's enjoying using Oliver's bike. Diggle is using Oliver's clothes and bow, but he's not doing very good at archery. Roy knocks out one of the criminals, and then Dig drops by to explain that he's not on his A-game because he's not used to this stuff.

Back at the Arrow Cave, Roy wants to know when to worry.

Flashback time, Waller is pissed at Ollie and Yamashiro-Man's work, and telling them that they need to do something else for her, instead of looking for Tatsu.

Back in the present, and Brandon Routh is testing his stuff. He's having about as much luck as Tony Stark. Apparently he hates clowns. Wonder why. Felicity shows up to tell him that his quest is foolhardy, that he should put away this dream of saving the city like the Arrow, but he persists.

Now we're at the courthouse, where Laurel is trying a case. The defense attorney tries to use the fact that a vigilante caught that guy from earlier as a motion to dimiss the case, but it doesn't fly, because Laurel has the gun.

Arrow Cave: Felicity is running info about the criminals, and Dig and Roy are there, too, talking to her. Roy goes out on his own to find info about the guy that got away, and Dig stays behind to talk to Felicity about the idea that Oliver may not come back. Felicity says that he's survived worse, and that there's a good chance that he's alive.

Aw, sh*t, now we're back on Hoth, and there's Oliver's dead body. Somebody walks up to him, kinda looks like Loki from behind. I'm almost dead certain it's Yamashiro-Man.

Some people have caught the guy who got away. There's this very Cockney guy ready to beat the crap out of him. I don't know who this is, but I assume I'm supposed to recognize him. I don't. Either way, he's got something planned, and dammit, things need to be settled. Needless to say, the guy gets killed by the Cockney guy that I think I"m supposed to recognize. And his buddy's afraid of Cockney Guy.

Malcom is training Thea, at what appears to be her own apartment. Malcom must be certain Oliver's dead, but Thea isn't so sure, and is worried about him.

Back to the Arrow Cave, and Roy and Dig prepare to go after a lead.

Flashback: Ollie and Yamashiro-Man are about to go forward on their own mission. Ollie makes his way to the target while Yamashiro-Man provides sniper cover.

Present day again, and Roy's doing his thing while Dig does his own, instead of Ollie's. They break into the warehouse that Cockney Guy was using, and find that evidence has been destroyed.

Back at the Arrow Cave and the team prepares to do their job, but they find that the door has been opened. What the hell? Malcom Merlyn is in the Arrow Cave?! He wants to know if Oliver is alive, and Felicity persists that he is, but Malcom is now 99% certain he's dead, since Ra's Al Ghul doesn't take prisoners.

Back from the commercial break and Felicity is still dead-set on doing what they do. Roy and Diggle are ready to give up, though. Laurel shows up, completely not in the know about what's happened with Oliver. Everybody gives her an update, but Laurel is firmly in Felicity's corner, positive he's alive.

Back on Hoth, Malcom has arrived, and he's looking for Oliver. I don't know why, but what the hell.

Flashback: Oliver tries his damnedest to break that glass, and he succeeds. He radios Team Flashback and they begin their operation, and find what they're looking for, but then the shooting starts. The Triads are shooting at them.

Arrow Cave, where Malcom Merlyn has apparently traveled the world and back in less than two hours and shows them the blade that killed Oliver. Somehow, he actually seems distraut over this. Felicity is pissed, and tells him off, and he agrees. After explaining that Oliver's death was part of the plan, he leaves.

We're back on Hoth and that guy that I assume is Yamashiro-Man has put Oliver on a sled and is dragging him through the snow. Y'know, now that I think of it, this might be a plot twist and the guy that I assume is Yamashiro-Man is really Tatsu. That might be interesting.

Arrow Cave in Mourning, it appears, and then something beeps. The blood test results come back that the blood on the blade is Oliver's, and Felicity is starting to entertain the idea, though she doesn't want to.

Flashback: Team Flashback is shooting Team Triad, and Yamashiro-Man tells Ollie to run. Plenty of people die, and Ollie refuses to kill one of the Triads, much to That One Guys' anger.

Present day, and Roy is drinking. Thea walks up to him and asks him what's up, but he avoids telling her that her brother is dead. She tells Roy that she knows that Roy is the Man in the Red Hood, and asks him to get the Arrow on Oliver's case. Roy makes no promises, and ducks out. He disappears downstairs to talk to Diggle and they have a conversation about why they're still working on the case. Diggle finds the clue he's looking for.

Felicity ignores a phone call as Brandon Routh walks in. She tells him that his idea is doomed to failure, and this turns into a very interesting scene, because it appears that Felicity has never taken death very seriously. Brandon Routh understands that she's upset and stands there as she walks out. She answers the phone this time.

Looks like Diggle and Roy discovered that Cockney Guy (Brick, I guess) is planning on finding and destroying evidence that can get his muscle put away. Well, they're at it, too, at least until Roy and Diggle show up and start beating the crap out of people. A shootout commences, and Roy is doing some pretty awesome acrobatics here.

The cops show up, Felicity watches on the monitors, Cockney Guy shows up and challenges Diggle to a match.

Diggle starts the fight off by shooting Cockney Guy in the head. This doesn't work. Roy is still under fire, all the while Cockney Guy is fighting Diggle, still. Roy manages to hit Cockney Guy with an arrow, but it apears as though he still escapes with his guys.

Uh-oh... Felicity let Cockney Guy go so that she could save Diggle and Roy. DIggle and Roy are not happy about this, but she defends her position by saying that the only reason they're still alive is because Oliver saved them before, but he can't now because he's dead. She decides she's done with all this and leaves.

Damn, that was a short time between commercials.

Back on Hoth, Oliver's mysterious savior... is Yamashiro-Man. Of course. He takes him to somebody, who can help, apparently.

Felicity shows up at work, telling Brandon Routh she was out of line, and he's not exactly happy. She tells him that she lost "a friend", and that he was more than that to her. She mentions that she lost another friend, and that she's tired of losing them.

Diggle and Laurel are in the Arrow Cave, and lament over their lost wins in the "we busted criminals" department. Diggle tells her that Oliver's not coming back, and she asks him if he is. Diggle's completely at a loss, doesn't know what to do with his life now. I like that he's always thought of himself as Oliver's bodyguard, it's a nice little touch. This scene is very sad. Actually, everything relating to Oliver's death has been sad. This is being handled well.

Thea comes home, and throws a knife at Malcom, who sneaks up on her. He doesn't tell her that Oliver is dead, but he does tell her that they need to leave.

Cockney Guy walks through his group of new goons, telling them that they owe him. He wants to take over the Glades, because that's such an important part of the city. A couple of them go out to their cars and are immediately assaulted by Laurel as the new Black Canary.

Flashback: Waller's impressed, but not happy with Ollie. He doesn't give half a sh*t. Waller leaves, and Yamashiro-Man tells Ollie that he knows he was bullsh*tting her. Turns out Ollie let that one Triad live on purpose, so that he and Yamashiro-Man can find Tatsu.

Back on Hoth, turns out the person Yamashiro-Man was taking Oliver to was... Tatsu. She brought him back to life. This is an actual twist.
    I skimmed through tonight's episode and it looked better then expected I may actually give season 3 a shot in spite of the killing of Sara Lance... What can I say Sara was my favorite character and the dynamics of season 2 well they were perfect and having Oliver did and watching Sara go through the emotions the team went through would of been cinimatic gold but meh

Plus I am glad Oliver is not really dead both Stephen Armell on Facebook and the episode had me well totally believing he was really dead. (Stephen's post saying he hopes Oliver comes back alive as he enjoys playing the character had me fooled ok)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    "We're mid season 3, how do we boost our ratings?"
    "Kill the title character."

ARROW Season 3, Episode 10 Promo; "Left Behind"
    Hmmm.Gonna go with an 8 for this one. I felt like the intention was good.It was more or less bubbling to the surface for most of the episode,but they never quite made good the potential of a "world without Ollie".

I like Vinnie Jones,but he came off way too subtle. I thought he'd have some level of deformity, but even his character in The Cape was more colorful.I was a bit disappointed. Apparently he's the "Brother Blood" style Big Bad-Temp,until we get Ra's/Malcolm/Slade back.

The action was quite good.Roy got a good moment with Thea,but I feel he was shortchanged in as much as "Teh Feelz" about Ollie scenes go. I liked Felicity and Ray's scene about his wife.I felt it hit the emotional mark about the best for this episode.

An aside: I'm hoping they get a close up on the photo of Anna- played by Kate Bosworth.

I liked Felicity pulling the plug on the mission & the subsequent fallout.But....I don't really think it played on the tension highly enough. Of all things they had the Roy/Digg scene played for tension,which I thought was an odd choice.

Ditto Malcolm and his frequent "pop-in's" to the Arrow cave. Team Arrow came across much too civilly towards Malcolm. I expected tempers to flare.Roy losing his cool-Digg having some choice words- Felicity slapping him-anything! But the scene lacked any "oomph" in it's execution.

Yes,Laurel came across as well as could be expected. I actually thought she'd have a somewhat bigger presence in the episode. I almost figured she'd have a voice changer at the end to appease the "reality police".(That guy couldn't remember her voice?)

Flashbacks: Eh,what can you say.I figured they dropped the ball on not letting Ollie tag the guy in the leg,but he was savvy to put a tracker on the guy.Well done!

So Katana & her husband are going to nurse him back to health? It's the obvious choice,given the flashbacks.The phrase "brought back to life" is an interesting one. I can't help but wonder why Team Arrow doesn't decide to..ya'know...actually look for Ollie?
    UPDATE: CBS Officially Announces Who Will Play SUPERGIRL In Upcoming TV Series
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114043
  • Semi off topic, but regarding the dude that plays Ra's al Ghul, damn, if they ever decided to do a biography movie on Charles Bronson, he's your man!
    He looks just like 'young' Charley Bronson! (I used quotes because he was never that young, lol)

mattnable_size3.jpg
    charles-bronson-dirtydozen-7.jpg
    Why Ray Palmer And Felicity Visit THE FLASH's Central City
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=114347
    A quick flashback to when Felicity last spoke to Oliver. Wait a minute... No it's not. It's a nightmare! Oliver's bleedin' out the mouth! He wakes up in the Yamashiro house and stands, though he's obviously weak. Tatsu gives him something to drink. Tatsu and Yamashiro-Man seem to have had a falling out at some point, but not much is spoken of about it. Yamashiro-Man isn't worried about Ra's Al Ghul, but Oliver should be worried about Starling.

Now we're in Starling, where a man is stalking a woman. Laurel shows up to beat the sh*t out of him, but he's clearly kicking her ass. Roy shows up to save her. He takes her back to the Arrow Cave and patches her up, and Roy tells her that she's not up to this. Diggle shows up and says much the same thing.

Felicity time, and she's pouting in her office. Brandon Routh shows, and has apparently moved a meeting up a few hours. Either way, she's very not in any mood.

Thea meets someone who I assume is her new boyfriend, and they have a chat about Brick. He leaves while Malcom Merlyn arrives, angry that Thea's not ready to leave the city. Stubborn little one, ain't she, Malcom? Yeah. That comes from you.

Laurel heads to that meeting and speaks with her father, who assumes that Sarah is back in town. The meeting starts, Brandon Routh shows up late, then Brick breaks in. His men stay behind to kill people, and Brandon Routh fights one, but he's not that good at it. Neither is Laurel. Brick kidnaps some people and leaves.

Back on Hoth, Oliver is still with Tatsu, and he wants her and Maseo (I remember his name now) to accept that they're still the same people. This leads us to a Hong Kong flashback, where China White is apparently using the Alpha that they stole to get Tatsu back, and he didn't tell Oliver.

Back to the present, Felicity is talking to Captain Lance, who can't figure out why "Sarah" is back, but the Arrow isn't there. Laurel walks in to interrogate the one guy that they did take in earlier, and she's doing this aggressively.

Malcom goes to Thea's place and finds Roy there, who followed him. They talk about Thea, and Roy wants to protect her while Malcom just wants to use her, clearly.

Palmer Industries, and Felicity patches up Brandon Routh. They talk, and Brandon Routh tells her that he doesn't just want to avenge his dead lover, he wants to protect Felicity.

Arrow Cave, and Roy and Laurel are gearing up to go after Brick. Diggle's pissed, but it doesn't matter. Roy and Laurel get the drop on Brick and try to free the hostages. It doesn't work out so well.

Captain Lance and Brandon Routh watch the news as Laurel walks in. Lance tells Laurel that that "Sarah" did her best. Brick then calls the mayor, and quotes Shakespeare. He wants to see the mayor to negotiate.

Malcom heads back to Thea's apartment, and he tells her that Ra's Al Ghul is after them. He "wants to protect her", but he sounds completely fake.

Felicity shows up at Laurel's office, explaining that she knows that Laurel is the new Canary. Laurel feels worse now that she's taken up the Canary mantle, and decides not to do it every again. Felicity tries to comfort her, because now she's pulled a 100% 180 and wants Laurel to keep going.

Brick shows up to the meeting place, where the mayor and Brandon Routh - and the cops - are waiting for him. He wants every cop and official out of the Glades in a little over a day, and he won't take no for an answer. He promptly leaves.

Lance calls Felicity, who says that the Arrow is gone, but she can find the Canary.

The snow storm on Hoth has passed and Maseo decides to leave. Tatsu tells him that she still loves him, which is good, but it doesn't last long. Ra's' ninjas arrive, but Oliver and Tatsu hide while Maseo fakes that he tried to find Oliver's body himself and failed. This doesn't please the ninjas, however, and Tatsu and Maseo kill the ninjas.

Flashback time: Maseo gives the Alpha to China White, but the Alpha's a fake. A fight ensues, Maseo grabs Tatsu, they fight their way out. China White looks pissed.

Arrow Cave, Roy and Diggle have a drink over guilt. They toast to Oliver, and then Felicity and Laurel show up. They need to stop Brick, because the mayor's gonna give in. They mayor and Captain Lance argue, and he ducks out to answer a phone call. The phone call is Laurel faking Sarah's voice to tell Lance that she's going to help. They find out that one of the hostages has a pacemaker, and they use that to find them.

Brandon Routh is talking to a group of people in a room and Felicity crashes the party to ask for the helicopter keys. Helicopters don't have keys, but he lets her use it. Diggle, Roy and Laurel use it to head to Brick's location.

Diggle is sh*t at flying helicopters, but the team manages to make it inside and start beating the sh*t out of Brick's goons. Even Laurel isn't doing horribly, though Roy is doing significantly better. Man, Laurel sounds weird with that voice changer. Brick shows up and starts shooting, but Laurel ducks into a room and hides. She then breaks out a window to escape after hitting Brick in the back of the head.

Maseo dumps the ninja bodies and now Oliver's actually worried about Maseo's betraying the league. Except that he's going to fake Oliver's escape attempt by causing a wound on his own neck. Tatsu says something to him as he leaves.

Flashback, the Yamashiro family is happy again in Hong Kong. Maseo didn't give China White a fake, Waller gave Maseo a fake knowing he'd do this.

Back in Starling, "Sarah" meets Captain Lance, and it turns out that nothing that they did mattered, because Brick's getting the Glades anyway. "Sarah" leaves, disappointing Captain Lance.

Malcom stands on a balcony and looks out at the city. Thea pops in and says she's not leaving. She wants to know why they're in danger, and Malcom wants to avoid the question. She wants to fight, but Malcom doesn't. He caves, however.

Felicity returns the helicopter keys, and decides to help Brandon Routh build the ATOM suit.

Thea's boyfriend shows up at the club, and it turns out he's doing something a bit... Ooh... He's a spy for Maseo/Ra's Al Ghul.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Here's The Atom!
    He looks like a football player from the future. But to be fair the comic version was silly too.
    This will be cool

B88iKqwIYAAtAjz.jpg
    Here's The Atom!
    He looks like a football player from the future. But to be fair the comic version was silly too.
    This will be cool

B88iKqwIYAAtAjz.jpg

I was thinking he looks like something out of Tron!
    the atom suit looks kinda cool
    Okay, let's see what's gonna happen tonight. Will Oliver get back? Will Brick get his ass kicked by somebody? Let's find out!

So we start on Hoth, and Oliver's walking around that cabin in the woods. Tatsu's not happy with him, because she wants him to stay and recouperate. He wants to get back to Starling, and would like it if she'd come with him, but she says no. He's walking with a limp I don't remember him having in the last episode. He leaves.

Now we're on the news, until a guy with a baseball bat breaks the TV. There's a refernce to the Flash when Roy walks in, and then there's a fight when Laurel shows up. She's doing significantly better as a hand-to-hand fighter. Dig and Felicity are staying back at the Arrow Cave. Hey! Sin! I'm surprised. She see's Laurel and mistakes her for Sarah.

Captain Lance calls the Arrow Cave because he wants to help. Hey, Felicity calls the team Team Arrow! And she called Roy Arsenal. I like that line from Lance.

Thea and Malcom are sparring. Don't the neighbors complain about the sound of swords all the damn time? He berates her for hesitating, but she doesn't want to kill. He's not happy. She needs to be a killer, or she'll die.

Oh, hey, the subject of this week's flashbacks is Malcom Merlyn himself. Is it just me, or did he look a lot like John Travolta when he was younger? He plays with young Tommy for a bit, then answers the door to a couple of cops.

Ha! Captain Lance knows that Roy is Arsenal! That's funny. Maybe one of these days, he'll put two and three together and figure out that Oliver's the Arrow. He asks about Sarah, which makes Roy look a little nervous, but he says he'll tell her that her father's worried about her.

Back at the Arrow Cave, the team looks for evidence about Brick. Um... The evidence seems to point to Brick being the murderer of Malcom's wife, and Malcom's got the Arrow Cave bugged. Malcom Merlyn versus Brick? Sign me up!

Oliver's walking through the woods, it appears. I think he's on another planet. Tatsu's following him, because she wants to keep him alive. She knows of Ra's Al Ghul, and believes that the only way Oliver's going to kill him is using Maseo.

Malcom's polising his sword, and Thea walks in. Malcom's not happy that he killed the wrong man 21 years ago. He's going to make it right. In flashback territory, Malcom's standing at his wife's grave. The Arrow Babies (Tommy and Oliver) are standing off on the side. A bald man sits next to Malcom and tells him that the cops have a suspect. He sets down a photo and leaves.

Back in the Arrow Cave, Team Arrow is talking around the special table. Felicity's not happy that everything she can do to find somebody is useless, until Laurel and Roy mention that Brick's men were using walkie talkies. He's hiding in the police precinct in the Glades.

The guys who got their asses kicked at the bar earlier are being disciplined by Brick. He kills one of them before the power goes off. Why does this seem to be very rushed? Oh well, Roy and Laurel go through the building beating the sh*t out of people. Brick grabs a shotgun and sticks flares in it (does that work?). He's about to kill Laurel, then Malcom drops by sounding a lot like ED-209 and arrows Brick in the arm. He tells Roy and Laurel that they need to talk.

Now we're back in the Arrow Cave, and Malcom is on one side, Team Arrow on the other. He explains that Brick is their common enemy, and he wants to join forces with them to take down Brick. Nobody on Team Arrow is happy.

Roy goes upstairs and finds Thea doing exactly what he's going to do. Thea explains that Malcom still cares about people, which is obviously bullsh*t. Anyway, they part ways after talking, and Roy goes back downstairs, where Team Arrow is arguing. Roy has bought that bullsh*t, and feels that Malcom can help them stop Brick. Felicity is opposed.

Diggle goes outside to talk to Malcom, and says that they are not teaming up with them. If they work with him, they'll become him. 21 years ago, Malcom pretends to be a commoner and finds a guy who I think was the one on that photo. Malcom's got a gun, and he points it at the guy. The guy then beats the sh*t out of him. Malcom just manages to shoot him as the guy turns around.

Back on the Forest Moon of Endor, Oliver finds a truck to get a ride. He and Tatsu have a short conversation, and then part ways.

Thea sneaks up on Malcom and then we go back to flashback land, where the bald man from earlier (who must be his banker) shows up and says that they should cover up what Malcom's done. Young Tommy shows up and demands his father not leave, but Malcom says he's leaving for a little while.

Team Arrow is arguing in the Arrow Cave again. Laurel suggests that they get the Glades itself to help them take Brick down. Laurel goes to Ted Grant, Roy goes to Sin, Diggle and Felicity sit in the van. Roy and Laurel gear up, and now it's time to get going. They ambush Brick, and Roy delivers the "You have failed this city" line, and it sounds awesome. That's when the town shows up. Clearly the Arrow producers have moved up from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight to The Dark Knight Rises.

Fighting, fighting, fighting, Brick beats the crap out of people, tussles with who I assume is Ted Grant for a moment. Okay, a longer moment. He's about to shoot him when Roy hits him with an arrow. In the meantime, while everybody's fighting, an arrow hits somebody. It may or may not be Oliver.

That's when Brick runs away and right into Malcom fothermucking Merlyn. By the way, that was a typo, but it was a cool one. Either way, Malcom puts Brick's gun to the man's head and it turns out that Malcom's wife was his first kill. Holy sh*t, Oliver is back! How does everybody somehow manage to circumnavigate the globe within minutes just to show up at the right time?! And in costume!

Oliver gives a badass speech. He then promptly CGI's out of the area.

Captain Lance shows up, and has a moment with Sin. She noticed that the Canary wasn't Sarah, and this upsets Lance.

Malcom heads back to Thea's apartment, which is also when Oliver shows up. He makes up a story about being in jail the past couple weeks, and then he and Malcom have a moment. Oliver explains that he needs to kill Ra's, and needs training. We flashback again, and Malcom walks in on Nyssa as a child, and he gets his new name: "The Magician".

Oliver goes back to the Arrow Cave and gets a hug from Felicity, and thanks his team for their job well done. Felicity's not happy that Oliver's working with Malcom to kill Ra's. Not happy at all. She storms out to get some air. Dig and Roy just give an "I told ya so" glare at him. Oliver goes outside to apologize to Felicity, but she just feels so very betrayed. She doesn't want to be the woman he loves if he's going to work with Malcom Merlyn.
    Those John Diggle [Stewart] ARROW Rumors May Not Be So Crazy After All
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=114931
    I want this. Please, give it to me.
    I'm semi-wasted tonight, so my review will be going up tomorrow after I watch the episode on DVR.
    As promised:

We begin with Laurel getting her ass kicked all over the docks, and it appears that Sarah is doing it. It also appears that Laurel's first name is actually Dinah. I'm impressed.

Now we go 48 hours earlier. Roy and Oliver are chasing someone down and this someone knows basic parkour it appears, then Laurel shows up and beats the living sh*t out of this man. She's not happy with Oliver, and it appears there's been a falling out. Oliver and Diggle have an argument about Laurel, but this is overshadowed by Malcom Merlyn showing up. He tells Oliver that Ra's Al Ghul is aware that he's still alive, and Thea needs to be brought in. Diggle, nor Oliver, likes this idea.

Flashback: Maseo says it's time to go. He tells Oliver to publicize the fact that he's alive, to back ARGUS into a corner. Oliver doesn't want to do this, because he doesn't want to run. Maseo pretty much gives him no choice in the matter, but we all know that Oliver doesn't tell anybody.

Count Vertigo is being taken into Iron Heights, and he wants to face the Arrow. To do so, he doses a guard with fear tox - Vertigo - and the guards shoots people, allowing the Count a chance to escape.

Thea's flirting with her boyfriend/potential assassin and then Oliver shows up. Time to introduce her to the Arrow Cave. Looks like Oliver's own decisions and Diggle's apprehensions mean nothing in the face of Malcom Merlyn's decision to bring Thea into the fold. She takes it surprisingly well, as far as I'm concerned. Her own brother broke into her apartment and assaulted her, and she's taking it it quite well. She thanks him. Granted, for being a hero, not assaulting her, but still.

Thea and Oliver are now in the apartment, and, hey, there was a reference to that time when he assaulted her. Thea wants to know why Oliver is finally telling her, and Malcom walks into the room. Oliver lays down that Ra's Al Ghul is coming for them, and this breaks her into mild hysteria. She doesn't like the wedge that Malcom had driven between her and Oliver, and then she storms out. Oliver gets a phone call, which segues into a flashback.

Oliver in Hong Kong calls his mother, tells her that he's alive and wants people to know about it. ARGUS agents show up and beat the crap out of him. Now we're back in the present, and Team Arrow discover that the guard was dosed by a reporter. Felicity's computers can do amazing things with security camera/news footage. Either way, Oliver doesn't want Laurel to come, and calls her an addict. I find it interesting that this "high on adrenalin" story comes just after the episodes of Gotham where the Precrow was shooting up with adrenal glands. Anyway, Felicity finds the address of the reporter, who's become a suicide bomber to protect his family. Oliver and Roy just barely make it out alive. Count Vertigo is watching.

Oliver goes home (to that apartment) and receives a text message. Thea's still awake, and Oliver lays the story of what happened on her. She wants to know how he does it, and he says he has to. He hates Malcom Merlyn, but he needs him. She doesn't trust him now, either. Apparently with her, whoever lies most recently is the bad guy.

Flashback time, Oliver is being waterboarded by Amanda Waller. She stopped the message from getting to Moira, and knows that Thea's developed a drug problem. Oliver has to tell her where the Yamashiros are. He tells her, surprisingly.

Now we're back in the present, and Captain Lance drops by with a cargo manifest that Laurel asked for. He's not doing well at all. He wants to know where Sarah is, and wants to know whether or not the Canary that's running around really is Sarah.

Thea gets a visit from Roy, who is glad that she knows now. She wants to get away from Malcom. This is when Oliver pops in to borrow Roy. Felicity's not all that happy that Oliver tagged Laurel with a tracer, but she's at the docks and Oliver thinks she's being reckless. Count Vertigo drugs her, and now Laurel's seeing Sarah where Vertigo used to be. This leads to a full on Canary fight that doesn't look a damn thing like the one from earlier on in the episode.

Oliver shows up and knocks the pipe out of Vertigo's hand that Laurel thought was Sarah's staff. Vertigo rabbits, and Oliver looks at Laurel, who's screaming for help.

Oliver takes her back to the Arrow Cave, and Laurel's seeing Sarah everywhere. Ollie injects her with something, and then Thea shows up. She wants to talk, but he doesn't want her there. Roy's not happy about how Oliver's talking to her. This leads to a pretty good Team Arrow vs. Arrow shouting match, where Felicity lays down that they did what they could while he was gone, and he can't say sh*t about it. He's taken aback very clearly, and then walks away.

Thea runs into her boyfriend/potential assassin and kisses him, then drags him away so that they can likely have sex. Roy sees this, and he's devastated.

Diggle walks up to the bar and asks to sit next to Ollie and explains that this fight was never just Ollie's, but theirs as well. This painfully short scene segues into a flashback where Maseo is dragged into the room. Oliver tells him that he sold them out, but Maseo tells Oliver that he lied about where he was going, and allowed himself to be caught because he found out Oliver was caught. They're both knocked unconscious.

Present day, and Laurel wakes up, and explains to Felicity that she was an idiot to try and take up Sarah's quest. Felicity tells her to shut up and make Sarah's quest her own. Vertigo has just opened one of the drums he stole, and it sent out a GPS signal.

Thea and her boyfriend/potential assassin are laying in bed, and then he pours them drinks. She smells something in the glass. This leads to a fight between Thea and the assassin, and then into a boyfriend vs ex-boyfriend fight, and then Daddy Malcom shows up. The assassin then kills himself.

Oliver walks into the Arrow Cave and Felicity lays down where Count Vertigo is. Laurel is gearing up, and she tells Oliver that he can't say sh*t to her that she doesn't know. He says there is. Then we get to Count Vertigo, who's chained everyone to the celing to make them work. Oliver and Laurel show up and take down Vertigo's men. Vertigo then sets the place on fire. The building's about to blow. Oliver saves the chained up chemists.

Laurel chases after Vertigo, and gets dosed again. She tries her best to fight it this time, but now she's not just seeing Sarah, she's seeing her father, too. She fights harder, and manages to break the Vertigo's hold, then manages to break Vertigo. She beats the crap out of him, and Oliver watches. He's then told that he needs to get home.

Laurel goes to see her father at the police station. She wants to tell him that Sarah's dead, but he says that he knows that Sarah's out of town and that he knows that Laurel is the new Canary. She still tells him (with no words, I might add) that Sarah's dead, and they embrace one another and have a good cry.

Oliver goes to the apartment and asks what happened. He asks Roy what happened after Thea just says she couldn't protect herself. Malcom answers him, though. Roy leaves at some point, and Malcom tells them that it's time for their training to begin. Oliver has to go somewhere, and so he goes to tell Team Arrow that he's leaving. They understand this time, since it's for Thea. We don't yet know where he's going, but apparently Thea's going with him. Roy goes to see her, and I'm going to assume that this is probably the beginning of their relationship all over again.

Oh, hey, they're on the Island. Thea's complaining about it. Flashback time again, and Amanda Waller explains that Oliver and Maseo need to help her find China White... In Starling.

Cool, Slade's back next episode!
  • Can't wait to see Slade next episode!!
    Who the hell has been feeding him anyway? They made it seem like they just left him on that island locked up by himself. At least on The Flash, the villains are kept prisoner right at Star Labs where people are there every day.

Also, did anyone else laugh when Laurel got shot again and in the same exact spot? It reminded me of Ace Ventura!

mqdefault.jpg
    IGN seems to believe it might help her develop the Black Canary's signature scream.
    Haven't they already introduced the Sonic Scream using a device? I thought Sara Lance's Canary used it when she first arrived.
    She did but for some annoying reason they want to get closer to the comic hence the death of Sara and laurel becoming the black canary in spite of her become quite annoying last season.
    She's gotten better.
    The Thea angle they're going with now seems interesting, though I'm surprised at how quickly she
    turned on Malcolm, after defending him and saying he was the only one who came back for her
    JCRendle wrote: »
    The Thea angle they're going with now seems interesting, though I'm surprised at how quickly she
    turned on Malcolm, after defending him and saying he was the only one who came back for her

It happens with her. The fact that she accepted that Oliver was the Arrow so quickly as opposed to treating him like the son of Satan after he told her the truth surprises me.
    I've got a theory that it's all an act, Malcolm told her previously that Oliver was the Arrow, and instructed her how to act when Oliver told her the truth - Remember, it was Malcolm who told Oliver that for all their good, he had to reveal the truth to Thea.
    I've considered that possibility. I did find it extremely difficult to believe that in all the time Thea and Malcolm were in Corto Maltese, he never explained "Oh, by the way, your brother is the Arrow."
    Huh... It seems as though though part of tonight's flashbacks are going to involve how that message Oliver found explaining the list that hasn't been brought up for two years.

Oliver and Thea are on the island, training, and apparently whatever they're eating should never be explained, otherwise it wouldn't be eaten. They talk around a campfire.

Flashbacks: Waller is briefing Ollie and Maseo about their mission. The one that China White is going to meet works for Queen Consolidated. Maseo plants a tracker on the man's car. (The man's name is Kang, by the way.) They follow this man, and then-detective Lance is drowning his sorrows when Laurel shows up. I wonder if most of this episode will be flashbacks. That'd be cool. Kang goes to work, apparently. Ollie spots Thea outside the building.

Present: Oliver's dreaming about Sarah, and Thea asks about her. This episode's gonna have more than a few old guest stars, which I think is awesome. Thea asks if the League killed Sarah, and Oliver ignores the question to go down into his special prison. Looks like it's time for a Slade appearance! Um... Slade appears to have escaped. Cool. I want him to be a recurring villain again.

Oliver leaves the cell, finds Thea and tells her that they need to leave. It seems Malcom was the one who let Slade out of his cell. I guess this is kind of a Most Dangerous Game type episode, I was really hoping this show would avoid one of those. It's too overdone.

Flashbacks: Ollie spies on Thea, who goes to talk to Oliver and her father's grave stones. She talks to her drug dealer, but Tommy Merlyn shows up to be the big brother she doesn't know he really is at this moment. All this talk depresses Ollie.

Present: Oliver and Thea run to where Robert Queen is covered up by rocks and find a gun. Slade ambushes them and bitch-slaps both of them.

Oliver wakes up in Slade's cell with Thea, and Slade's standing guard. He plans on faking their deaths just to keep them there. Slade talks about Shadow, explains to Thea that she's the reason he and Oliver are enemies. Oliver wants Thea out of there, but Slade says no, and walks away.

Flashbacks: Ollie sneaks into the office and accesses the computers, because they didn't erase his fingerprint scan. He searches his father's computer and finds a file left for him. Felicity decides to come up to the office now, so Ollie ducks out of sight. He watches Felicity talk to a picture of him, and then he leaves. At the safehouse, Maseo and Waller discuss the Kang stuff they stole.

At a party that likely Tommy is throwing, Diggle talks to one of the other rent-a-cops while Ollie sneaks in. Laurel's also at the party. She talks to Tommy, who spots Thea. She snuck in with a fake ID, obviously. Her dealer's there, too, because nobody in Starling goes anywhere without everyone else. My "Ollie's gonna kill this guy" sense is tingling. And the dealer recognizes him, too. He tries to shank Ollie, Ollie breaks his neck and throws him over a balcony.

Present: Thea wants out, Oliver tells her that they ain't gettin' out. She calls him out on what secrets he may still be keeping. He still doesn't answer the question and instead discovers a potential way to escape. He needs to dislocate her arm so that she can pull the switch to open the door. Damn, that's painful. It, of course, works. They indirectly mentioned Captain Boomeraing in that scene. That's both Flash and Arrow that he's been referenced on. I want him to come back, because he was nothing but badass.

Flashbacks: The cops show up to question everybody on the death of the drug dealer. Detective Lance is angry at everyone right now. Maseo takes Ollie out and mocks him for using a hoodie as a disguise and saying it wouldn't work "if you smeared grease paint all over your face". Ha. Ollie doesn't want to take up this fight, and wants to go back to his family.

Present: Thea and Oliver run through the woods and Thea trips one of Oliver's old traps. He takes the hit for her, so naturally, she asks about Sarah again. Oliver tells her about Malcom's involvement in Sarah's death, and that Malcom used her to do it.

Thea breaks down about this, and Oliver explains that she shouldn't blame herself since she wasn't in control of herself. Slade takes advantage of this situation and puts a gun to Thea's head. Thea then lays down some smack down, and Oliver tackles him, then beats the sh*t out of him for two seconds before Slade turns it around, then it becomes a three-man fight, Thea and Oliver on one side and Slade on the other. Slade vows to keep his promise.

Flashbacks: Ollie goes home and plugs the flash drive he saved that one file on into a tablet that somebody just left there. It's a video of his father, which is what explains that book of names. He asks Ollie to right his wrongs and save that city.

China White starts the auction, Maseo takes pictures. ARGUS moves in and this leads to a firefight. China White seemed as though she was ready for this, though. Just as she's about to have Maseo executed, Ollie shows up to save him. As China White tries to escape, she demands that her men find her the Yamashiros. Ollie stops the car, though, and knocks her out. He then threatens Kang.

Present: Thea holds the gun on Slade, ready to kill him. Oliver tells her not to do it, to prove that she's better than Malcom. The commercial pops in just as she pulls the trigger, so we're likely going to come back to see a bullet hole in a tree, or something.

Oh, no, just Slade back in the cell. Oliver and Slade talk about Thea. Slade tells him that he's lost his family, and wants to know how Felicity's doing. He asks how many people Oliver can lose before he ceases to be Oliver Queen.

Flashback: Ollie wants to be let go, but Waller says no. It's time for them to head back to China so that he can be debriefed. Laurel meets up with Tommy, where he asks her to dinner. She realizes that he's flirting with her and lets it happen, because we all know they do end up in a relationship. Thea goes to visit her brother and father's graves with flowers.

Present: Captain Lance visits Sarah's grave with flowers, and Laurel shows up. He's got a bottle, but he hasn't had a drink yet. He once again is angry at her, because she lied to him about Sarah. She doesn't want him to be angry, but she can't really stop him.

Thea and Oliver go back home. He wants nothing from her, except for her to keep quiet about what she learned. Malcom pops in and he's not all that happy that Oliver told Thea about what she did. He believes that he's done right, but she's just plain pissed at him, and doesn't want to be his daughter.
  • Oliver mentioned another prisoner who 'wouldn't be any help'-- I expected a big surprise reveal at the end but it never came.
    And guesses as to who it was?
    Captain Boomerang is the only guy I could think of, unless it's someone we haven't seen yet

He's the only one there, so it's Captain Boomerang.
  • Playing catch up, watched Year One and thought it was Good. Nine episodes into Arrow Year Two this show is heading into greatness. This show constantly raises it own bar, very impressed.