John Terry for Felix Leiter in Bond 23?

2»

Comments

Quoting Bond: image
    Smart man! ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Quoting DarthDimi:

You should have seen him in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4: The Next
    Generation. Ironically he had a prosthetic leg in that film. But I agree, Wright
    over Mac any day!
    I've spent years trying to forget TCM: The Next Generation. Please don't make me remember it.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Methinks Hedison is my favourite Leiter. His Felix is probably the only one you could believe was Bond's best mate - Sir Rog's Bond in The 'Die, that is, of course. :)

But I certainly like Wright's Felix; the Leiter for a new millennium. Not to sound too much like a Ronson commercial... ;)
    Quoting retrokitty: It would be perfect, Du$ty... Bond and Leiter could go shirtless.
    Argh, attack of the blondes!

#-O
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    "Oh dear gawd, please make it happen."

Just imagine it:

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Ha, McConaughey in a Bond film? Not sure about that. Certainly no to him getting his bongos out... ;)
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Oh come on, Georgey... I know you like bongos...

Oh, Henry!!
    @retrokitty Well, I'm sure I'd like her bongos... ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    McConaughey was only a suggestion for a Texan born actor who could play Felix next to Craig's Bond. He's not someone I want to see as Felix. Merely a 'how about this guy?'
    Jeffrey Wright is a wonderful casting choice to the current Leiter, and I hope he returns in Bond 23.
    Though I would like to see his part given a boost to that of more than an extended cameo.
    Felix deserves a bigger role, or else the audience don't care about him, or his relationship with Bond. With CR and QOS they have touched on that slightly, but not alot. I'd just like to see the role padded out slightly, without him being killed off, or becoming a bad guy. It doesn't have to be dramatic.
    Flather over.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Quoting St_George: @retrokitty Well, I'm sure I'd like her bongos...
    We all would.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 23,547
    Quoting Benny: I'd just like to see the role padded out slightly, without him being killed off,
    or becoming a bad guy. It doesn't have to be dramatic.
    Flather over.
    Well @Benny, how about getting some of the Fleming legacy worked in here then? Leiter gets the shark but somewhat recovers and becomes the ally with the wooden leg?
  • Actors like John Terry really bring out the finer details of a scene. Like the furniture, the color of his wind breaker, etc, etc.
  • Quoting jaguar007:

They have finally cast the same Felix in 2 consecutive Bond films, if Leiter is going to be in Bond #23, please keep Wright.
    I think we need revolving race-inclusive Felixes. We've broken the barrier with black Felix, now I'm waiting on Asian Felix, Native American Felix, etc. etc. Don't forget Felicia, the tough female Felix who's Bond's equal!
    :O
    Whats wrong with Jeffrey Wright?
    @The_Reaper We don't speak emoticon, sir. Please add a written message each time you wish to express your emotions through one of those. Thanks. ;;)

There's nothing wrong with Wright IMO. Sure, Fleming never intended the man to be black but we've had two black Leiters so far and both times they've impressed me more than say Cec Linder or Norman Burton, or, of course, John Terry.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wright is awesome, but please, give him more screentime. It feels like his Leiter is merely a cameo appearance. Honestly, they should atleast double, if not triple his time on screen.
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: Wright is awesome, but please, give him more screentime. It feels like his Leiter is merely a cameo appearance. Honestly, they should atleast double, if not triple his time on screen.
    More than that. They should raise the chemistry between him and Bond, make them friends, have them share adventures and last but not least cripple Leiter to pay deference to the novels.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I don't know but I think John Terry's acting was a bit wooden in TLD. Wonder if he could change that if he would be in B23...
  • I think it'd be nice to have him back, but i also like Wright in the role at the moment, and i think that they should keep the same cast throughout Craig's era, otherwise it'll just feel weird and un-realistic and would spoil it, if they've had him for the first two, and then change him for the next one, which carries on from QoS, i think? :')
This discussion has been closed.