John Terry for Felix Leiter in Bond 23?

edited March 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 114
I really think John Terry was a great- if not THE best- Felix Leiter in franchise history. Anybody know if he is still in good shape? He was sorely underused in The Living Daylights. What a shame. :(

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    He didn't look as lost in Lost ;)
    Isn't Jeffrey Wright still attached to the project?
    I actually have no clue. But come on. That green windbreaker. Sheer class, Luds. Sheer class.
    What are you trying to do, Moore? ... Start World War Three???
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    John Terry was certainly one of the elite casting choices from TLD.
    But with Jeffrey Wright in the role I think the character of Felix is in safe hands. No need to have a new Leiter.
    Besides, by having Terry back, it might cause 'world war three OO7'
    Oh, he most certainly was an elite choice.

I really feel bad for people who supported Terry. He really just wanted to have a chance to give it a go, but .... didn't get far. He just got shot down. He got pretty rude treatment.

I think given the chance could have done pretty well with it.

Guess we shall never know.
    His performance in TLD left me feeling blue... as blue as that windbreaker.

:(
    Ah, I forget the color. Regardless, the windbreak was quite smashing. I wish it was still in fashion. One day it is hip. Next day, the rubbish bin.

:( :( :(

why, John, why!?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I spoke with him at a Q&A a few years ago. I'm sure he's dying to get that role back.
    He's a handsome old chap, could be an interesting take on Leiter. Must admit, with my football-addled mind I did double take at the thread title... :">
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 50
    Quoting Moore: Oh, he most certainly was an elite choice.

I really feel bad for people
    who supported Terry. He really just wanted to have a chance to give it a go, but
    .... didn't get far. He just got shot down. He got pretty rude treatment.
    ---------------------------------------------

You mean this is a put-up job??????? ;-)

John Terry back for Bond 23.

There can be only one.
  • I used to like John Terry, but after that whole Vanessa Perroncel /Wayne Bridge scandal I don't know...

(What do you mean wrong John Terry?)
    All jokes aside, John Terry's hands down the worst Leiter ever and he knows it himself. One of the few you'd never get on an anniversary show or documentary I'm sure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,894
    While he's not the best Leiter (where's Stacey Keach when you need him. Mike Hammer, meet James Bond. B-) ), I can't honestly say he's my least favourite either. I'd say Norman Burton is, without question, the worst.
    Quoting MajorDSmythe: While he's not the best Leiter (where's Stacey Keach when you need him. Mike Hammer, meet James Bond. B-) ), I can't honestly say he's my least favourite either. I'd say Norman Burton is, without question, the worst.
    I dunno. Cec Linder isn't exactly my preferred Leiter either.
    ~:>
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Cec Linder is next, after Burton, as the worst Leiter IMO. And they're supposed to be Bonds equal in the CIA?
    Especially with the likes of Jack Lord and Rik Van Nutter preceding and succeeding the man.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 2,491
    he is already prepairing for next Bond movie practicing box :).
    http://img694.imageshack.us/i/terrydm1604468x360.jpg

but seriously why not, he didnt have enough scenes in his only Bond movie,and i really like Lost it is my favourite series :)
    Quoting DarthDimi:
    Especially with the likes of Jack Lord and Rik Van Nutter
    preceding and succeeding the man.
    Can't say that I was keen on Lords Leiter. Van Nutter on the other hand, is my favourite. He manages to out-cool Bond, with little effort. And what about his shirts, Ace Ventura has nothing on him.
    Van Nutter is also the Felix I envision when reading the novels. He was excellent for TB. That said though, I'm also a fan of Jeffrey's Felix although by all means he's not the same guy.
    Terry said his lines in TLD like he was doing a high school play. His acting talent improved significantly over the next 20 years when he appeared on Lost.
    I like Van Nutter. He got a little grating at times though. Overplayed the coolness at points.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Ahhh... Jack Lord... yummmm..... Lord and Wright are the only ones that appear Bond's equal to me... So that is why we need the likes of Terry. Bond it to be superior to all other men...non?
    edited March 2011 Posts: 23,544
    It's about time IMO to give Wright the novel treatment which means cut off a leg and replace it with a prosthetic. I've always found Bond and Leiter's chemistry very interesting ever since the latter was crippled. He'd be the informer, the intelligence guy, and Bond can still be the physically superior field agent.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Cast Matthew Mcconaughey a proper Texan who wouldn't look out of place next to Craig.
    Give him a little more to do than being the normal cameo that all the previous Leiters have been, and hey presto. Felix Leiter is given the proper treatment.
    They have finally cast the same Felix in 2 consecutive Bond films, if Leiter is going to be in Bond #23, please keep Wright.
    Quoting Benny: Cast Matthew Mcconaughey a proper Texan who wouldn't look out of place next to Craig.

Give him a little more to do than being the normal cameo that all the previous Leiters have been, and hey presto. Felix Leiter is given the proper treatment.
    Oh goodness @Benny, please note Mcconaughey! [-O< I really can't stand him, he's such a lightweight; much rather Wright any day of the week.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    It would be perfect, Du$ty... Bond and Leiter could go shirtless.
    edited March 2011 Posts: 23,544
    Quoting Dusty59: Oh goodness @Benny, please note Mcconaughey! [-O< I really can't stand him, he's such a lightweight; much rather Wright any day of the week.
    You should have seen him in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 4: The Next Generation. Ironically he had a prosthetic leg in that film. But I agree, Wright over Mac any day!
  • I think it will be hard for JT to get out of Chelsea duties for filming :p
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    Quoting Moore: I really think John Terry was a great- if not THE best- Felix Leiter in franchise history.
This discussion has been closed.