SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 512
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Can someone put a new link of the video, its not working again. Thank you in advance :-)

this link still works:
    http://uploaded.net/file/3aeqlxzj
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Can someone put a new link of the video, its not working again. Thank you in advance :-)
    Yes. I tried downloading it but doesn't work.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    JWPepper wrote: »

the uploaded.to link does work!
    JWPepper wrote: »

the uploaded.to link does work!

For me not

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Zekidk wrote: »
    These kind of complex action sequences.......I love them. They could not have been filmed in the Brosnan-era...or way before.
    You surely haven't watched any behind-the-scenes or documentaries from the earlier Bond movies.

Yes, I am a complete dumb-ass huh :-)? ;-)

I indulged in every behind-the-scenes documentary.

Then you'd know some of the craziest stunts were done for REAL. I'm talking about stuff the series no longer has the balls to do any more. The bungee jump in GE, the hanging from a net which is hanging from the back of a plane, Moonraker 's and TSWLM's PTSs.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    These kind of complex action sequences.......I love them. They could not have been filmed in the Brosnan-era...or way before.
    You surely haven't watched any behind-the-scenes or documentaries from the earlier Bond movies.

Then you'd know some of the craziest stunts were done for REAL. I'm talking about stuff the series no longer has the balls to do any more. The bungee jump in GE, the hanging from a net which is hanging from the back of a plane, Moonraker 's and TSWLM's PTSs.

And the sex scene with Grace Jones.
    Ha! Touchè
    The bungee jump in GE, the hanging from a net which is hanging from the back of a plane, Moonraker 's and TSWLM's PTSs.
    The climbing of the greek mountain and skiing on the bobsleigh track in FYEO, 500 stuntmen sliding down on ropes in the largest set ever built at that time in YOLT. Arguing that "complex action sequences" is only a thing of this century is just...
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 252
    @ Jake24 & aaron819

I'm uploading the video (Spoiler!) on YouTube.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119

So be patient man :-). So far this stunt for SPECTRE looks very promising.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    @ Jake24 & aaron819

Thank you so much :-)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dobbelt null im action mit ihr Flugzeug! Ach ja!
    Great news pics Marketto, decided not to play the video though!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    With a P99, BOND IS BACK IN ACTION!!!

QJNlTIF.jpg

is that the p99?... the barrel of that gun looks a little longer than the traditional p99 - which has a more snubbed tip to it, as seen below..

p99_zps9753d86c.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes great pics, but I too didn't watch
    the video, didn't want to know too much
    too soon.
    Good thing: Hinx seems to have the beard. Good.
  • RC7RC7

So be patient man :-). So far this stunt for SPECTRE looks very promising.

He's just making the point that it 'has been done'.
    I too like Hinx with the beard, a very
    strong look for the film.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    @ Jake24 & aaron819
    Thanks for this!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    HASEROT wrote: »

QJNlTIF.jpg

is that the p99?... the barrel of that gun looks a little longer than the traditional p99 - which has a more snubbed tip to it, as seen below..

p99_zps9753d86c.jpg

The P99 has had a slight redesign in recent years. I think it looks terrible now.
    148575_ts.jpg
    DrGorner wrote: »
    I too like Hinx with the beard, a very
    strong look for the film.

And a nice change from the Aryan Grant clone.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    This ten-month wait is going to be excruciating.
    I have to say the curls in Seydoux's hair look very Diana Rigg.

12542ms.jpgDianna-Rigg.jpg
    I know nothing about guns " they make me very nervous " but
    That redesigned P99, looks as if it was designed by someone
    Who normally designs trainers. Are they going for the street
    Gang market. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »

QJNlTIF.jpg

p99_zps9753d86c.jpg

The P99 has had a slight redesign in recent years. I think it looks terrible now.
    148575_ts.jpg
    I was wondering if he using the Walther P99 again. But it also PPX or the PPQm2. But it will be a Walther I hope.

DrGorner wrote: »
    I know nothing about guns " they make me very nervous " but
    That redesigned P99, looks as if it was designed by someone
    Who normally designs trainers. Are they going for the street
    Gang market. ;)
    A gun is a gun, I don't care what it looks like, just so long as it's not pointed at me ;)
    It's one of the things I find funny in movies, when they run out of bullets
    They throw the gun away ! :)) I bet you could still threaten people with it
    ( they don't know it's not loaded) or you could hit someone with it. :D
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I prefer this one to be honest. The original version, but which is re-designed by Q: The Walther PPK short 9 mm, with palmprint reader, in black color. Specially made for "Skyfall" by Walther:
    SkyF-pistol-1.jpg

The original PP had a slightly longer barrel. Do not forget that Walther is a German product that was heavily used by the Nazi's in WWII:
    Walther%20PP%20167732P%20links.jpg

It's really funny to check the official Walther-website. And how they "sell" their products:

The current Walther PPK .38, which has evolved more into a "family" weapon. Police forces don't use it anymore. Nowadays, made in USA, under licence. Color: Stainless:
    ppk-specs-slider.jpg
    description: Once in a great while, a firearm becomes so popular that it becomes a cultural icon. Like a great car or movie, a great firearm can become a true classic. The PPK established a defining influence on the design of concealed carry firearms. Its elegant lines and precision engineering have a timeless appeal. And a PPK has the solid feel of pure quality. More than ever, the PPK is a statement of sophistication.

The current Walther PPK/S is more for...uhm..."hobbyists". And is still made in Germany. It's the cheaper .22 version of the PPK. Color: Stainless:
    ppks22-specs-slider.jpg
    description: The PPK/S .22 blends the iconic PPK design with the fun and cost savings of the .22 L.R. The PPK/S .22 is identical to its PPK brother in .380. But you can shoot the .22 rimfire for pennies a shot and recoil is minimal. The PPK/S .22 is great for the whole family. As a quality firearm, you can be proud to own it and someday pass it on to the next generation.

Until 2012 the Dutch police used the Walther P5, which is inspired, design-wise, on the PPK. The weapon is not produced anymore:
    p5_gross_2451999.jpg

So now the Dutch police (since 2013) uses the P99 follow-up, the Walther P99Q:
    behoerden_portal_img_p99.jpg

But...the P99Q is different from the PPQ:
    ppqm2-specs.jpg

To summarize this short review. I love the design of the PPK. But it's simply not used anymore by governmental institutions, like national police forces, the military and secret services.

The P99 is commonly used by them nowadays. And moreover their follow-ups the PPQ and P99Q are quickly replacing the P99. So it's hard to say which weapon Bond is using in "SPECTRE". But I guess it's the PPQ or the P99Q.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    In taken 2 Neeson uses the same gun for all the film without reloading it once. It's a new type of endless-ammunition gun
    :)) Never noticed ( it's not a great film compared to the first ) must
    Keep an eye out the next time I see it.
    Apr-01-2014-1532.gif