SPECTRE: Bond's new car for private use OHMSS's Aston Martin DBS from 1968?

edited January 2015 in SPECTRE Posts: 11,119
I'd love this car as a nice reference to "OHMSS" (and "DAF", as the 1968 DBS also had a tiny cameo in the 1971 film). Only if it's part of the plot or story. Similar to how Bond won his previous private car, the DB5, during the poker game in The Bahama's. What do you think guys?

Here's a nice picture of George Lazenby during the "Designing 007 Exhibition" in Australia:
GLWithAstonMartinDBS_3.jpg
IMG_0784.JPG
designing-007-482x298.jpg
bond-museum.jpg
140109-designing-007-melbourne-aston-front.jpg

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The OHMSS DBS is my favourite Bond Aston . :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DrGorner wrote: »
    The OHMSS DBS is my favourite Bond Aston . :)

Agreed. I much prefer this version to the famous DB5 from GE
    " .. Such lovely lines"
    I think it just looks so elegant, even the modern Aston's look
    More aggressive than elegant. ( only my opinion, of course) ;)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 158
    Read somewhere Connery felt that the DB5 from Goldfinger was more fitting for a woman. This is my favourite tbh. Didn't Roger drive a DBS in The Persuaders?
    Yes, I grew up watching Roger as the saint and Lord Brett Sinclair
    So I'd see the DBS every week. Although I remember reading that the TV
    DBS had a smaller engine ?
    Same here. I realise the DB5 is iconic for obvious reasons. But why can't they use one of the other Astons (preferably this one in the new films). DB10 is a great looking car but I would be happy to see Craig behind this wheel. Maybe it might look out of place with other cars in Spectre but that's the fascination for me. Modern doesn't necessarily mean better.
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Yes, I grew up watching Roger as the saint and Lord Brett Sinclair
    So I'd see the DBS every week. Although I remember reading that the TV
    DBS had a smaller engine ?
    Yes, the DBS V8 wasn't ready at the time of filming, so they had the original model with the 4 litre engine from the DB5 & 6 and just put V8 badges on it.
    I hope someone from the production team had a quiet word in Mendes ear to reintroduce this classic DBS again in SPECTRE. I'm sure audiences would be cheering seeing this great car reappear again, with the same reg plate.
  • I hope someone from the production team had a quiet word in Mendes ear to reintroduce this classic DBS again in SPECTRE. I'm sure audiences would be cheering seeing this great car reappear again, with the same reg plate.

Would be great indeed. Especially since "SPECTRE" will be connecting all previous three Craig-films.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Be nice to see it again, but if they do include it I hope they don't include reference to the heartbreak that Bond suffered in that car.
    That will be good but why don't bring back the Aston Martin Vanquish that will be his off Duty with the gadgets.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    That will be good but why don't bring back the Aston Martin Vanquish that will be his off Duty with the gadgets.
    Because that's not as nice as the OHMSS car.....

• Agent7F wrote: »
    Because that's not as nice as the OHMSS car.....

And because that Vanquish is the last Ford-Aston. It has Ford Focus switches, clocks, buttons. So it's an ungly car.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just bring back the V8 Vantage from TLD the car that the DBS grew into .
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Just bring back the V8 Vantage from TLD the car that the DBS grew into .

Well, Coggins, you seem to have gotten your wish.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Right idea, wrong pussy.