You Never Dine Twice - Brosnan's wife sues restaurant

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited October 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Keely Brosnan, wife of former James Bond star Pierce, is reported to be suing a Los Angeles eatery because she cracked a tooth on a piece of walnut shell.

According to the <a href="http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/celebrities/131317694.html"; target="_blank">Winnipeg Free Press</a>, she has launched legal action against the R&D Kitchen in Santa Monica after she was left "sore and ill" following a visit to the restaurant in October 2009. Her suit states she "sustained serious and permanent injuries to her health, strength and activity" .

It is that claimed Keely bit into a slice carrot cake only to find a rogue fragment of rock hard walnut shell and this could have been what caused her injury.

But the establishment claims it immediately contacted its insurance company after the unexpected cake incident, insisting "we take food safety and cleanliness very seriously."

She is is asking for unspecified damages in the case.

Comments

She should drink more milk. It helps strengthen your teeth.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I can think of other ways to improve her health, strength and activity.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    Looks like Mrs. Brosnan won't "Dine Another Day" at that Los Angeles eatery.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Strange case, then I am a strange case myself...
  • I had to sue Applebees once for the same thing. SPECTRE apparently slipped a metal ingot into my hamburger. I took the unfinished meal home and broke a tooth on the remainder the next day. The restaurant declared since I took it off site they had no responsibility. I filed the action and by the time this reached a law chamber the damages were several thousand quid. Recognizing a likely loss, the solicitors handed me a check for my dental work and filing fee by return mail.

It is dangerous to eat in restaurants, but then we live a life of danger, dont we?
    Yes, we do live in a world of greed and avarice. .... It is a litigious society and very hard to judge these things from a small story. But doesn't she feel she is already lucky and won her share of lifes lotteries. Does she really need the money? Does she feel that someone at the carrot cake bakery was out to get Mrs. James Bond? Accidents happen why does someone always have to pay? Now carrot cake for dessert in a restaurant is going to cost more. I prefer the chocolate cake myself.
    I think it was the carrot cake that has been causing permanent damage to her health.
    I am certain that if we all were privy to the entire story the lawsuit would be at least arguably reasonable. My previous comments may prove to be too broad and somewhat smug.
    I don't care about all these lawsuits, but if a restaurant has made a mistake I would consider it only fair that they repair any damage. It is not as if the Brosnans are in need of any money.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    She thought that the carrot in the cake was part of her 5 a day along with a Terry's chocolate orange and apple tart
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ouch- that puts the ache in cake!

(In Xenia Onatopp accent) "So, Mr. Walnut, you think you can break me?"
    I don't think she really needed a slice of carrot cake.
  • jesus, does she not have enough money. i always think celebrities get too much money, she probably has more than she's ever going to spend so why bother???

and with all due respect, does she really need any cake???
    One last thought. It's funny that those with more money than the rest of us seem to think that they deserve more and more.... and at the expense of those of us who have just enough to survive. In this piziness there is much risico.
  • And think of all those people in third world countries who's every day is a struggle to survive, getting clean enough water to drink constitutes an achievement. Got no time for (I wouldn't call Brosnan's wife 'a celebrity') , these people who think their crap smells sweeter than others or they have some obligation to being treated better than other people. :L

Whatever happened to Equality?, thing of the past, if it ever existed.
    jesus, does she not have enough money. i always think celebrities get too much money, she probably has more than she's ever going to spend so why bother???

and with all due respect, does she really need any cake???
    It is not about money but about the principle, if the restaurant is responsible for any damage for its guest due to faulty food it should take the responsibility. Just because somebody has a lot of money doesn't mean they are exempt from any damages.

And do you really want to ask if she needs any cake? Why judge what soembody eats or not? She is an adult you know they can decide for themselves.

:>
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    The Wal Is Nut Enough for some people! :-))
    @Monsieur_Aubergine

10 points to you for finally figuring out a TWINE joke with a nut reference. I gave up on that a week ago!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    ^Cheers for humouring me @QBranch.
    I was really strugglling. :-)
    @Monsieur_Aubergine

Nut- uh, NOT a problem! :p
  • We need Marc Almond to do the next Bond theme

He of Soft Shell fame

He can cashew in on the success of it

'Pecan' once again make a name for himself

X_X

gotta go - It walnut be long before morning
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    After the beard thread... the nut thread... :-))