"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Liverpool have opened talks with AC Milan over a move for striker Mario Balotelli, Sky sources understand.

Oh no.
    The Cardiff City/Malky Mackay/Iain Moody saga has taken a massive twist.

Perhaps Vincent Tan wasn't that much of a bad guy after all.

Be interesting to hear of further developments.
    Oh the Cardiff scum causing issues again
    PS keep going Norwich
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised by our 3-1 win last night! Just 43 games to go! :-t

Champions elect? ;-) \m/

=)) I will show my backside in Harrods window if we are Willy!!! :-O
    largo2 wrote: »
    Oh the Cardiff scum causing issues again
    PS keep going Norwich

Cheers Largo! It's the East Anglian derby against Ipswich next! So i will be well pumped for that one!!! 8-X

Stunned at this whole Malky Mackay scenario! Will not pass judgement yet until its investigated but will be truly saddened if it is all proven to be true!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 6,396
    It would seem to be very true.

Mackay has now issued a statement through the LMA:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28890833

Bigots have no place in football.

How very disappointing to read. Credit for owning up, but should never have been in the situation in the first place!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 6,396

How very disappointing to read. Credit for owning up, but should never have been in the situation in the first place!

I never realised racism, sexism and homophobia is OK because it can always be considered as "banter".

I never realised racism, sexism and homophobia is OK because it can always be considered as "banter".

Yep it appears that some people are still living in the past. If it was a mere mortal like me and you? We would most likely get arrested and throw in a cell!
    Early days but well done to my swansea boys today
    And well done Norwich
    largo2 wrote: »
    Early days but well done to my swansea boys today
    And well done Norwich

Cheers Largo! Well chuffed we beat Ipswich today! Always a sweet one to win! Gary Monk is doing an outstanding job for your Swansea boys! :-bd
    Man United drew away to Sunderland 1-1, accept its going to take time for Van Gal to get this team playing, and get the right players in and clear out alot of average players.
    Man United drew away to Sunderland 1-1, accept its going to take time for Van Gal to get this team playing, and get the right players in and clear out alot of average players.

Assuming the fans and the Glazers give him the time to do so?

Unfortunately I can only speak for myself, though some fans are being unrealistic calling for his head already. Though its about results ultimately, next week will be vital with regards to what players come in.

Unfortunately I can only speak for myself, though some fans are being unrealistic calling for his head already. Though its about results ultimately, next week will be vital with regards to what players come in.

Their are alot of unrealistic fans at all clubs really. Makes my blood boil sometimes when i hear the abuse some of the managers get and the players. I certainly could not do it that's for sure.

The media don't help matters, too many knee jerk reactions from very changeable pundits and so called football experts peddling doom.
    Just out of curiosity? If you win the Carling Cup or whatever it is called this year? Does that get you into the Europa League?
    Just out of curiosity? If you win the Carling Cup or whatever it is called this year? Does that get you into the Europa League?

Yes.

1 place goes to 5th place in the Premier League.
    1 place goes to FA Cup winners.
    1 place goes to League Cup winners.
    Don't worry guys
    My boys have the trophy in the bag this season ;)

Hopefully united will aim higher.

[-O<
    Angel Di Maria signed For Manchester United! Admittedly we need strengthening in other areas. Despite that, Angel Di Maria is a excellent player bit expensive though £57.7m $-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,691
    Man Utd losing against a 3rd division team tonight? :-O Ok, they are playing their B team, but still...
    Man Utd losing against a 3rd division team tonight? :-O Ok, they are playing their B team, but still...

United's defence is not great
    X_X
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,691
    Man Utd down 2-0 now

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand 3-0 for MK Dons against Man Utd
    Complete justice that Celtic have been knocked out of the Champions League. For the second time this season! ;-)

Hopefully united will aim higher.

[-O<

Looks like you tempted fate my dear boy! X_X

Yes.

1 place goes to 5th place in the Premier League.
    1 place goes to FA Cup winners.
    1 place goes to League Cup winners.

Cheers Willy! Never been enthused about this tournament! :-q
    Think this should be moved to the horror thread. 4 - 0. :-O

Majority of squad will get moved on, assuming there are takers :-S
    MK Dons starting side cost £235,000… the same amount that Angel di Maria will earn every week for this United side. 4-0.
    MK Dons starting side cost £235,000… the same amount that Angel di Maria will earn every week for this United side. 4-0.

Well? That stat speaks for itself! Full credit to the MK Dons players as they clearly wanted it more than UTD?!!!

:-O
    Have faith in Van Gal, now he knows exactly what he has walked into. Can't afford to fall too far behind in premiership, hopefully with players coming back will pick up points.